Florida driver gets so pissed about other drivers using cellphones...

The technology I would like to get is a device that can change red lights to green.

Isn't that called "top con" or something (silimar sounding name, didn't look it up, going from memory)... Wasn't Ebay under fire for selling them about 10 or so years ago? People were getting a hold of them and the authorites went nuts.

Anyway... You can easily spot the signals that have the system installed on them... Tell tale sensor and eye in the middle of the light.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Should be standard equipment on every motorcycle sold

Still doesn't mean cars will start "seeing" motorcycle. I never can understand the whole campaign: "Start seeing motorcycles." If somebody can't see a small bike that blends in with the road... How are they going to be forced into "seeing them" either on the cell phone or not. Heck, cars are like silent cocoons now... Even loud pipes don't help anymore with all the insulation in vehicles. The problem is, bikes do crazy things and are just too hard to process (time, distance, speed, etc.. ) most of the time... They also can be places where you just don't expect them, like riding up between traffic. Yet, the whole world is supposed to revolve around them and somehow magically start "seeing" something that just can't be seen @ times until too late. I am not anti-motorcycle... I am on pins and needles sometimes wondering what they are going to do.

Jam somebody's cell phone and dollars to donuts they start fiddling with the damn thing causing more of a problem!

Some motorcycle drivers are their own worst enemies. Driving in blind spots, shooting up thru traffic lanes is crazy. Someone can check their blind spot then start moving over just as the motorcycle starts shooting the gap at high speeds. I almost hit someone yesterday in this exact same scenario.

Jamming cell signals is bad for multiple reasons... Firstly it could mess with signals of emergency personnel. Secondly, it's very likely people would start fidgeting with their now signalless phone, when their Pandora, GPS maps, or whatever stop working. As much as this story is sort of funny, it's actually really dangerous when you think about the real consequences.

Still doesn't mean cars will start "seeing" motorcycle. I never can understand the whole campaign: "Start seeing motorcycles." If somebody can't see a small bike that blends in with the road... How are they going to be forced into "seeing them" either on the cell phone or not. Heck, cars are like silent cocoons now... Even loud pipes don't help anymore with all the insulation in vehicles. The problem is, bikes do crazy things and are just too hard to process (time, distance, speed, etc.. ) most of the time... They also can be places where you just don't expect them, like riding up between traffic. Yet, the whole world is supposed to revolve around them and somehow magically start "seeing" something that just can't be seen @ times until too late. I am not anti-motorcycle... I am on pins and needles sometimes wondering what they are going to do.

Jam somebody's cell phone and dollars to donuts they start fiddling with the damn thing causing more of a problem!

With the new V2V technology if all road legal vehicles have this as a standard option

all vehicles will be able 2 communicate with other vehicles

V2V-GM-illo-1345557723736-web-hero-640x354.jpg

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/176093-v2v-what-are-vehicle-to-vehicle-communications-and-how-does-it-work

With the new V2V technology if all road legal vehicles have this as a standard option

all vehicles will be able 2 communicate with other vehicles

V2V-GM-illo-1345557723736-web-hero-640x354.jpg

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/176093-v2v-what-are-vehicle-to-vehicle-communications-and-how-does-it-work

Cool! I bet insurance companies love this!

Now... If this drastically cuts down on accidents, will insurance companies drastically cut rates?

??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Cool! I bet insurance companies love this!

Now... If this drastically cuts down on accidents, will insurance companies drastically cut rates?

??

you're kidding right?

oh and they can talk to big brother too.

rate of speeding etc