Wahhhhhhhhh! Working at a job is hard!

Wtf is a dream job?

I think these days it's some sort of high paying consultant job. Maybe consulting how to be a consultant? Maybe that would be a education based job. I don't know. But I think dream jobs these days involve everything except actually working or producing something.

It's a job where you don't do anything and make six figures.

its awful. I fit that description, and I hate being underutilized. Most people would die for my job, I can't wait to leave. Nothing worse that feeling you did nothing with your day.

its awful. I fit that description, and I hate being underutilized. Most people would die for my job, I can't wait to leave. Nothing worse that feeling you did nothing with your day.

It beats earning six figures doing "hurry up and run in place!" and having yesterday be completely invalidated by today's new "strategic direction," like I do.

The stories I wish I could tell...

I can honestly say that I have had a dream job for the past 12-1/2 years, and hopefully it will last for at least another 4 years. I'm also hoping that some of my side projects take off and afford me the ability to leave whenever I choose.

It beats earning six figures doing "hurry up and run in place!" and having yesterday be completely invalidated by today's new "strategic direction," like I do.

The stories I wish I could tell...

Oh, the old new strategy direction switch... nothing like workign you all off on some effort, on to see it completed wasted when the new Head comes in an decided to go another direction. We're on our 3rd EMR in 12 years- holly wasted effort on two of them... lol

Lol, we rarely agree, but nailed this one.... What a stupid piece of imagery... Dream job, lol...

I don't think so. In fact, while I don't find the article particularly newsworthy, from my own experience, it rang very true.

I was convinced early on I wanted to be a journalist. I wrote for the local paper in junior high and high school, became editor of my college paper (such as it was), freelanced for a bunch of magazines, and spent many days thinking about the time I would get my first newspaper assignment, typing frantically to make a deadline and yelling "COPY!" when I was giving it to my editor before it made its way to the production department for layout, then shot and send to the presses. I couldn't wait for my first byline to hit people's driveways.

Three years into my first job as a journalist, I realized it simply wasn't anything I thought it would be...and pays even worse. It sucked, but fortunately for me, being a skilled writer isn't limited to journalism, so I was able to move my career around until I found what I really wanted to do.

I went to medical school thinking I wanted to be an ophthalmologist. However I did a rotation for a week in my 4th year and hated it. So I went into internal medicine thinking I'd do GI or cardiology. But from the moment I started my internship, I hated it and couldn't see doing 3 years of it. Fortunately for me anesthesia fell into my lap early enough that internship year and I didn't lose any time since I would have had to do a year of IM or surgery anyway. The only thing I wish is that I went into residency knowing I was going to do anesthesia because I had to do continuity (see a set roster of patients every week) clinic and I spent all afternoon and sometimes into the night there, whereas as an anesthesia pre-lim, I would have done walk-up (divide and conquer) clinic instead.

I went to medical school thinking I wanted to be an ophthalmologist. However I did a rotation for a week in my 4th year and hated it. So I went into internal medicine thinking I'd do GI or cardiology. But from the moment I started my internship, I hated it and couldn't see doing 3 years of it. Fortunately for me anesthesia fell into my lap early enough that internship year and I didn't lose any time since I would have had to do a year of IM or surgery anyway. The only thing I wish is that I went into residency knowing I was going to do anesthesia because I had to do continuity (see a set roster of patients every week) clinic and I spent all afternoon and sometimes into the night there, whereas as an anesthesia pre-lim, I would have done walk-up (divide and conquer) clinic instead.

And the rest is history... You have been putting us & others to sleep ever since. Why don't you take OC on as a partner, you can patent his posts and call it "drugless surgery." How great would that be, his anesthesia posts already take everybody to near death levels, nobody would feel a thing. The only problem is people would actually have to read them for the method to work.

:nana: :nana:

I am just kidding. :D Boy am I a glutton for punishment!

And the rest is history... You have been putting us & others to sleep ever since. Why don't you take OC on as a partner, you can patent his posts and call it "drugless surgery." How great would that be, his anesthesia posts already take everybody to near death levels, nobody would feel a thing. The only problem is people would actually have to read them for the method to work.

:nana: :nana:

I am just kidding. :D Boy am I a glutton for punishment!

Actually your first post that I'd give a :thumbsup: to.