Kimmelweck rolls

When my wife and I attended the Carolina game last season, it was her first trip to Buffalo. I talked her into trying a beef on weck while we were up there and she absolutely loved the roll. I've been stymied trying to find a place that will ship kimmelweck rolls to the west coast, however.

Does anyone know a place quality rolls could be ordered from that would do expedited shipping?

My wife makes them, here's her recipe (with a kaiser roll)

mix cornstarch and water put on the top to stick the seeds and salt.

wrap in foil and bake for 15minutes

I use horse radish, and gravy, with a dill pickle

My wife makes them, here's her recipe (with a kaiser roll)

mix cornstarch and water put on the top to stick the seeds and salt.

wrap in foil and bake for 15minutes

I use horse radish, and gravy, with a dill pickle

Sounds about right. Just need some OV to go with it.

Sounds about right. Just need some OV to go with it.

I cant tell you the last time I had an OV. My wife ordered some sponge candy for me for Easter Sunday. I think I'll keep her.

When my wife and I attended the Carolina game last season, it was her first trip to Buffalo. I talked her into trying a beef on weck while we were up there and she absolutely loved the roll. I've been stymied trying to find a place that will ship kimmelweck rolls to the west coast, however.

Does anyone know a place quality rolls could be ordered from that would do expedited shipping?

I live near Sarasota Florida and the bakery at Publix supermarkets will make them for you if you order a couple of days in advance. I get them for get togethers once in a while, 2-3 times a year I guess. Not sure their the same, but pretty good none the less. I would guess if they make them at Publix then other supermarkets may as well if you ask them. You may need to find a recipe but allot of those bakers like to do something different.

Just caught up on the rest of the posts. Love the idea of making them from a Kaiser. Always wondered about that.

Thanks!

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan