If character means something we just hit a home run

You're not concerned that he had a slump after finding success and also got arrested?

Little known fact: after the arrest his parents moved up to Clemson and he stayed with them for the remainder of his college career. never had an incident after that.

You're not concerned that he had a slump after finding success and also got arrested?

On GR this morning he said (paraphrasing) that after having some success he got cocky and lazy. He stopped doing the things that got him to where he was. After reflecting on it, he realized a couple of areas where he needed to focus to get back to where he wanted to be and credited that experience for making him the player and man he is today.

So he messed up, learned from it, and grew. It's not atypical for 20 year old college kid. See: Alonso, Kiko.

Not in the least. Indeed, it was the way he responded to that event that impressed me most about him. He owned it from the start (even the cops were impressed) and he humbled himself before his family and coaches. And he rededicated himself to his team and sport. There was a great article about him in the 4/28 S.I. magazine. He's cut from a different cloth.

GO BILLS!!!

He has fully taken responsibility for going off the rails, said he "got lazy," and seems to have learned from his errors. Isn't that really what "character" means, that we learn from our mistakes, take responsibility, and become a more mature person?

On GR this morning he said (paraphrasing) that after having some success he got cocky and lazy. He stopped doing the things that got him to where he was. After reflecting on it, he realized a couple of areas where he needed to focus to get back to where he wanted to be and credited that experience for making him the player and man he is today.

So he messed up, learned from it, and grew. It's not atypical for 20 year old college kid. See: Alonso, Kiko.

Jup, I'll even go farther, I'd rather have them get in trouble in college (isnt that what college is far anyway) and learn from it than to be knocking over pedestrians with their SUV or claiming to be worth millions etc...

Kinda' seems like a blessing in disguise that it happened early in his career and he's had time to correct it. The guy realizes his mistakes, learned from it and says it will never happen again. I actually believe him.