America's New Export---Companies

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101580301

The move, known as an inversion, would dramatically reduce Walgreens' taxable income in the US, which has among the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

The investor group, which included Goldman Sachs Investment Partners and hedge funds Jana Partners, Corvex and Och-Ziff, requested the meeting after becoming frustrated by Walgreens' refusal to consider relocating, according to people familiar with the matter.

In a note last month, analysts at UBS said Walgreens' tax rate was expected to be 37.5 per cent compared with 20 per cent for Boots, and that an inversion could increase earnings per share by 75 per cent. They added, however, that "Walgreens' management seems more hesitant to pull the trigger near-term due to perceived political risks."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101580301

The move, known as an inversion, would dramatically reduce Walgreens' taxable income in the US, which has among the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

The investor group, which included Goldman Sachs Investment Partners and hedge funds Jana Partners, Corvex and Och-Ziff, requested the meeting after becoming frustrated by Walgreens' refusal to consider relocating, according to people familiar with the matter.

In a note last month, analysts at UBS said Walgreens' tax rate was expected to be 37.5 per cent compared with 20 per cent for Boots, and that an inversion could increase earnings per share by 75 per cent. They added, however, that "Walgreens' management seems more hesitant to pull the trigger near-term due to perceived political risks."

Cut them out of filling prescriptions for all the old Conservative voters on government socialized medicare. They will reconsider

Cut them out of filling prescriptions for all the old Conservative voters on government socialized medicare. They will reconsider

Not only are you an idiot but you are a !@#$ing moron. You've totally missed the point. I guess you "Progressives" aren't capable of understanding anything that has to do with financial matters.

Not only are you an idiot but you are a !@#$ing moron. You've totally missed the point. I guess you "Progressives" aren't capable of understanding anything that has to do with financial matters.

I think you are being unfair lumping him in with any actual group.

they certainly understand finance as far as levying & collecting taxes goes.