Teenager is such a sore loser after playing/losing Call of Duty...

...that he makes a fake 911 call to the police, telling him that the teenage opponent had killed his mom, which results in a 70-person SWAT team converging on his opponent's house.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/hoax-hostage-call-over-call-of-duty-prompts-big-police-response-in-long-beach-say-officials-1.7794065

Edited by \GoBillsInDallas/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you may have misread the story...the kid Castillo that emerged from the house DIDN'T do anything wrong, the kid who called in the hoax is the one at fault here, the poor kid Castillo was sitting there with his headphones on oblivious to what was going on outside his house.

"He didnt do anything wrong"

really?

we need laws in place to ban video games antics like this, without more laws we are doomed!!!

Umm, video games that have people stealing cars and selling drugs and being pimps are no good at all. You should not be allowed to distribute things like that. Running over people on the side of the road and get extra points for it.

All at the same time loosening drug laws. And having lax gun regulations. It is a dumb and stupid combination. It is a public safety nightmare. Anyone who thinks different is a moron.

by your logic The Sopranos, Dexter & Breaking Bad should never be allowed to be distributed to the airwaves for people to watch....but what do i know...i am a moron

Umm, video games that have people stealing cars and selling drugs and being pimps are no good at all. You should not be allowed to distribute things like that. Running over people on the side of the road and get extra points for it.

All at the same time loosening drug laws. And having lax gun regulations. It is a dumb and stupid combination. It is a public safety nightmare. Anyone who thinks different is a moron.

Sounds like you are referring to the GTA series but this isn't how it works. Killing random people gets the cops after you. The more you do it the more cops are gunning for you and the harder it is to escape.

Anyway seeing I've been playing video games for almost 30 years, especially the violent ones, I'm not sure how I have resisted the urge to run down random people with my car, pimp out hos, or any number of other sex/violence acts simulated in a virtual world. This isn't even including all the rated R movies I have seen. Guess I am one of the lucky ones.

by your logic The Sopranos, Dexter & Breaking Bad should never be allowed to be distributed to the airwaves for people to watch....but what do i know...i am a moron

Watching is different than performing IMO. Yes, the actors themselves are performing, but video games are way different. It is sad that anyone cannot see the difference of on purpose running people people over in a car or slapping bitches around and you get points for that and watching a TV show. Way different. Less intelligent people have your opinion.

If you get chased by the cops in GTA, then good. I don't play video games, except for old sports ones from long ago and things like Galaga.

Edited by Security

how do you feel about laser tag, or paintball? and you do realize you are not REALLY 'slapping bitches' you are simply pressing a button that sends a code to do an animated action on a screen

Watching is different than performing IMO. Yes, the actors themselves are performing, but video games are way different. It is sad that anyone cannot see the difference of on purpose running people people over in a car or slapping bitches around and you get points for that and watching a TV show. Way different. Less intelligent people have your opinion.

Edited by The Poojer

If you get chased by the cops in GTA, then good. I don't play video games, except for old sports ones from long ago and things like Galaga.

I think games that teach kids to destroy alien spaceships for points have ruined this country.

for the record, i have never played any of the games in question, more due to my complete inability to play video games, nor have i ever fired a gun in my life....i simply trust that the majority of the people in the world are able to control themselves and not get caught up in fake things

Cause more harm then good. Good for military training. Not good for a casual "game". Go fire at a gun range, not at each other.

Straw-men... straw-men everywhere. There is no popular game that gives you points for running people over on the side of the street. I guess it's easy to argue against something when you manufacture your evidence.

I think games that teach kids to destroy alien spaceships for points have ruined this country.

A little hand-eye coordination and some muscle memory is not bad, I do not like the association of killing and harming other people.

Says the guy who's using the classic blame video games narrative. Broad generalizations are fun. Let me try. Anyone who blames video games for anything bad a kid does is a terrible parent trying to pass blame because they raised their kid horribly.

http://news.yahoo.com/blaming-violence-video-games-does-133625439.html

for the record, i have never played any of the games in question, more due to my complete inability to play video games, nor have i ever fired a gun in my life....i simply trust that the majority of the people in the world are able to control themselves and not get caught up in fake things

If this isn't true the world should end in a fabulously violent way shortly seeing GTA 5, ( the latest in probably the most violent and controversial series of games there are), had sales over 1 billion dollars in only 3 days this past fall which equates to a whole lot of insanity that should be unleashed any minute now.