Firm Hired to Scout New Stadium Sites in Buffalo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok help me here. All I have heard since 1983' is Buffalo is a small market. The market can't support the Bills. Fans whine and B word every time ticket costs go up even though they are consistently the lowest or near lowest in the NFL. Can't sell all the Luxury suites and what we do sell has to be much less than other stadiums.

So how the hell is the County and fans going to afford a new stadium? What do you guys think the seats will cost for this? And if the county and state have it so bad, how the hell are they going to finance this stadium without sticking hard to the tax payers? What about PSL's? I can't imagine fans being able to afford those and that has been one of the main ways to fund stadiums since Carolina built theirs.

Its all good to talk about but the reality says It can't and even more so, shouldn't happen.

Ok help me here. All I have heard since 1983' is Buffalo is a small market. The market can't support the Bills. Fans whine and B word every time ticket costs go up even though they are consistently the lowest or near lowest in the NFL. Can't sell all the Luxury suites and what we do sell has to be much less than other stadiums.

So how the hell is the County and fans going to afford a new stadium? What do you guys think the seats will cost for this? And if the county and state have it so bad, how the hell are they going to finance this stadium without sticking hard to the tax payers? What about PSL's? I can't imagine fans being able to afford those and that has been one of the main ways to fund stadiums since Carolina built theirs.

Its all good to talk about but the reality says It can't and even more so, shouldn't happen.

Yeesh, you're brutal. Maybe don't try so hard to take a negative stance on every single topic.

The key is the selling of luxury boxes at high prices to Corporations, Buffalo does not have that corporate base but Toronto does - thats why odds are this whole show moves as close to those corporate buyers as possible and that's the Niagara Falls site.

Oh it's happening or you're not paying attention.

Oh it's happening or you're not paying attention.

man-with-ears-plugged-eyes-closed-holding-breath.jpg

And by the way...real estate in Buffalo is taking off: http://www.trendingb...tting-goldmine/

And read this too: http://www.metropolismag.com/Point-of-View/May-2014/To-Prosper-in-the-21st-Century-Buffalo-Shines-the-Spotlight-on-Past-Architectural-Triumphs/

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Buffalo itself is a small market, hence the regionalization of the franchise to Southern Ontario and Rochester Regions.

New York State will be the largest contributor to funding of a new stadium, thereby not limiting it strictly to Erie County Taxpayers.

A domed stadium in combination with a new convention center that could be used year round, is one possible way to make a new complex more economically feasible.

In terms of the PSLs, I believe this is where the Buffalo Fan Alliance comes into play. The BFA would be able to loan the new owners money towards the building of a new stadium, that would offset the need for PSLs or at least make the amount charged much less.

That was a great read. To see that they were involved in the Lambeau renovation should be good news for the "update RWS" crowd, as it could be possible for them to recommend that.

They're starting Monday? And they want the reports finished in under 2 months? Dang, this thing might be moving even faster than anybody here thought.

I predict the four site finalists will be (in no order) 1) The Falls 2) Downtown/Harbor 3) UB Amherst Campus area 4) Current site.

My thoughts exactly. Each would be interesting in its own way.

Here's the real deal:

NYS cannot afford to lose their last and only football team. The State will do whatever it takes.

The NFL cannot displace a team with the most ardent fan base without looking like a bunch of shills.

There is enough big money in Buffalo and NY to compete with the out of state money.

The move to regionalize the Bills was brilliant because:

(1) Toronto deserves a franchise. The NFL is creaming in their pants to be international. Toronto will go first. The Bills marketing rights when TO is awarded a franchise will cost the Toronto franchise $400M all paid to the Buffalo. The real cost to stay in Buffalo will be offset by this in a couple of years.

The Browns move to Baltimore and the Colts move to Indy gave the NFL a black eye. They don't want another.

Toronto could turn into another FLA/LA team, with no fans at the games. The NFL can't take that chance.

This really isn't about market size, its about perception.

All things being equal or close to equal, Mary Wilson and the board would want the team to stay.

In the end it is our fans that are in the driver's seat.

Honest question- do you want the Bills to stay in Buffalo or not?

(1) Toronto deserves a franchise.

What exactly has Toronto done to "deserve" a franchise? I can certainly understand why the NFL might want a franchise in Canada and Toronto makes sense, but why do they deserve a team? The fan base at the Bills home games seem largely dis-interested at best. The loyal fans in Buffalo are the ones who deserve a team, and not just any team, but one that is willing and able to become relevant in the league once again.

The only reality here:

you've packaged opinion, and a small bit of reasoned analysis, and stamped "Fact" on that package.

:lol: In the immortal words of Tommy Boy, "Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will."

The other reality here? When anyone talks about stadium, ownership, etc., and classifies that as "reality"? They are doing it wrong. They are merely making a bet. There are plenty of posters who would take the other side of your bet. Neither side of a bet reflects "reality". Otherwise, no one would take the bet.

It merely reflects: opinion. Reasoned opinion? Perhaps, but still: opinion. If you win your bet? You weren't being "realistic". You were being "lucky".