Two backpacks left near finish line of upcoming Boston Marathon

Beerball

I saw this on ESpN and the coverage following the anniversary and just felt upset. Its not like 9/11, or Dec 7, the OKC bombing,or even any other significant day. This is a day to me where I just think of how simple would have been to stop them.

Sad to say, but I bet you can expect to see a few more on Monday somewhere along the course. They can't police all 26 miles. There are too many idiot college kids along that course for something stupid not to happen, especially on one of the biggest drinking holidays of the year.

Haven't read any updates yet. Can't speak for anyone else though...whoever did it is in idiot.

The second bag wasn't mentioned very much during the brief coverage last night. My guess is that they knew exactly where it came from and weren't concerned. They forced everyone to evacuate the area pretty quickly when it all happened, so I can see someone, even media, losing their bag during that rush. It's the same reason why there were lots of "suspicious devices" reported last year when everything happened, people drop stuff when in a panic.

The second bag wasn't mentioned very much during the brief coverage last night. My guess is that they knew exactly where it came from and weren't concerned. They forced everyone to evacuate the area pretty quickly when it all happened, so I can see someone, even media, losing their bag during that rush. It's the same reason why there were lots of "suspicious devices" reported last year when everything happened, people drop stuff when in a panic.

Yes, different story if the second backpack was dropped/left behind during the evacuation. Parents forget about their kids in situations like that, never mind a backpack.

Yes, different story if the second backpack was dropped/left behind during the evacuation. Parents forget about their kids in situations like that, never mind a backpack.

And the crazy part is that they had to detonate that one too. Are we officially at the point now where we say "there's something electronic, better safe than sorry"? Maybe it's just the bomb squad venting a bit and having a little fun.

And the crazy part is that they had to detonate that one too. Are we officially at the point now where we say "there's something electronic, better safe than sorry"? Maybe it's just the bomb squad venting a bit and having a little fun.

years ago ('85) I was flying out of Frankfurt Germany, when you boarded you had to identify your luggage on the tarmac before you got on the plane. All unclaimed luggage was blown up.

don't know if they still do that,

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever