New Best Seller In Economics

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But first, explain how the past moves forward. :wallbash:

It's a best-seller*. That's all he needs to know.

*Among all non-fiction economics books last week.

And it's by a Frenchman. From that economic juggernaut that is France! The country that is currently imploding culturally and financially. How exciting we should all go out and buy it!

the book was number 16 on nyt nonfiction best sellers list. from that fact and the comments here, we can conclude one of several things: many posters here don't read, many posters here don't read nonfiction, posters here don't represent a cross section of the reading american populace, posters here are on avg more conservative on economic policy than the reading public, many posters here are out of touch with mainstream sentiment and/or have no interest in what that might be, many posters here knee jerk reject any idea outside their narrow world view, many posters here are ignorant and all of the above. personally, i'll take all of the above for $10000 alex.

I'm thinkin' birdog1960 and gatorman are one and the same...just an expression of a multiple personality disorder. His (or maybe her, who really knows for sure....) primary tactic is straight from the 'mocrat playbook: "If you can't dispute the facts, diss the bastards' personalities, families, belief systems, etc. (unless of course they're followers of Islam, then issue a pass in every situation)."

the book was number 16 on nyt nonfiction best sellers list. from that fact and the comments here, we can conclude one of several things: many posters here don't read, many posters here don't read nonfiction, posters here don't represent a cross section of the reading american populace, posters here are on avg more conservative on economic policy than the reading public, many posters here are out of touch with mainstream sentiment and/or have no interest in what that might be, many posters here knee jerk reject any idea outside their narrow world view, many posters here are ignorant and all of the above. personally, i'll take all of the above for $10000 alex.

Yet you get your ass handed to you whenever you post here. Where does that leave you?

So we have all this in place to protect starvation in the once in a lifetime great recession/depression. Great system. :rolleyes:

If that was all, it would still be better than the system you Conservatives want in place.

Why?

Because no one person deserves or needs that much money, IMO. And I think a lot of people feel the same way

Gatorman, can you explain to me why you'd even begin to argue that the credibility of am anti-capitalism book lies in it being a best-seller? :doh:

Tom, to be honest, I just wanted to start a conversation about the book and so I mentioned it was a best seller. You take the best seller part and run with it. I'm in too good of a mood to insult you right now so I won't. And what makes the book anti-capitalist?

I'm thinkin' birdog1960 and gatorman are one and the same...just an expression of a multiple personality disorder. His (or maybe her, who really knows for sure....) primary tactic is straight from the 'mocrat playbook: "If you can't dispute the facts, diss the bastards' personalities, families, belief systems, etc. (unless of course they're followers of Islam, then issue a pass in every situation)."

Nope! We are totally different people

I said:

No, it's actually quite sad!!

What are you, !@#$ing deaf??

Would you Conservative morons please be quiet!! Bunch of friggin little children

If that was all, it would still be better than the system you Conservatives want in place.

Because no one person deserves or needs that much money, IMO. And I think a lot of people feel the same way

Tom, to be honest, I just wanted to start a conversation about the book and so I mentioned it was a best seller. You take the best seller part and run with it. I'm in too good of a mood to insult you right now so I won't. And what makes the book anti-capitalist?

Nope! We are totally different people

Would you Conservative morons please be quiet!! Bunch of friggin little children

A triumph of the human spirit over all that makes sense. You don't deserve that!