Teenager is such a sore loser after playing/losing Call of Duty...

Straw-men... straw-men everywhere. There is no popular game that gives you points for running people over on the side of the street. I guess it's easy to argue against something when you manufacture your evidence.

Already stated that if the cops bust people that is good. No straw man here. I thought you did get extra for that, but I was wrong.

I still think it is bad killing other people in video games. Especially with reality of today's games (from what I see on commercials).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He watched a commercial once, so he knows all there is to know about video game content.

Video games are contaminating our precious bodily fluids! You guys are probably too young, but I remember during the 40s there were no violent video games or movies and people treated each other right. Everyone lived in perfect harmony.

Umm, video games that have people stealing cars and selling drugs and being pimps are no good at all. You should not be allowed to distribute things like that. Running over people on the side of the road and get extra points for it.

All at the same time loosening drug laws. And having lax gun regulations. It is a dumb and stupid combination. It is a public safety nightmare. Anyone who thinks different is a moron.

Lax gun regulations?

Are you kidding me? Go try and get an erie county pistol permit let me know how that turns out for you.

You're a moron

Um, there is not people killing people in violent ways?

Most of the killing is non-violent. Assisted suicides, late term abortions, and pulled-plugs. About 25% of video game deaths are due to natural causes. Only about 5% of video game killing is due rampages, killing sprees and headshots.

the obituaries in philly this morning is just littered with these 'people' getting killed in all these video games. i didn't know it was such a problem, in fact i may have to go to a funeral next week for Queen Slug-for-a-butt from Earthworm Jim...it was a tragic killing, could have been prevented too

Most of the killing is non-violent. Assisted suicides, late term abortions, and pulled-plugs. About 25% of video game deaths are due to natural causes. Only about 5% of video game killing is due rampages, killing sprees and headshots.

Here is your straw man right here.

It is not normal for people to kill other people, hence it is a crime. Glorifying that action and having normal people engage in it for sport or competition is part of the reason our society is losing respect for each other and for human life, and that is a fact.

It is not normal for people to kill other people, hence it is a crime. Glorifying that action and having normal people engage in it for sport or competition is part of the reason our society is losing respect for each other and for human life, and that is a fact.

Young people do not understand the repercussions and finality of death, and without a doubt that is attributed in large parts to video games.

Everyone knows that the #1 cause of deaths among teenagers is falling into a bottomless pit.

the obituaries in philly this morning is just littered with these 'people' getting killed in all these video games. i didn't know it was such a problem, in fact i may have to go to a funeral next week for Queen Slug-for-a-butt from Earthworm Jim...it was a tragic killing, could have been prevented too

More straw man and non intellectual thinking. You obviously are not a person who does much important either. If you waste time playing video games you sure like to waste time. You are better off taking a nap. Video games make people live outside the realm of having a normal life, they are fantasy land (and it is not even the same as fantasy football which I do play). It also drives teenagers to be non productive too.

To not talk about other things is unintelligent and irresponsible.

Oh, yeah, the Jauronimo and Poojer may say that video games actually make jobs, they have competitions where nerds can actually make money playing video games, and all the programmers making the games.

Young people do not understand the repercussions and finality of death, and without a doubt that is attributed in large parts to video games.

Clearly, you haven't the slightest idea of what constitutes a straw man. If anything has effected our children's understanding of the finality of death its the rise of the zombie genre with tall tales like The Walking Dead, Easter and World War Z.

Accidents, homicides, and suicides, and I bet 90% are drug and alcohol related and I bet almost all play video games. Would love to see the study on it.

Clearly, you haven't the slightest idea of what constitutes a straw man. If anything has effected our children's understanding of the finality of death its the rise of the zombie genre with tall tales like The Walking Dead, Easter and World War Z.

Dude, you go off on some tangent about non violent video game killing, without a doubt, those are snarky strawman, and also you have some tin man, and without a doubt cowardly lion inside of you too.

More straw man and non intellectual thinking. You obviously are not a person who does much important either. If you waste time playing video games you sure like to waste time. You are better off taking a nap. Video games make people live outside the realm of having a normal life, they are fantasy land (and it is not even the same as fantasy football which I do play). It also drives teenagers to be non productive too.

Oh, yeah, the Jauronimo and Poojer may say that video games actually make jobs, they have competitions where nerds can actually make money playing video games, and all the programmers making the games.

Strike 2 on the concept of a straw man. Strike 59 on grammar and complete sentences. I shouldn't have to read your posts 3 times to figure out what you meant to write. I do like how you tried to play the job card again. F for execution. The non-sequitur which I bolded is nothing short of totally confounding. I would say that the only part of your post which made a lick of sense was the argument that neither poojer or I actually made and has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. At least it was semi-coherent.

Other than that, nice post.

What I do is important to me and to my family, i've already stated in another reply that i DO NOT play video games or have i ever fired a gun, so this just goes to show your ignorance to what others are saying, you have an agenda and will present it no matter what. You seem unwilling to listen to any other view point. You seem to think video games are reality as you keep referring to characters in the games as 'people' and 'getting killed'. My kids play video games, the oldest one works full time, the youngest one is in high school and runs his own lawn cutting business, and my middle son is full time in school as well. You know what I do? I have instilled in them from the beginning that these are games and not real and they are not to speak or act like they do in video games. The horrors....teaching my kids to take responsibility for themselves....and to make matters worse, my kids now come from a broken home as my ex and I have been divorced for 6 or 7 years...my god, it's only a matter of time before they, too, snap

Edited by The Poojer

Strike 2 on the concept of a straw man. Strike 59 on grammar and complete sentences. I shouldn't have to read your posts 3 times to figure out what you meant to write. I do like how you tried to play the job card again. F for execution. The non-sequitur which I bolded is nothing short of totally confounding. I would say that the only part of your post which made a lick of sense was the argument that neither poojer or I actually made and has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. At least it was semi-coherent.

Other than that, nice post.

I could care less about grammar. I actually have an important job. No card needed. Go look up what and Oracle Applications Business Analyst earns with 17 years experience.

Just talking about the murders video games directly caused is stupid, there are so many other ways that violent video games hurt teenagers and children. It is pretty clear.

You are being a turd or you are just plain stupid if you could not understand that.

What I do is important to me and to my family, i've already stated in another reply that i DO NOT play video games or have i ever fired a gun, so this just goes to show your ignorance to what others are saying, you have an agenda and will present it no matter what. You seem unwilling to listen to any other view point. You seem to think video games are reality as you keep referring to characters in the games as 'people' and 'getting killed'. My kids play video games, the oldest one works full time, the youngest one is in high school and runs his own lawn cutting business, and my middle son is full time in school as well. You know what I do? I have instilled in them from the beginning that these are games and not real and they are not to speak or act like they do in video games. The horrors....teaching my kids to take responsibility for themselves....and to make matters worse, my kids now come from a broken home as my ex and I have been divorced for 6 or 7 years...my god, it's only a matter of time before they, too, snap

At least you talk to them about it. I did see your other replies, just to my post. Should have read. Sounds like there is a responsible voice there and I without a doubt applaud it.

I completely understand they are not going away.

Edited by Security

Accidents, homicides, and suicides, and I bet 90% are drug and alcohol related and I bet almost all play video games. Would love to see the study on it.

Dude, you go off on some tangent about non violent video game killing, without a doubt, those are snarky strawman, and also you have some tin man, and without a doubt cowardly lion inside of you too.

Mockery is not a straw man. Strike 3.

Holy !@#$ing conflation. Video games -> drugs -> accidents, murder, suicide ?!?!? Human beings were peaceful, considerate and never susceptible to accidents until the advent of Atari.

I did not bring up the job. You did. Saying you don't do anything important has more reach than talking about a job. This is not the first time you have made an inference in a similar fashion.

Sounds like someone has an inferiority complex.

Not doing important things is wasting your time and doing things that have little benefit to others, and also little benefit to yourself. You took it as one thing. Poor Jauronimo.

Edited by Security