Idiots

Beerball

I'd have never thought of that, but it's not surprising. Redwood burl is beautiful and expensive ($30/board-foot or thereabouts) and there for the taking from a big-ass, defenseless tree.

At least, defenseless until the !@#$er falls on you. Which will happen to some poacher. And I will laugh my ass off.

I'd have never thought of that, but it's not surprising. Redwood burl is beautiful and expensive ($30/board-foot or thereabouts) and there for the taking from a big-ass, defenseless tree.

At least, defenseless until the !@#$er falls on you. Which will happen to some poacher. And I will laugh my ass off.

This was the end result which happened in Iowa, in the Corps District I work out of. He was poaching a few years back on Corps property next to one of the rezs... He did a real mess and number to the black walnut trees. He was sentenced to 15 months and has to pay almot 60k in restitution. Would have been nice to see a tree fall on him. I at least hope the Corps and gov't got good market value for the cut wood... But he really did a number as you can see in the picture.

http://www.fws.gov/midwest/insider3/July13Story14.htm

EDIT: Not really totally "defenseless" if Mother Nature can just get the tree to fall right. ;-) ;-) Falling trees is one of the biggest cause of accidents/death w/the USACE... Along with proper training, they stress always safety when we have to go out an fall something...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois