15 - 1 Choke Jobs

bflo83

Which 15-1 team had the biggest choke in the Conference Championship  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which 15-1 team had the biggest choke in the Conference Championship

• 2005 Steelers 41-27 loss to New England
    • 1999 Vikings 30-27 loss to Atlanta

You would think a 15 -1 record would count for something in the NFL. Not for these two choke artists. As crappy as the Steelers looked today I wasn't surprised by their loss. My vote has to go with the Vikings - that was a great choke job :devil:

A team doesn't get to 15-1 through dumb luck. This was a team that upgraded it's running game (with Duce Staley) and defense (by bringing back Dick LeBeau). They drafted a can't miss QB with a top ten pick. While most pre-season pundits didn't think they would be this good there was no reason to think that they wouldn't take their division over the Bungles, Brownies and Ravens.

For a team to dominate the regular season and go 15- 1, beating the Super Bowl champions on the way, have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and then lose the Championship game at home - the bottom line is they choked.

Going 15-1 with a perfect kicker, then having him honk one in overtime in the NFC championship game is, by definition, the greatest choke that ever happened. It'd be like having a QB that's never lost in the NFL, then having him throw a whole bunch of inter...well, it'd be pretty bad.

Going 15-1 with a perfect kicker, then having him honk one in overtime in the NFC championship game is, by definition, the greatest choke that ever happened.  It'd be like having a QB that's never lost in the NFL, then having him throw a whole bunch of inter...well, it'd be pretty bad.

216199[/snapback]

Lol, but the kid is a rookie. I'd take a 14-1 rookie over JP Losman right here right now.

Wasnt a choke. Steelers play in a patsy division which reinforced their bloated record. Going into the game I knew the Pat's would win it was a easy game to call. The Pats have much more playoff experience. They have a much smarter coach. They have a far superior qb. No choke job at all. They simply didnt match up.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

I don't think we have any right to talk about this anyways, after the sort of misery we've been through... I personally would much rather see New England win than another damn team win a Super Bowl that has never won before. Soon there won't be many teams left in that category!

:D