My kid is going to an Ivy League school!

Tristan Anderson, 17, a junior at the school who knows many of the arrested students, said the students made a mistake. “This does not reflect on Teaneck High School,” he said. “These are good kids, passionate about what they do.” -

'...These are good kids, passionate about what they do.”

Would that be passionate enough to piss where you work/study? WTF is wrong w/people? Yeah, they are very passionate kids... Pranks are one thing, but you don't piss on where you live and work.

To borrow some of the quote from Rodney Dangerfield (Back to School): "They are very passionate kids, passionate about what, I don't know!"

Honestly, they don't seem like good kids to me.

Something similar to this happened at my high school. A few kids thought if they broke in and caused enough damage school would be cancelled. They stole iPods and phones and just threw everything from lockers.

I was pissed because I loved my high school.

A janitor showed up early and called the assistant principal. The kids that did it (3 or 4 students) were arrested by lunch time and charged with burglary, criminal mischief and kicked out of school (I went to a private school)

Most of them were "good" kids too

'...These are good kids, passionate about what they do."

Would that be passionate enough to piss where you work/study? WTF is wrong w/people? Yeah, they are very passionate kids... Pranks are one thing, but you don't piss on where you live and work.

To borrow some of the quote from Rodney Dangerfield (Back to School): "They are very passionate kids, passionate about what, I don't know!"

Honestly, they don't seem like good kids to me.

I like it better when we agree :thumbsup:

An old college buddy of mine went to a high school in the suburbs of Rochester where it was expected that the senior class would play a "prank" and essentially vandalize the school in some way. His senior year, they covered all of the floors in the school with straw, and released a bunch of chickens to roam about the school. No one got in trouble.

I thought he was full of crap at first, but even his parents confirmed (and laughed about) the story.

An old college buddy of mine went to a high school in the suburbs of Rochester where it was expected that the senior class would play a "prank" and essentially vandalize the school in some way. His senior year, they covered all of the floors in the school with straw, and released a bunch of chickens to roam about the school. No one got in trouble.

I thought he was full of crap at first, but even his parents confirmed (and laughed about) the story.

There's the classic pigs let loose prank too. Get three pigs, paint #1, #2, and #4 on them, then release them in the school. See how long the staff spends looking for #3.

Not saying the kids in Teaneck should not be held accountable but look at the difference in the situations. The "old" story we laugh about the new one is viewed with contempt and blasted all over the internet.

I really think in the interest of getting attention like others on the internet kids do what kids have always done but to an extreme. It is a game of cyber one-upsmanship.

I do think the kids in either situation should be held accountable. However, so should the parents who are supposed to teach them that even in the midst of adolescent stupidity there are limits.