IS JIM SCHWARTZ A DINOSAUR???

DOGNESS

Then Pettine was on the radio here today talking about how he is changing the personnel in Cleveland to fit his scheme which he said is mainly a 4-3.

would pettine being a mix or sometimes hybrid of fronts and variations in how he brings pressure, and schwartz being a very basic 43 bridge atleast some of the gap - that perhaps we are changing from something a bit more diverse that often had 4 man lines, to something that will be pretty strictly 4 man fronts?

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. You guys are right. How dare I question anything the Bills do. I mean lets look at the big picture. Superbowls Champs 2000-2008. Then again 2010 -2013. I mean really. With 13 Vince Lombardi trophies over the past 14 seasons why in the world would anyone question what this team does? What was I thinking? Its obvious Schwartz will set records in every single defensive category this year. Records that will never, ever be broken. Im expecting 300 sacks. 200 ints. 250 Fumble recoveries. 350 defensive points(in the first half of the season alone). Negative rushing and passing yards for the entire year. I should just revoke my right to be a Bills fan. Ill try to do better. Where can I buy my pom poms BTW. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not sure why Whaley would say that because again, the Bills came out in a 4-3 in every game last year without fail. And you typically don't stay in a 4-3 for all 3 downs.

Here's the link of one reference on Buffalo Rumblings article, I know he's said it other times, I believe Marrone has as well.

If your coach and GM are saying it, I think it's easy for us fans to get confused. I'm with the majority on the board, I think the Bills played 4-3 and 3-4 depending on down and distance in 2013 and I suspect we'll see that in 2014, maybe not as much 3-4 ---

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/4/28/5659708/buffalo-bills-draft-needs-2014-de-breakdown-mario-williams

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

I don't know how we can say that without a single 2014 down played.

If we're talking about schemes, I'd argue the Tampa/2 is considerably more antiquated than the 4-3. You can do lots of things with a 4-3. You need almost perfect players for perfect roles in a Tampa/2.

I don't know how we can say that without a single 2014 down played.

If we're talking about schemes, I'd argue the Tampa/2 is considerably more antiquated than the 4-3. You can do lots of things with a 4-3. You need almost perfect players for perfect roles in a Tampa/2.

the tampa 2 IS a 43. the term 43 is rather broad.

jim schwartzs defenses of years past have some commonalities up front (4 down lineman aggressively getting after the qb sometimes at the expense of the running game), and some glaring differences (especially at MLB, schwartzs MLB cleaning up the run game, as opposed to being a guy that drops into coverage well)...

Edited by NoSaint

My bad. You guys are right. How dare I question anything the Bills do. I mean lets look at the big picture. Superbowls Champs 2000-2008. Then again 2010 -2013. I mean really. With 13 Vince Lombardi trophies over the past 14 seasons why in the world would anyone question what this team does? What was I thinking? Its obvious Schwartz will set records in every single defensive category this year. Records that will never, ever be broken. Im expecting 300 sacks. 200 ints. 250 Fumble recoveries. 350 defensive points(in the first half of the season alone). Negative rushing and passing yards for the entire year. I should just revoke my right to be a Bills fan. Ill try to do better. Where can I buy my pom poms BTW. Any advice would be appreciated.

you mad, bro?

Oh brother, another one of these posters. Thanks for letting me know not to spend the time starting this thread from the top!

p.s. I'm pretty sure you can buy some used pom-poms for cheap; just contact the Jills.

[/quote

You asked if the new DC was a dinosaur in all caps because he runs a 4-3 defense and said that he thinks the players need to beat the guys in front of them, which is something all DCs, new and old, say. So you were questioning what, exactly? The hire? The decision to run a 4-3? The decision to not run another DC's scheme? The use of a coaching cliche? We question things here all the time, sans pom poms. The question, at least for me, didn't seem like a big concern in April without a set roster, draft or TC to analyze. You did however manage to get a pic of Schwartz-a-saurus which was epic.

Oh brother, another one of these posters. Thanks for letting me know not to spend the time starting this thread from the top!

p.s. I'm pretty sure you can buy some used pom-poms for cheap; just contact the Jills.

You beat me to it! Edited by YoloinOhio

[/quoteYou asked if the new DC was a dinosaur in all caps because he runs a 4-3 defense and said that he thinks the players need to beat the guys in front of them, which is something all DCs, new and old, say. So you were questioning what, exactly? The hire? The decision to run a 4-3? The decision to not run another DC's scheme? The use of a coaching cliche? We question things here all the time, sans pom poms. The question, at least for me, didn't seem like a big concern in April without a set roster, draft or TC to analyze. You did however manage to get a pic of Schwartz-a-saurus which was epic.

You beat me to it!

It was a pretty sweet picture, if I do say so. B-)