Mike Mayock's Top 100

Here is Mike Mayock's top 100 hot off the press.

http://www.nfl.com/n...p-100-prospects

Interesting...

I've always felt Mayock adjusts his rankings based on what he hears as much as what he sees...He's got 2 QB's in the top 15 (Manziel at #10, and Bortles at #15)...QB's generally get over Drafted...So I think there is still at least a decent chance two go in the top 8...And that's good for the Bills... B-)

Interesting...

I've always felt Mayock adjusts his rankings based on what he hears as much as what he sees...He's got 2 QB's in the top 15 (Manziel at #10, and Bortles at #15)...QB's generally get over Drafted...So I think there is still at least a decent chance two go in the top 8...And that's good for the Bills... B-)

I think this list is Mayock's ranking alone. The guy puts in a lot of time evaluating these players and I don't think there's any outside influences going on. If there were, he would not have put Ebron at #8. A spot which very few here other than probably me and a few others would rank him.

The QBs may or may not go higher than expected. Guessing where they'll go is a total crapshoot that no one has perfected. Last year and 2011 just go to show the wide range of what can happen. I think 2011 was long enough ago that owners and GMs won't be as spooked by the Gabbert, Ponder, Locker bummerfest of QB picks from that year. My hunch is that at least two QBs will go before the Bills pick.

Edited by 1billsfan

The Zack Martin rise has me seriously concerned and I don't like seeing him in the ninth spot even if this is just a ranking

I've had Mathews and Ebron at the top of my list for awhile now

Edited by Max997

The Zack Martin rise has me seriously concerned and I don't like seeing him in the ninth spot even if this is just a ranking

Don't worry, neither Zack Martin or Taylor Lewan were brought in for workouts so I think it's safe to say that neither of them are going to be drafted by the Bills. Robinson wasn't brought in either, but I think that's because they know either he'll be gone by #2, or if he did fall to say the Raiders #5 pick, the Bills would have no intention of trading up a couple of spots and lose a high pick for an OT. I suspect Lewan isn't even on the Bills' board because they fear he's an Incognito clone.

Interesting latest list by him. Its getting hot in the kitchen .

Interesting...

We can only hope at this point

I think this list is Mayock's ranking alone. The guy puts in a lot of time evaluating these players and I don't think there's any outside influences going on. If there were, he would not have put Ebron at #8. A spot which very few here other than probably me and a few others would rank him.

The QBs may or may not go higher than expected. Guessing where they'll go is a total crapshoot that no one has perfected. Last year and 2011 just go to show the wide range of what can happen. I think 2011 was long enough ago that owners and GMs won't be as spooked by the Gabbert, Ponder, Locker bummerfest of QB picks from that year. My hunch is that at least two QBs will go before the Bills pick.

First let me say no one is a bigger Mayock fan than I am...I've been enjoying the guy since his first day on NFL Network and I think he's the best at what he does...

Lets see if I can clarify...Of course it's his list alone...I'm not saying anyone else wrote it...But I feel he slides players up and down based a lot on what he hears out there from people he knows and trusts...which are many...He has his opinion...He hears something...He goes back and looks at more film...He adjusts...He hears a player will not get past a team...He goes back and looks again...He adjusts...He hears a player is sliding back...He goes back...Looks at more...Adjusts...

And...Plenty of people have Ebron ranked high...Greg Gabriel has him #7 overall...Great Blue North has him #11...I just glanced at NFL.com and 5 out of the 8 Mock Drafts posted by the "experts" have Ebron going to Buffalo at #9...Ebron is generally liked and some even feel he is the next big thing at TE...It's actually his detractors who are in the clear minority... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Why would you be "concerned?" If Marrone takes him at #9, I'll assume ZM is worth the pick.

Why would you be "concerned?" If Marrone takes him at #9, I'll assume ZM is worth the pick.

You mean if Whaley takes him at 9

I didn't think that really needed to be explained but he is a late riser and as anyone who has paid attention to the draft over the years knows the late risers never live up to where they were drafted. Martin was projected as a second round pick and now may go top ten...like I said I'm concerned especially with the thought of using the ninth pick on the 4th best tackle in the draft

Edited by Max997

Don't worry, neither Zack Martin or Taylor Lewan were brought in for workouts so I think it's safe to say that neither of them are going to be drafted by the Bills. Robinson wasn't brought in either, but I think that's because they know either he'll be gone by #2, or if he did fall to say the Raiders #5 pick, the Bills would have no intention of trading up a couple of spots and lose a high pick for an OT. I suspect Lewan isn't even on the Bills' board because they fear he's an Incognito clone.

Martin visited Buffalo on 4/23...

First let me say no one is a bigger Mayock fan than I am...I've been enjoying the guy since his first day on NFL Network and I think he's the best at what he does...

Lets see if I can clarify...Of course it's his list alone...I'm not saying anyone else wrote it...But I feel he slides players up and down based a lot on what he hears out there from people he knows and trusts...which are many...He has his opinion...He hears something...He goes back and looks at more film...He adjusts...He hears a player will not get past a team...He goes back and looks again...He adjusts...He hears a player is sliding back...He goes back...Looks at more...Adjusts...

And...Plenty of people have Ebron ranked high...Greg Gabriel has him #7 overall...Great Blue North has him #11...I just glanced at NFL.com and 5 out of the 8 Mock Drafts posted by the "experts" have Ebron going to Buffalo at #9...Ebron is generally liked and some even feel he is the next big thing at TE...It's actually his detractors who are in the clear minority... B-)

I just don't get it. Ebron is a big wideout who sometimes lines up next to the tackle. He is a poor blocker, indifferent route runner, drops some balls, is not a red-zone target and is way overrated. I think that every once in a while, there are NFL fad's that break out. A few similar players at a position play good due to a combination of being good, having a temporary mismatch, and having some teams take advantage of those for a couple of years. By the time this "new" thing is noted, it also starts to fade as other teams compensate and other teams unsuccessfully try to find clones to play the "new" technique. Ebron is a very incomplete player and we need to fill holes at DE, OT and LB much more than wasting resources by chasing the latest fad. Edited by maryland-bills-fan