Camp Manuel

I'll applaud things like this when they translate to points on the scoreboard and wins on the field. Until then, I'm going to wallow in negativity. What, so EJ was playing catch with a few teammates on the beach in Cali? Big deal...show me the baby.

JK...love to see this. I believe in EJ.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really like this. it reinforces my thought that if EJ does fail, it won't be from a lack of effort. and i really think that if he comes in this year with the attitude that "this is my team and i will lead us to the playoffs", then good things will come of it. love this kid putting in the work.

Didn't fitz do that with "the goon squad"

yes. i believe he had some bills receivers go out to arizona for some fun and games. and say what you want about his talent, his receivers always had his back. as well as the o-linemen that he went out for those huge steaks with. i get all the "show me on the field" stuff, but these are the things that can bond teammates together and conceivably build relationships off the field that translate to playing hard for each other on the field.

Great to hear he's working with his receivers AND on his footwork. It should only help him, and looking at the prior 2 QB's the Bills drafted who saw extensive playing time, both JP and Trent improved markedly in completion percentage and YPA from their rookie seasons (well, in JP's case it was his 2nd season as his rookie season was pretty much a washout). I have no doubt EJ will do the same and think his health is more of an issue, although not much more. Again what I'd like to see is the Bills build a dominant defense a la Seattle, and ideally give EJ some more weapons.

Thanks for keeping it real.......just a note....the sun may or may not come up tomorrow

Yeah, and since when is pessimism and cynicism more "real" than optimism and hopeful?

Actually, I have a hunch it's irrelevant. It's about me not being satisfied that somebody else's level of anger and frustration doesn't rise to my own.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll say the same thing in public that I have just said to many who had contributed to this thread in private...There are posts that you will agree with & there are posts that you will disagree with, that is understood. It should also be understood that you will do so agreeably. Sniping, no matter what side of the fence you sit on isn't allowed.

Everyone take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard for a minute and remember, (to borrow SDS's words in the TOS) treat everyone here as you want and expect to be treated.

I cannot speak for any other mods, but, I will tell you that I personally have taken to PM's rather than issuing warnings. That will change if people's behavior does not improve. Just because this is a Bills site, it gives no one carte blanche to attack someone whose opinion you disagree with.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

If anyone needs a refresher on the board TOS...they can be found here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Peyton Manning gathers his receivers in the offseason to build timing, chemistry, and team camaraderie = universally lauded. EJ does the same = ridicule by a cabal of crusading Bills' fans? :thumbdown:

It is a good thing that EJ and the receivers are doing. Hopefully it translates to better play on the field. If it does, everyone will be happy.

Trent Edwards was a good leader and a crap QB. Its fine EJ is being a good leader, but we need him to win games and be a damn good QB. My point again is this, its a feel good story until it produces on the field. Guys I am past feel good stories, I want talent on the field and Wins. I don't give a crap if EJ does or doesn't lead camps, feeds the homeless, protects baby kittens etc. I would rather read of him tossing a bag of kittens INTO the burning building if the guy can win us a Damn Superbowl. The only feel good thing I want is the feeling when Russ Brandon holds up the Lombardi Trophy for us fans. Sorry to be a jerk about it, but after nearly two damn Decades, 4 superbowl losses, listening to Cowboy fans their team sucking and all ragging my ass about being a Bills fan, I want WINS. Not good stories, WINS And Superbowl trophies. Again I am sorry if that ruffles feathers, but isn't it time to quit settling for being jacked over stuff like a QB leading offseason workouts? Surely many of you get my point here.

Not a feel good story... he isn't doing this for charity. He is a 24-yr-old, single millionaire who has numerious ways he could be spending the offseason. He is choosing to be focused on getting better not only at his position, but as a leader and committing to winning. If it doesn't translate to the field, at least he will know it wasn't for lack of effort or focus. Around the time of the SB he was interviewed on SVP & Russillo and said that Russell Wilson was one of the QBs in the league that he studied, and that it wasn't just his on the field game. I can think of things to be negative about just like the next person, but this isn't one of them. I understand that of course it doesn't mean much if he doesn't perform when it counts. Last year at this time, he didn't even know what team he would be playing for, Hadn't seen playbook, studied an NFL defense, or thrown to a Bills WR. I am very optimistic that, even though IMO he didn't have a "poor" rookie season at all, that he will have made significant strides by the time Sept. rolls around. Edited by YoloinOhio

EJ didn't publish the story about his workouts. He's just taking the initiative to try and improve. He is driven. He was the #2 rated QB in America in High School. He did a great job in college, MVP of the Senior Bowl. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled with his first year. If you look at some of his highlights from last year you will see flashes of brilliance. I'm glad to hear he's working on his game. He might turn out to be amazing. Hope so.

EJ didn't publish the story about his workouts. He's just taking the initiative to try and improve. He is driven. He was the #2 rated QB in America in High School. He did a great job in college, MVP of the Senior Bowl. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled with his first year. If you look at some of his highlights from last year you will see flashes of brilliance. I'm glad to hear he's working on his game. He might turn out to be amazing. Hope so.

That is true - in fact he doesn't say much on Twitter or elsewhere.