Hairston

zazie

Hairston suffered a back injury didnt he? Prolly reagregated it when playing golf or something silly.

Still hasnt been cleared by our medical staff though.

Reagregated ??? really? that's a new one...... :nana:

Whaley and Marrone don't seem overly confident in Hairston's ability if they chose to draft 2 OT's.

not necessarily so - they could have not been overly confident of his long-term health

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a Chris Hairston fan all along - I thought he played well when he did play, and that if healthy, would be the lone term solution at RT. But I would guess drafting two RT's, and another who could move to that, may signal otherwise.

To paraphrase Marv you can't be too rich too thin or have too many tackles that can play.

I think we just wanna know why it was such a freakin secret what his injury was.

I mean if the guy broke his arm just tell us he broke his arm. The story was fishy.

Was he despressed?

Was he in rehab?

Did someone in his family die?

Why. And if the player has not signed sufficient waivers, HIPAA would definitely prevent the Bills from disclosing anything!

Does anyone know if Hairston is in his final contract year?

If he is, do we keep the guy, especially if it is at the expense of a younger guy we want to develop and who we could have for more than one year?

If we think he's healthy and a contributor, absolutely we keep him. Unfortunately for message boards sake, none of us have the slightest idea where he stands - so it's even more trivial to get into right now than most of our debates. It's no knock on you at all here but as far as analysis goes its a bit like debating if 23 is a good lotto number to pick this week.

Edited by NoSaint

Hairston is a non-factor for this team. He was decent for a 4th round pick when he played, but that was about his ceiling. He was average at best as a pass blocker, and extremely disappointing as a run blocker for his size.

More importantly, the Bills have stocked up at the position since he's been here. If we need to worry about Hairston, that means bad things have happened to this team, and guys like Henderson or Kouandjio haven't worked out.

I think Hairston is unlikely to make the team, simply from a reliability and depth perspective. Pears barely makes more than Hairston this year, and would be a much more proven backup. Plus you have guys like Henderson and Richardson, that are likely ahead of him on the backup depth chart already.

Does anyone know if Hairston is in his final contract year?

If he is, do we keep the guy, especially if it is at the expense of a younger guy we want to develop and who we could have for more than one year?

Yes he's in his final year...But if they kept him it would likely only be at the expense of Pears...If they don't keep Henderson, it's likely because he did something stupid...Not because they feel Hairston is better. Henderson could also be a PS candidate, if they wanted to keep Hairston.

Richardson is all but a lock to make the team. Other than that there are no other young guys to worry about.

I still think Hairston is battling Pears...One of those two certainly gets cut. I personally think the Bills move on from Hairston. He wasn't a Marrone/Whaley guy either.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Hairston is a non-factor for this team. He was decent for a 5th round pick when he played, but that was about his ceiling. He was average at best as a pass blocker, and extremely disappointing as a run blocker for his size.

More importantly, the Bills have stocked up at the position since he's been here. If we need to worry about Hairston, that means bad things have happened to this team, and guys like Henderson or Kouandjio haven't worked out.

I think Hairston is unlikely to make the team, simply from an injury and depth perspective. Pears barely makes more than Hairston this year, and would be a much more proven backup. Plus you have guys like Henderson and Richardson, that are likely ahead of him on the backup depth chart already.

Yes he's in his final year...But if they kept him it would likely only be at the expense of Pears...If they don't keep Henderson, it's likely because he did something stupid...Not because they feel Hairston is better. Henderson could also be a PS candidate, if they wanted to keep Hairston.

a hand full of games, and you think he hit his ceiling?

OT's play, and get better for a decade. I say we see what he's got, and keep the best talent.

a hand full of games, and you think he hit his ceiling?

OT's play, and get better for a decade. I say we see what he's got, and keep the best talent.

Yes, that's what I said. But he's had 15 starts over 2 seasons, and played in more than that. He also couldn't stay healthy when he was given starting roles. I certainly think that's sufficient to form opinions on what you can expect from him. And from what I saw, I don't expect much.

He actually played better at LT (still average at best) than RT (deficient) IMO, from a pass protection standpoint...But was terrible on both sides run blocking. Best case scenario is that he can be a backup in the NFL.

Also, he'll be in camp (If he can pass a physical)...So they most certainly intend to see what he's got, and I'm sure they will indeed keep the best talent.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Yes, that's what I said. But he's had 15 starts over 2 seasons, and played in more than that. He also couldn't stay healthy when he was given starting roles. I certainly think that's sufficient to form opinions on what you can expect from him. And from what I saw, I don't expect much.

He actually played better at LT (still average at best) than RT (deficient) IMO, from a pass protection standpoint...But was terrible on both sides run blocking. Best case scenario is that he can be a backup in the NFL.

Also, he'll be in camp (If he can pass a physical)...So they most certainly intend to see what he's got, and I'm sure they will indeed keep the best talent.

I agree that he doesn't appear to be a world beater, but he has potential to be a good tackle IMO. I'd even like to see if he could do any work at guard.

For the first time in years, we may have hard decisions to make on the O Line, come cut time. I'm just not sure I like Brown, or Legurski making the team just because their listed as a guard.

Good to finally hear from him that he will be back this year and back problems are gone. Still had or has an undisclosed apparently life threatening condition that appears to have been dealt with. That's his business. Just happy he's back and know we kinda know what's up

Good to finally hear from him that he will be back this year and back problems are gone. Still had or has an undisclosed apparently life threatening condition l that appears to have been dealt with. That's his business. Just happy he's back and know we kinda know what's up

Really? Did not know that.

Good to finally hear from him that he will be back this year and back problems are gone. Still had or has an undisclosed apparently life threatening condition that appears to have been dealt with. That's his business. Just happy he's back and know we kinda know what's up

say what?

Actually the Buffalo News article today seemed to indicate exactly that, with Hairson claiming he "faced his own mortality"

Yep read the same thing today and was shocked. I am now re thinking this whole thing.

I mean i thought Chris was pretty damned good and hell could play both Left AND Right decently or better.

My issue was the undisclosed illness and how it has been handled.

That article was really an eye opener. He also spoke about how great the training and medical staf have been helping him and his back issue plus the persoanl ailment. Another super quiet good karma move by the Bills looking after this kid :thumbsup:

Hope some one can link it asap because its a game changer i think.

Now i am officlally rooting for him here.

Go Chris Hairston !

But he has an uphill climb getting the rust off and the conditioning on.

Edited by 3rdand12