WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

Steve johnson is gone. Graham is my worry .

maybe under Moore he will get it together.

Hillard might have been less of a coach then i thought he would be. the receivers in general struggled .

Steve johnson is gone. Graham is my worry .

maybe under Moore he will get it together.

Hillard might have been less of a coach then i thought he would be. the receivers in general struggled .

ps and pardon me . this is a stevie thread.

back to your regular program

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ Graham is ALWAYS open, incredibly open in fact, a ridiculous amount of plays. He can surely run a route and separate.

Unfortunately, he just can't catch or hang onto the ball.

That's not entirely accurate. He has never been hit in stride the way Goodwin has. I prefer Goodwin also but Graham takes far too much abuse here. He's not bad as a deep threat. The problem is the qbs suck.

Edited by QB Bills

Stevie Johnsons facebook page looks like he has already hit the field hard with training. He can't slack off like he did with the Bills. The 49ers won't accept that. I still wish we could of kept him one last year and then traded him after he had what could of been a rebound season.

Stevie Johnsons facebook page looks like he has already hit the field hard with training. He can't slack off like he did with the Bills. The 49ers won't accept that. I still wish we could of kept him one last year and then traded him after he had what could of been a rebound season.

He didn't slack off with the Bills. Sick of people just throwing bull **** out about the guy now that he's gone. He always worked hard and was there for workouts...

He didn't slack off with the Bills. Sick of people just throwing bull **** out about the guy now that he's gone. He always worked hard and was there for workouts...

Oh really? I've worked out 5 days a week for the last 2 and a half years and I am not even in professional sports. To be the best you can possibly be you need to train harder than the next guy. He could of been so much better had he actually trained during the off season. Might have prevented all his groin injuries.

http://www.buffaloru...s-buffalo-bills

Edited by Awwufelloff

Anddddd? He was always at the Bills workouts. This is referencing what he was doing when there were no workouts going on with the team.

He never "worked out" the way a lot of guys did, but he always kept himself in very good shape, obviously.

Him being at the 49ers workouts is nothing new. Stop trying to spin it to be that.

Anddddd? He was always at the Bills workouts. This is referencing what he was doing when there were no workouts going on with the team.

He never "worked out" the way a lot of guys did, but he always kept himself in very good shape, obviously.

Him being at the 49ers workouts is nothing new. Stop trying to spin it to be that.

Not spinning anything. An organization like 49ers requires nothing but excellence. If your not up to par and doing the best you can in the off season and at team workouts your not trying hard enough. The 49ers organization won't let people not train in the off season, because if you don't you won't make the team because of how much talent they have. I have a Stevie Jersey and he was one of my favorite bills the last 5 years, nothing against him but he had many issues.

Edited by Awwufelloff

TJ Graham is ALWAYS open, incredibly open in fact, a ridiculous amount of plays. He can surely run a route and separate.

Featherstone in Necessary Roughness was always open too. Doesn't mean anything if he can't catch it or his QBs can't get it to him. Just saying.

That's not entirely accurate. He has never been hit in stride the way Goodwin has. I prefer Goodwin also but Graham takes far too much abuse here. He's not bad as a deep threat. The problem is the qbs suck.

Actually, in practice, preseason and the regular season especially, for a rookie track star, Goodwin showed a tremendous ability to track the ball in the air and run under it at top speed. TJ Graham showed zero ability to do the same.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Yes, Marrone has given every impression of a coach that accepts players slacking off. Good post.

You think it may be due to him always being in the wrong spot? That may explain why he's open but useless?

I get your point, and it raised a question. Do you think there were players that improved dramatically from Gailey to Marrone? Just curious on your take...

That is a good question. On offense, the overall production seemed to go down (particularly the passing game), but with all of the QB issues that was to be expected. Cordy Glenn got better, but is that just a 1st to 2nd year thing? On defense, certainly McKelvin improved dramatically. Aaron Williams improved dramatically. In both of those instances I think coaching played a huge role.

I don't think Gailey put up with any "slacking off" either, by the way. The original post to which I responded was, well, not the most enlightened of efforts.

Edited by eball

That is a good question. On offense, the overall production seemed to go down (particularly the passing game), but with all of the QB issues that was to be expected. Cordy Glenn got better, but is that just a 1st to 2nd year thing? On defense, certainly McKelvin improved dramatically. Aaron Williams improved dramatically. In both of those instances I think coaching played a huge role.

I don't think Gailey put up with any "slacking off" either, by the way. The original post to which I responded was, well, not the most enlightened of efforts.

I get your point, and it raised a question. Do you think there were players that improved dramatically from Gailey to Marrone? Just curious on your take...

Lest we forget the ****-canning of last year's wide receivers coach.

Freddy stayed about the same, but Spiller regressed tremendously. And if the all-22 analyses of 2013 are to be believed, it's nobody's fault but his.

I know this isn't a thread about the below, but it's an interesting question, so I'm going to answer it here.

Offense

No one

Defense

Aaron Williams

Dareus

Branch

McKelvin

Special Teams

Marcus Easley

Opinion: Our offense was more conservative with our read-and-react play designs that diminished the play-design advantages we had under Gailey, but reduced the amount savvy coaches like Belicheck could take advantage of predictable play-calls etc.. This might have been what we needed to help a new QB, but I thought it was much more boring. Credit: ? no one?

Our defensive plays benefited from more aggressive high-risk/high-reward play calls. While our results were mixed, this was much more entertaining! McKelvin and Williams looked comfortable for the first time I remember seeing. Credit: DB coach, Pettine

Special Teams - Looked bad. Easley was the lone bright spot in a disappointing unit. Credit: Marcus Easley

Oh really? I've worked out 5 days a week for the last 2 and a half years and I am not even in professional sports. To be the best you can possibly be you need to train harder than the next guy. He could of been so much better had he actually trained during the off season. Might have prevented all his groin injuries.

http://www.buffaloru...s-buffalo-bills

He was a seventh round draft pick and was not handed anything and not given anywhere near the rope high picks get. To say he's not a hard worker is not only false, but completely dismissive and foolish.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people don't have anything but love for the guy. Classic underdog story. Loved the fun vacuum named buffalo and it's fans. He was nothing but positive his whole time here. Is it the tattoos? The fact he raps? It can't just be that he dropped that ball against the Steelers right? The one that would have got us to 4-12 instead of 3-13?

He was a seventh round draft pick and was not handed anything and not given anywhere near the rope high picks get. To say he's not a hard worker is not only false, but completely dismissive and foolish.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people don't have anything but love for the guy. Classic underdog story. Loved the fun vacuum named buffalo and it's fans. He was nothing but positive his whole time here. Is it the tattoos? The fact he raps? It can't just be that he dropped that ball against the Steelers right? The one that would have got us to 4-12 instead of 3-13?

It's funny how Johnson supporters (love that pun) pick one of many incidents, then treat it as if it were singular in order to build a strawman against those who were weary of Johnson's numerous mistakes.