It's not my son's fault that's he's a sex offender

As with most things, what started out as a good idea has been taken too far.

Slapping a 'sex offender' label on a guy for taking a leak in public is absurd and reduces the impact for those who are actually sex offenders.

As with most things, what started out as a good idea has been taken too far.

Slapping a 'sex offender' label on a guy for taking a leak in public is absurd and reduces the impact for those who are actually sex offenders.

This.

It's become such a blanket for anything even remotely "sexual" to label someone as an offender. I went into this article thinking it was someone whining without a valid reason, but after reading it, I've changed stances and agree with a lot of what she is fighting for.

This.

It's become such a blanket for anything even remotely "sexual" to label someone as an offender. I went into this article thinking it was someone whining without a valid reason, but after reading it, I've changed stances and agree with a lot of what she is fighting for.

I don't know enough details about her particular case to comment (though it sounds iffy at best), but clearly two teens having sex or someone getting drunk and running naked across the parking lot is a far cry from a first degree rape or a Penn State type deal. To paint them all with the same brush is gatorman-level retarded.

I don't know enough details about her particular case to comment (though it sounds iffy at best), but clearly two teens having sex or someone getting drunk and running naked across the parking lot is a far cry from a first degree rape or a Penn State type deal. To paint them all with the same brush is gatorman-level retarded.

Don't insult the little perverts.

A High School Junior, has sex with a 7th Grader.... there is a bug difference between Freshman and Junior for the most part, feels to me like the kid might be a litte !@#$ed up, whether he realizes it or not.

My buddy's brother got caught in a sting in FLA chatting with a teen age girl, explicitly. When she asked him to meet her, he said no, in fact he needed to end the interactin because it was inappriopraite. He was arrested, spent 250K in legals fees to keep him out of 2 years in prison, and now in on the registry and has 1 shot at getting off of it after 10 years. I thought the label was alittle harsh, too punitive, until my buddy shared more details about people who are like his brother, their specific issues, recitivism, etc.

I do believe one size fits all is crazy, but there seems to be alot more to lighter cases that most would believe.