[closed]Expect Bills to seek to trade up for WR/trade WR.

Pushing it back two weeks would be for television ratings during May Sweeps. The teams, pundits and fans all hate the idea, but that won't preclude the league from doing it in the name of increased revenues. That would be "hoggy/hoggish" and tone deaf IMO.

We moved the draft to accommodate teams that wanted more time to evaluate players, and give fans more time to enjoy the anticipation and speculation.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We moved the draft to accommodate teams that wanted more time to evaluate players, and give fans more time to enjoy the anticipation and speculation.

I agree commish. In fact, might I suggest having it really be draft "day" and instead of 10 minutes per team you make it 45 minutes (and require teams to take the full 45) to make it last the full 24 hours for the first round at least! Just imagine how many ads ESPN could sell in a 24 hour program!

Yes, but overall we would be subjected to 2.5 less weeks of idle trade talk. That would be a positive. Move the stupid draft back to April.

The trade off is that we would get 2.5 more weeks of why did we draft a CB/S/DT/RB/WR/QB/OT/LB/P/K/TE in the first?? We always blow our draft picks. I can't believe we passed up on so and so in the 2nd - he is a sure can't miss.I can't believe we took TJ in the 3rd instead of RW, can't wait to see who we get this year....

DW needs to be canned now; Brandon and the Trust are running the draft...blah

Is that a positive? :nana:

The 49ers gave up a 6th for a Anquan Boldin, who admittedly was older then than Stevie is now. I don't think their contracts were too much different either.

Trading up when you're more than 1 player away seems in a draft with evidently a great deal of talent seems like a desperate move. It'd be great to have Watkins, but all of it depends on the guy getting him and others the ball. There's no doubt that SW is a huge talent, but I'd rather they get one of the top 3 tackles and not mortgage the future.

TRUTH

The trade off is that we would get 2.5 more weeks of why did we draft a CB/S/DT/RB/WR/QB/OT/LB/P/K/TE in the first?? We always blow our draft picks. I can't believe we passed up on so and so in the 2nd - he is a sure can't miss.I can't believe we took TJ in the 3rd instead of RW, can't wait to see who we get this year....

DW needs to be canned now; Brandon and the Trust are running the draft...blah

Is that a positive? :nana:

Yeah, that Kelly guy was a bust! And he didn't even play for us for a few years as well!

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.