Did we just hire a new scout 2 weeks before the draft?

FireChan

He's a Pro Scout. They spend all their time evaluating current NFL players on other teams' rosters. Most travel to opponents' games as well 1-2 weeks prior to playing them to scout tendencies. Nothing to do with the draft - except in some FOs they may go to the college games in the fall and help the college scouts. Obviously he would do that next year if that was the case.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's a Pro Scout. They spend all their time evaluating current NFL players on other teams' rosters. Most travel to opponents' games as well 1-2 weeks prior to playing them to scout tendencies. Nothing to do with the draft - except in some FOs they may go to the college games in the fall and help the college scouts. Obviously he would do that next year if that was the case.

/thread

I'd like it but why do you think that? I really don't know his background or who he scouts for so you need to fill me/us in.

The comment was rooted in sarcasm. Signing a pro scout 2 weeks before the draft has no effect on the draft. Pro scout meaning NFL scout as in evaluating players already in the league.

Are you suggesting that he's the only professional scout we have? All the others are unpaid scouts? DOOOMED!!!

GO BILLS!!!

The comment was rooted in sarcasm. Signing a pro scout 2 weeks before the draft has no effect on the draft. Pro scout meaning NFL scout as in evaluating players already in the league.

sarcasm meter detected 0 on your original post. But I agree that him signing means next to nothing on this draft.

The only thing I've seen is on Dixon, and I doubt he'll have significant input into anyone but late round/UDFA, because he comes from a small school and was a coach there. And if his (their) hiring is a net addition and not replacing someone, who cares?

The only thing I've seen is on Dixon, and I doubt he'll have significant input into anyone but late round/UDFA, because he comes from a small school and was a coach there. And if his (their) hiring is a net addition and not replacing someone, who cares?

We Bills fans need to stay abreast of such happenings .

You may not have noticed Doc , that he is from another country it seems.

I think he is alien. He is from The Citadel !

The" who cares " was kinda rude. But your point about whether he upgrades the staff is reasonable.

Best wishes Dixon !

Edited by 3rdand12

Yep he is referring to Dixon:

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 3h

Gerald Dixon joins #Bills as Pro Scout http://ow.ly/w8moA

Are you suggesting that he's the only professional scout we have? All the others are unpaid scouts? DOOOMED!!!

GO BILLS!!!

:lol:

We Bills fans need to stay abreast of such happenings .

You may not have noticed Doc , that he is from another country it seems.

I think he is alien. He is from The Citadel !

The" who cares " was kinda rude. But your point about whether he upgrades the staff is reasonable.

Best wishes Dixon !

Hardly rude. I'll care about Dixon when he brings the Bills a stud Citadel player!

Yep he is referring to Dixon:

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 3h

Gerald Dixon joins #Bills as Pro Scout http://ow.ly/w8moA

I know. Who is the other scout FC is talking about?

Hardly rude. I'll care about Dixon when he brings the Bills a stud Citadel player!

I swear I knew Dixon was a pro scout and I only mentioned "2 weeks before the draft" purely to let everyone know what day it is. I swear.

Whoops. I misread the title and thought he said the Bills hired 2 new scouts.

I swear I knew Dixon was a pro scout and I only mentioned "2 weeks before the draft" purely to let everyone know what day it is. I swear.

Fair enough. But he's a pro scout now. Before he was a FCS college coach.

lol. I heard him interviewed on John Murphy show tonight, He used to play for the Bills under Mularkey before he went into coaching. I'll post the link once they tweet it out.

: )

In his interview he mentioned two NFL guys from The Citadel who were drafted while he was there. I wouldn't call them studs but they are decent players. Cortez Allen on the Steelers and Andre Roberts who just signed with the Redskins as a FA WR (was with the Cardinals).

lol. I heard him interviewed on John Murphy show tonight, He used to play for the Bills under Mularkey before he went into coaching. I'll post the link once they tweet it out.

In his interview he mentioned two NFL guys from The Citadel who were drafted while he was there. I wouldn't call them studs but they are decent players. Cortez Allen on the Steelers and Andre Roberts who just signed with the Redskins as a FA WR (was with the Cardinals).

Simply put , i am glad to welcome him aboard.

Whaley and Monos seem to have a good grasp so far. But the bell tolls soon enough with May 8th around the corner