Drastically over valued players in this years draft -

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: Tell that to the Duke defense that he torched in the Bowl game without Evans making any big plays. Johnny Football brought them back, almost single handedly, from a 38-14 halftime deficit for a crazy 52-48 win. They both complimented each other on the field, but both are surely talented enough to make it in the NFL and worthy of Top 10 1st Round selections.

I have to agree with C.Biscuit97 on this one.

Duke? Really? You act like that's some major accomplishment.

Duke played 14 games last year. Of those 14, Duke held the other team to under 300 yards exactly 3 times.

6 teams scored 30 or more points against Duke.

Troy (frigging TROY!) put up 31 points and 362 yards against Duke.

Pittsburgh: 58 points and 598 yards.

Duke's football team scares nobody.

I have to agree with C.Biscuit97 on this one.

Duke? Really? You act like that's some major accomplishment.

Duke played 14 games last year. Of those 14, Duke held the other team to under 300 yards exactly 3 times.

6 teams scored 30 or more points against Duke.

Troy (frigging TROY!) put up 31 points and 362 yards against Duke.

Pittsburgh: 58 points and 598 yards.

Duke's football team scares nobody.

I get it...no one is particularly impressed with a QB having a good game against Duke. If I remember correctly, however, he also had an incredible game vs Alabama, right? Something like 500 yards passing, 5 TD's, nearly 100 yards rushing.

How's Bama's defense? Just sayin...

If you ask me Mike Evans made Johnny football look good...not the other way around.

I could definately live with Mike Evans at 9

I'm in that camp too. Otherwise I'm pretty much in agreement with the original poster. Lattimer I like a lot, but first round would be a reach. Thing is I think what's bumping him up is the number of teams who have brought him in for visits. All were probably thinking "if he is still there in the 3rd we will take him" all of a sudden people are thinking "he probably doesn't last that long we need to take him sooner." I still think he goes in the 2nd.

I get it...no one is particularly impressed with a QB having a good game against Duke. If I remember correctly, however, he also had an incredible game vs Alabama, right? Something like 500 yards passing, 5 TD's, nearly 100 yards rushing.

I think that the point that was being made (but since has gotten lost) is that Johnny brought them back against "that powerhouse" Duke even though Evans struggled.

If you ask me Mike Evans made Johnny football look good...not the other way around.

I could definately live with Mike Evans at 9

I'm more of the opinion that they made each other look good because they were both very good College football players...I'm not really sure why it has to be one way or the other...They were both stars on a very good College Offense...They also had some very good Offensive lineman over these past two years that helped out... B-)

Fixed it for you.

Without Evans, Johnnie Football is not a potential first rounder, IMHO.

THIS ^^^^^^ Johnnie Football owes a lot of thank you's to people making him even in the discussion as a first round QB.

1. Russell Wilson - if not for his success, Manziel would be graded out as a 2nd-3rd round pick due to his size.

2. Mike Evans - If you watch a highlight reel of either him or Manziel, what you see is Culpepper to Moss all over again. Culpepper was bailed out time after time just throwing the ball up to his guy who could go get it. Evans made so many things happen that a lesser WR would not have.

3. That OL - Rare is a college QB surrounded by so much OL talent.

Manziel may hit big or may not hit big in the NFL...but for me, he is at best a 2nd round grade prospect and maybe even a 3rd.

Has anybody mentioned a tight end who can't block, is just so-so on running patterns and isn't a red-zone target-even in college? We don't need a big slow heavy wide-out who sometimes lines up next to a tackle.

You forgot to mention he drops a load of balls as well.

I'm more of the opinion that they made each other look good because they were both very good College football players...I'm not really sure why it has to be one way or the other...They were both stars on a very good College Offense...They also had some very good Offensive lineman over these past two years that helped out... B-)

Yep and a great scheme Edited by Kirby Jackson

Finally getting some research time in, comparing mocks with players and, if it shakes out as everyone thinks, the following players are going to be taken way too early:

* Any QB taken in the top 25 - Bridgewater is the only reasonably ready to play in the NFL

* Anthony Barr - at best, late 2nd round development player

* Eric Ebron - Not a top 25 guy. Better athlete than football player

* Zack Martin - As a Tackle no way - as a Guard, OK

* Cody Lattimer - too raw for round 1.

* Mike Evans - In a real NFL offense, too limited for a top 10 pick. Should thank Johnnie Football...

* Ra'Shede Hageman - Will be out of NFL in 4 years

We wont know for years, but the new salary structure promotes reaching..

I totally agree with everyone here with the exception of Anthony Barr. His size, athleticism and ability to get to the QB makes him a top 10 prospect. For him to receive the type of accolades he has in the short time he has played the position says enough to me. With a little bit of grooming from Pepper and a touch of nastiness from Spikes, he'd be a welcome addition to the Bills roster.

Finally getting some research time in, comparing mocks with players and, if it shakes out as everyone thinks, the following players are going to be taken way too early:

* Any QB taken in the top 25 - Bridgewater is the only reasonably ready to play in the NFL Because Bortles didn't play in a pro system?

* Anthony Barr - at best, late 2nd round development player

* Eric Ebron - Not a top 25 guy. Better athlete than football player

* Zack Martin - As a Tackle no way - as a Guard, OK Martin can play Tackle arm length isn't everything

* Cody Lattimer - too raw for round 1.

* Mike Evans - In a real NFL offense, too limited for a top 10 pick. Should thank Johnnie Football...

* Ra'Shede Hageman - Will be out of NFL in 4 years

We wont know for years, but the new salary structure promotes reaching..

Fixed it for you.

Without Evans, Johnnie Football is not a potential first rounder, IMHO.

BS :doh::lol: :lol:

:huh: Tell that to the Duke defense that he torched in the Bowl game without Evans making any big plays. Johnny Football brought them back, almost single handedly, from a 38-14 halftime deficit for a crazy 52-48 win. They both complimented each other on the field, but both are surely talented enough to make it in the NFL and worthy of Top 10 1st Round selections.

:thumbsup:

You make some good points. I think of Evans like Floyd for the Cardinals. He has gifted talent, but needs to learn how to run his routes in a faster bigger and stronger league. Evans may not light up in the NFL his rookie year, but once he is taught to play at this level, he will have incredible potential to be elite for the next decade.

You have to decide are you drafting him in the top 10 for flashes his rookie year, but a fantastic runway for many years to come. I believe GM's are drafting him with their eyes wide open knowing there is a lot of work to do to make him elite in the NFL.

That was a SICK football game...big stage....bigger opponent.....Johnny Football = real deal.