New England -2.5 over Philly?

stevestojan

I think the line will be around 2.5 or 3.  I think NE will win by more than that, but the line will be conservative...

Bet the Pats in 14 days. They are apparently the real deal.

215655[/snapback]

Steve, you hit the nail on the head.

I'd give the Eagles 10 points and take the bet.  No way this one gets close.

215780[/snapback]

you serious?

I just got worked over on my last TBD bet, but I'm willing to jump back in the ring...

a pay pal bet? I'll take Philly +10 all day long!

the lower the line begins at, the better a chance the Eagles have... Vegas MUST know that the general betting public will pound the Patriots for two weeks... so if Vegas expects the Patriots to blow them out, they'll start the line at -10, so folks will be tempted to bet the Eages... and vice versa

the lower the line begins at, the better a chance the Eagles have... Vegas MUST know that the general betting public will pound the Patriots for two weeks... so if Vegas expects the Patriots to blow them out, they'll start the line at -10, so folks will be tempted to bet the Eages... and vice versa

215941[/snapback]

correct. The line is determined in Vegas, before betting starts. There are actually three main heads of gambling departments that decide the line that most people use.

The flucuation during the week is based on betting trends (except of course injuries, major weather changes, etc)...

After watching the rest of this game, I think I was wrong. The line will open right around 5.5 - 6... crazy...

According to the sports update on Fox Sports radio, the Pats have already been installed as 7 point favorites! I bet it goes down to about 5 or 5.5 by kick-off. I am fairly confident the Pats win, but don't forget, their two Super Bowl victories were won on last second field goals. They don't blow a lot of teams out (although that trend seems to have changed in the playoffs this year). If I am not mistaken, the Pats and Eagles and Steelers were no's 1, 2 and 3 respecitively against the spread, in the regular season.

Incidently, the Bills were #5 or 6!

there is no way that line goes down... i'd be shocked... people will be poundin the pats for two weeks

216191[/snapback]

You may be right, but I have a feeling that Terell Owens status will factor in. Even if he does play, I would be surprised if he was much of a factor in the game, and in fact, might hurt his team, the way Moss does every year, playing with bad hamstrings. However, so many people wager on the Super Bowl, I think it may sway people to move toward the Eagles the closer it gets to kickoff.