[closed]Expect Bills to seek to trade up for WR/trade WR.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 49ers gave up a 6th for a Anquan Boldin, who admittedly was older then than Stevie is now. I don't think their contracts were too much different either.

Trading up when you're more than 1 player away seems in a draft with evidently a great deal of talent seems like a desperate move. It'd be great to have Watkins, but all of it depends on the guy getting him and others the ball. There's no doubt that SW is a huge talent, but I'd rather they get one of the top 3 tackles and not mortgage the future.

The 49ers gave up a 6th for a Anquan Boldin, who admittedly was older then than Stevie is now. I don't think their contracts were too much different either.

Trading up when you're more than 1 player away seems in a draft with evidently a great deal of talent seems like a desperate move. It'd be great to have Watkins, but all of it depends on the guy getting him and others the ball. There's no doubt that SW is a huge talent, but I'd rather they get one of the top 3 tackles and not mortgage the future.

Disagree to an extent. Teams need star-caliber players. if you don't think a star is there at #9, you have to consider making the move. From what I've read, Watkins is as close to a sure thing as it gets.

Edited by dave mcbride

If Watkins is able to be obtained in the abovementioned scenario then it becomes very likely that the Bills would attempt to trade WR S. Johnson for a late R1 pick in the 2014 draft (or whatever they can get).

First round pick?? There is no way the Bills get anything more than a Day 3 pick for SJ.

The latest rumor, and it doesn't involve a WR: http://profootballta...o-no-1-or-no-2/

Quote: "Some think the Bills would be willing to dangle receiver Stevie Johnson as part of a trade package, but if the goal is (as it should be) to win now, it wouldn’t make sense to shuffle him out of Buffalo." I agree with this! Edited by YoloinOhio

This isn't just a rumor. The Bills are actively seeking to move up into the top 3 so that they can select Watkins. Now whether they are willing to give up the compensation that it takes to do so is something altogether different and that may preclude the deal from happening.

I would think that true Bills fans would want to know this information.

It's much more fun to B word and moan....I get that.

I don't buy the "the draft is pushed back, so now theres more speculation" argument on TBD. Pretty sure if the draft was two weeks ago, we would have just heard this rumor 2.5 weeks ago...

Yes, but overall we would be subjected to 2.5 less weeks of idle trade talk. That would be a positive. Move the stupid draft back to April.

Yes, but overall we would be subjected to 2.5 less weeks of idle trade talk. That would be a positive. Move the stupid draft back to April.

Let us hope that they do, but there is talk of the NFL pushing it back another two weeks. God I hope not!

NFL Network (I. Rappaport) and others are reporting just recently that the Bills are seriously seeking to trade up to #3 overall, which is where they feel they need to be to select WR Watkins because they believe that he has the size and explosive playmaking ability to make them a playoff team in 2014.

Their plan is to not give up the farm to make such a trade up, however, so whether that trade actually occurs is anyone's guess. Keep in mind that Detroit is hoping to be able to do the same.

If Watkins is able to be obtained in the abovementioned scenario then it becomes very likely that the Bills would attempt to trade WR S. Johnson for a late R1 pick in the 2014 draft (or whatever they can get).

The Bills would essentially be swapping Johnson for Watkins. They feel there is a great need for a big receiver who is technically "always open". They appear to be sick and tired of Johnson's antics. Adding Watkins would give the Bills this receiving group: Watkins/M. Williams/Woods/Goodwin/Graham plus Easley/Barden/Hogan/Kaufman.

Whether you like to hear about this stuff or not it's currently in the works. If nothing else, it gives you a lot of insight as to what the Bills view as their top priority in this draft. They would obviously prefer to acquire a playmaker at WR than at TE or using their R1 pick on an OT.

It's all designed to help Manuel realize his potential.

My guess is if the Bills are able to pull this off to acquire Watkins then they will select an OT with the next pick that they have available.

Lmfao they got a better chance of seeing God before they get a 1 for Stevie. If they were smart they would package him in the trade up to save a pick because they are already going to grossly overpay to move up.

I cant see them pushing the draft back another 2 weeks.

Everyone hates the way it was this year.

I cant imagine an extra 2 weeks

CBF

Pushing it back two weeks would be for television ratings during May Sweeps. The teams, pundits and fans all hate the idea, but that won't preclude the league from doing it in the name of increased revenues. That would be "hoggy/hoggish" and tone deaf IMO.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Except that Boldin only had 1 year remaining on his contract, Stevie still has 3. A team may be willing to give up a little more knowing they'll keep the player for more than 1 year. I still don't think we'd get more than a 3rd...no way we get a 1st.

Quote: "Some think the Bills would be willing to dangle receiver Stevie Johnson as part of a trade package, but if the goal is (as it should be) to win now, it wouldn’t make sense to shuffle him out of Buffalo." I agree with this!

IMO, the only way we trade Stevie is if it's to move up and draft a WR to replace him.

Man I can't wait until tomorrow night!!! So sick of all the speculation.