Suck it up Bills

Chan's offense was light years ahead of Hackett's? The stats don't show that it was light years better. Chan was better at using Spiller and getting production out of an average QB and scrub WRs. But he also had more years to prove those things and develop his offense. Hackett and his offense can still prove to be better than Chan. Even if you want to just compare the first years of their respective offenses then going by just the stats, Hackett was technically better.

Chan's Offense

2010:

Total yards: 25th

Passing yards: 24th

Rushing yards: 18th

Points per game: 28th

2011:

Total yards: 14th

Passing yards: 15th

Rushing yards: 13th

Points per game: 14th

2012:

Total yards: 19th

Passing yards: 25th

Rushing yards: 6th

Points per game: 21st

Hackett's Offense

2013:

Total yards: 19th

Passing yards: 28th

Rushing yards: 2nd

Points per game: 22nd

Edited by Bangarang

Chan did more with less, imo. Hackett was frustrating with how predictable it was at times. Hopefully he continues to grow as a NFL coordinator.

Chan was equally predictable. Teams started stacking the box and taking away the short stuff and our offense became stagnant. I also remember Chan abandoning the run game for no reason at all.

Chan did some things well offensively but certainly had his fair share of flaws.

Chan was equally predictable. Teams started stacking the box and taking away the short stuff and our offense became stagnant. I also remember Chan abandoning the run game for no reason at all.

Chan did some things well offensively but certainly had his fair share of flaws.

I remember Chan abandoning the running game when we were down 30 points, is that what you remember?

I remember Chan abandoning the running game when we were down 30 points, is that what you remember?

I remember Chan throwing out 5 wide in short yardage situations all the time, regardless of score.

The ship has sailed. He failed. Suck it up.

Chan's offense was predictable and his play calling was gutless, but yeah, anything looks good compared to Hackett. The OC job is simply over his head. The way he used no-huddle is how I play Madden when I'm impatient. The over use of TJ and the under-use of CJ. The disorganized passing plays on 3rd or 4th & goal. The inability to create a good passing or running game. How about get any OC with experience instead of this Hack.. ett

I remember Chan throwing out 5 wide in short yardage situations all the time, regardless of score.

I think they call that misdirection. Or in his case, "really???"

I remember Chan abandoning the running game when they were down by 3 points. Calling pass plays on 3rd and short. Trying in vein to fake out defenses with his 5 wide spread sets with SJ as the only decent WR.

Most of all I remember his two moronic choices for defensive coordinators who couldn't coach a pee wee team. The latter set franchise, and NFL records for being so bad. The first ever NFL team in the 100+ year history to ever allow a 300 yard passer, and 300 yards rushing in the same game.

Be grateful that bum is gone.

Chan did more with less, imo. Hackett was frustrating with how predictable it was at times. Hopefully he continues to grow as a NFL coordinator.

Chan did less with more! Jauron had the same basic players, and went 7-9.

While Hackett was very predictable running 70% of the time up the middle, it was also his first year as an NFL offensive coordinator. Gailey had many years of NFL experience, as OC, and HC. He made the stupidest, most atrocious mistakes EVER!!

Remember him defending Trent Edwards, naming him the starting QB, and then cutting him after two weeks into the season. That alone set the team back because no other QB got the reps needed to replace Edwards.

Chan stated that Edwards, Fitz, Brian Brohm were all about equal...then they played in his system, and only one guy came close to making things work.

The guy clung to Fitz like he was gold, and called plays like Fitz was Brady.

Be grateful he is gone.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I remember Chan abandoning the running game when they were down by 3 points. Calling pass plays on 3rd and short. Trying in vein to fake out defenses with his 5 wide spread sets with SJ as the only decent WR.

Most of all I remember his two moronic choices for defensive coordinators who couldn't coach a pee wee team. The latter set franchise, and NFL records for being so bad. The first ever NFL team in the 100+ year history to ever allow a 300 yard passer, and 300 yards rushing in the same game.

Be grateful that bum is gone.

Chan did less with more! Jauron had the same basic players, and went 7-9

Jauron had SuperBowl winner Perry Fewell. Chan understood the harsh reality that the opponents would put up 40 points a game and he had to sling it early to have any chance to win.

yes teams just flocked to sign Chan after he was available...he is a good addition to an offensive staff...poor coordinator and a bad head coach

Chan got offers. You're wrong.

That's a lot of anger for an old man with SJ choker, two UDFA WR's, and the Amish Rifle,