Koshinski

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does it say that they won't?

It's more than just the money....

When the time comes to weigh the respective offers the appointed trustees must not only consider the monetary value of the bid, but also the likelihood that the new owner would receive approval by the NFL and the required 24 votes by the NFL owners

Did anyone really believe the "auctioned off to the highest bidder" thing anyway? Really?

I hate to break the news to you, but that's basically what this is, if the report is correct. The high bidder just needs to have his finances in order such that he is likely to be approved by the other owners--and of course he should not have any Sterling-esque skeletons in his personal closet.

I hate to break the news to you, but that's basically what this is, if the report is correct. The high bidder just needs to have his finances in order such that he is likely to be approved by the other owners--and of course he should not have any Sterling-esque skeletons in his personal closet.

Not at all. The panel will choose who gets the team. It won't be a matter of most dollars.

http://www.allsportswny.com/perspective-buffalo-bills-owner-needs-3-trustee-votes-for-winning-bid/

All Sports WNY has learned that a four member voting trust was created by Ralph Wilson before his passing and that group will ultimately decide who has submitted the winning bid to purchase the Buffalo Bills. The four voting trustees are Mary Wilson, Ralph Wilson’s widow, Jeff Littman, Bills CFO and Treasurer of the Ralph Wilson Equity Fund, Mary Owen, Executive Vice President of Strategic Planning at the Buffalo Bills and Attorney Eugene Driker.

When the final bids are evaluated the new owner must receive at least three of the four votes from the trustees appointed to approve the purchase.

These four individuals, Mary Wilson, Jeff Littman, Mary Owen, who is also Mary Wilson’s niece and Eugene Driker make up the Board for the Ralph Wilson Foundation as well and represent a good cross section of family, football and business from the world of Ralph C. Wilson Jr.

When the time comes to weigh the respective offers the appointed trustees must not only consider the monetary value of the bid, but also the likelihood that the new owner would receive approval by the NFL and the required 24 votes by the NFL owners. The process is expected to be completed by the summer with a vote by the NFL owners possibly coming at their October meetings.

I just skimmed this and read it as Ralph Wilson's widow Jeffery littman.

It goes to the highest bidder who garners a 3/4 vote from among the four on the panel.

That is not the same as going to the highest bidder.

GO BILLS!!!

This is BIG NEWS and very positive for the Bills staying in WNY. My biggest fear from the start was that the process would be a set of sealed bids and the highest bidder would be chosen. The fact that this 4-person group was selected means the process will include some judgment, emotion and thought, beyond PRICE. The fact that these 4 (at least 3, I assume the lawyer) all knew Ralph very well. They would all know Ralph hated when teams relocated and that he would want them to stay in Buffalo. In my opinion, if a local group comes remotely close to an outside group in terms of dollars, these individuals will award team to the local group. OP, any chance you can rename this thread so other posters don't pass by this ? maybe "4 member trust to decide Bills new owner"

The next time I have some news to share I am going to be very vague and hide it in a thread with a random Polish sounding name and proceed to ridicule those who don't know exactly what the hell im talking about. I can't wait.

Edited by FluffHead

The next time I have some news to share I am going to be very vague and hide it in a thread with a random Polish sounding name and proceed to ridicule those who don't know exactly what the hell im talking about. I can't wait.

Kowalski: Ralph is cheap, SFDWTT.

You could use a Thai name and maybe no one would open it (because they are really long and hard to pronounce).

Kielbasa!

I think we've stumbled upon another TBD term "to Koshinski" -- to have breaking news and hide it -- or the opposite of CNN which has no news and calls it breaking news

I think we've stumbled upon another TBD term "to Koshinski" -- to have breaking news and hide it -- or the opposite of CNN which has no news and calls it breaking news

It's like the opposite of a Belinda.

People think this thread was rough... Can you imagine pulling a Koshinski in PPP?