Tom Petty Interview

PO'14

Thanks for sharing!

And wait... My mother had my First Communion picture (1976) done in oil. Ooops, I was also wearing a green leisure suit complete w/white stitching. Kinda a weird juxtapostioning of styles: Classic oil meets 70's subject. I gotta scan that baby in, I was pretty fly for a white guy! LoL...

In a career? He's about 10 short.

Wow! To not like his style and singing is one thing. To say he has only 1 good song in his 38 year career is just WRONG! American Girl, You don't know how it feels, Mary janes last dance, Running down a dream, Learning to fly, You wreck me, Don't come around here no more, Free Fallin, let alone travelin wilburys stuff. I rarely listen to these songs anymore. Hes got another 50 songs that are good and were never released as singles.

Wow! To not like his style and singing is one thing. To say he has only 1 good song in his 38 year career is just WRONG! American Girl, You don't know how it feels, Mary janes last dance, Running down a dream, Learning to fly, You wreck me, Don't come around here no more, Free Fallin, let alone travelin wilburys stuff. I rarely listen to these songs anymore. Hes got another 50 songs that are good and were never released as singles.

And you even forgot the big three from: Damn the Torpedoes! (1979)

Even the Losers

Refugee

Here Comes My Girl

Wow... That so old, I remember that on 8-track in my father's car. We've come a long way baby! LoL...

I forgot to mention Refugee, the Waiting, Breakdown, Shes a Woman in Love, I wont Back Down, Face in the Crowd, Jammin Me, You Got Lucky,

Then from the first two: I Need to Know, Listen to her heart...

Don't Do Me Like That (Damn the Torpedoes)...

Needles & Pins was in the 80's.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

American Girl, You don't know how it feels, Mary janes last dance, Running down a dream, Learning to fly, You wreck me, Don't come around here no more, Free Fallin,

Suck.

I was going to post "suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck." But let's be honest...they're all the same damn song.

let alone travelin wilburys stuff.

Yes, Tom Petty has a good song...when he's drowned out by George Harrison, Roy Orbison, and Bob Dylan.

Top 5 live song ever.

Especially from 8:30 minutes on.

Suck.

I was going to post "suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, suck." But let's be honest...they're all the same damn song.

Yes, Tom Petty has a good song...when he's drowned out by George Harrison, Roy Orbison, and Bob Dylan.

Pretty funny when Petty is the lead singer for most of Wilburys songs! Especially the better ones. But hey, I respect DC Tom . Petty has his sound, just like U2 and just like AC-DC.

Top 5 live song ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aogOR8c8Q4&list=RDTsmZ9dDPrTw Especially from 8:30 minutes on.

Pretty funny when Petty is the lead singer for most of Wilburys songs! Especially the better ones. But hey, I respect DC Tom . Petty has his sound, just like U2 and just like AC-DC.

Yes, Petty has his sound...and he milks it, song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song... :death:

And you even forgot the big three from: Damn the Torpedoes! (1979)

Even the Losers

Refugee

Here Comes My Girl

Wow... That so old, I remember that on 8-track in my father's car. We've come a long way baby! LoL...

I always queue that up in the event the Bills make a good draft pick.

Good album.

Yes, Petty has his sound...and he milks it, song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song after song... :death:

Please tell me what ACDC, U2, Rolling Stones, Coldplay etc.....DO SONG AFTER SONG AFTER SONG AFTER SONG?

I pretty much agree with this. There's three songs that are great and the rest are just OK. I hate Mary Jane. The three great ones are American Girl, The Waiting and Running Down a Dream.

He's got the hard rocking songs, which are pretty much all alike, and for me Mary Jane = Free Fallin = Learning to Fly

I pretty much agree with this. There's three songs that are great and the rest are just OK. I hate Mary Jane. The three great ones are American Girl, The Waiting and Running Down a Dream.

He's got the hard rocking songs, which are pretty much all alike, and for me Mary Jane = Free Fallin = Learning to Fly

Running Down a Dream is probably one of my least favs... Mary Jane and Free Falling are lower too. I put She's a Woman in Love up into the very top. Gonna sound soft, but I like Wildflowers... Even if it is nasally. And of course like KD said: Even the Losers.