WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

I have read what Sullivan and others have said about Stevie. In Sullivan's article, he never really said anything specific, but made it sound like Stevie is a horrible human being. Others here seem to have the same view.

Maybe I am missing something. What exactly has Stevie done to wear out his welcome so thoroughly with the Bills, Buffalo media, and some fans?

I am asking this as an honest question. To me, Stevie just seemed like a character, and I had no problem having him on the team. Yeah, he dropped a couple of passes - BUT which receiver hasn't.

Again, I am just curious about what makes Stevie a guy you have to get rid of, but M. Williams (and others) a guy you trade for or draft?

Look, what i can say is this, coaches and GM's have much more access to Stevie then we do. They watch Stevie's behavior in places we are not allowed to see. They did not want Stevie around Watkins.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, what i can say is this, coaches and GM's have much more access to Stevie then we do. They watch Stevie's behavior in places we are not allowed to see. They did not want Stevie around Watkins.

I am just curious about what all this is about? How much worse can it be than someone (Bryce Brown) quitting on two teams (Tennessee and K State), for example?

I have read what Sullivan and others have said about Stevie. In Sullivan's article, he never really said anything specific, but made it sound like Stevie is a horrible human being. Others here seem to have the same view.

Maybe I am missing something. What exactly has Stevie done to wear out his welcome so thoroughly with the Bills, Buffalo media, and some fans?

I am asking this as an honest question. To me, Stevie just seemed like a character, and I had no problem having him on the team. Yeah, he dropped a couple of passes - BUT which receiver hasn't.

Again, I am just curious about what makes Stevie a guy you have to get rid of, but M. Williams (and others) a guy you trade for or draft?

I don't care to drudge up this argument, but I was shocked at how many here just completely dismissed Workoutgate (yeah, that's right).

The substance and the tone of that statement were alarming to me--coming from a professional athlete, coming from one who thought he was a leader.

Meanwhile, Earl Thomas is giving his team mates grief for not beginning their offseason workout regimens the week after the Super Bowl.

I am just curious about what all this is about? How much worse can it be than someone (Bryce Brown) quitting on two teams (Tennessee and K State), for example?

With some people it's death by a million paper cuts. Sure, may be Stevie never had one severe behind-the-scenes meltdown, but that doesn't mean he wasn't consistently a pain in someone's ass. Speculation, of course. But speculation based on the murmurs of insiders and what we've observed/interpreted here many, many times.

He'll do fine in San Francisco, because he will never get close to being one of their top wideouts. Probably mostly in the slot and maybe a backup there. He'll be a great talent at that spot on the depth chart and have a good chance to make plays when he gets the opportunity- he better hold onto the ball

He wore funny t-shirts which pierced the thin skin of Greggo Marrone. Our coach has values which can rehabilitate the likes of Da'Rick and the new MIA OT and M Williams...............until they actually get here. On paper Aaron Hernandez is our TE and building homes for the poor every day because of how Greggo Marrone healed him. In reality, Stevie cracked a joke and he is gone. In reality Ike Hilliard wanted to win and he is gone. In reality Yesman Crossman does what the HC says while LeGarette Blount does a dance in the end zone and he stays. In reality Greggo Marrone will be gone come January. I like Whaley and hope he hangs on and hires a better coach. With the talent he has assembled, Lindy Ruff could get 9 wins out of this team as he learned about football.

Bills brass does not know anything about that. They do however know first hand the type of player and person Stevie is. The Bills felt it was best to move on. Better for the Bills and Stevie.

Now i do not want to say Stevie is a bad person, i do however think you can not have a guy be a leader who is anti-clutch. Stevie wanted to talk and be a leader, but it just did not translate into game deciding moments on the field. It is a shame, maybe it will change for him in SF.

His 'antics' never bothered me. Dude just wasn't clutch at all though, and if this team finally did get their act together & made the playoffs, I could've seen him pulling a Ronnie Harmon/Lee Evans (or even worse) at the end of a really big game. Edited by Rico

Its been said and affirmed more than once . Put a player in new surroundings and he might well hit his potential. Stevie might have been sick and tired of losing.

I know i am . It showed last year.

I believe in my heart he wanted to be traded . I wish him the best . After his Mom passed , maybe getting a new view on the world will go along ways.

I never ever thought he was a bad guy at all and i liked him on the team. But he had no surrounding cast.

Just like to wish him well , again.

Like dougie said good for him good for us. We should leave it at that.

ps i will be rooting for him and keeping an eye peeled .

Now about that TJ Graham character ?

He will be up next. Another one trick pony. At least Lee Evans was good at that. This guy can neither run a route or go up and get a ball.

TJ Graham is ALWAYS open, incredibly open in fact, a ridiculous amount of plays. He can surely run a route and separate.

Unfortunately, he just can't catch or hang onto the ball.

TJ Graham is ALWAYS open, incredibly open in fact, a ridiculous amount of plays. He can surely run a route and separate.

Unfortunately, he just can't catch or hang onto the ball.

So what do the Bills do with him ? Use him as bait on fly routes ?

So what do the Bills do with him ? Use him as bait on fly routes ?

I really don't know. I absolutely hated him last year, but he really was open, wide open, all the time. Maybe, MAYBE, they give him one more shot. If we can afford to keep six WR, including Easley. I hate to say this, but I would rather have TJ graham than Chris Hogan.

Maybe a guy like Elliott or Barden will step up and surprise us and make the decision easier. But if not, maybe we give TJ one more shot. He has decent hands. He has football skills. Sometimes, not always but sometimes, the dropsies can be reversed. It could be just a concentration thing or a nerves thing that will lessen or disappear. Chances are, he just doesn't have the cojones to play WR in the NFL regular season because he constantly craps the bed.

I really don't know. I absolutely hated him last year, but he really was open, wide open, all the time. Maybe, MAYBE, they give him one more shot. If we can afford to keep six WR, including Easley. I hate to say this, but I would rather have TJ graham than Chris Hogan.

Maybe a guy like Elliott or Barden will step up and surprise us and make the decision easier. But if not, maybe we give TJ one more shot. He has decent hands. He has football skills. Sometimes, not always but sometimes, the dropsies can be reversed. It could be just a concentration thing or a nerves thing that will lessen or disappear. Chances are, he just doesn't have the cojones to play WR in the NFL regular season because he constantly craps the bed.

Graham is useless.

I used to play sports with a guy like this. He could run all day and get wide open, but was totally useless. He would out-run the QBs arm, or have such poor body control that he couldn't catch the most basic passes. He was fast and athletic, but at the same time lacked any football awareness.

I strongly disagree. I think we should cut TJ. Sooner the better. He does NOT have good hands at all. Can't catch with jumping and then still can't pull it in. Cut him now and give others more reps.

For starters, many WRs are premadonnas. Stevie is no exception. I don't think he is a bad person. But, I think the penalties grew thin. But, what threw things over the edge for some Bills fans regarding Stevie's character was his inability to take ownership and responsibility for his errors and press conferences. Stevie like the props but would never take the blame. For example, the fumble in the Atlanta game when Stevie said in the post game presser that the defender just made a really good play on him instead of saying I didn't secure the ball.

Stevie needs to point the thumbs and not the fingers when you are suppose to be the man.