This Guy Has No Sympathy For The Palestinians

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304640104579487444112949138?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304640104579487444112949138.html

By

NORMAN PODHORETZ

April 9, 2014 7:26 p.m. ET

Provoked by the predictable collapse of the farcical negotiations forced by Secretary of State John Kerry on the Palestinians and the Israelis, I wish to make a confession: I have no sympathy—none—for the Palestinians. Furthermore, I do not believe they deserve any.

This, of course, puts me at daggers drawn with the enlightened opinion that goes forth from the familiar triumvirate of the universities, the mainstream media and the entertainment industry. For everyone in that world is so busy weeping over the allegedly incomparable sufferings of the Palestinians that hardly a tear is left for the tribulations of other peoples. And so all-consuming is the universal rage over the supposedly monumental injustice that has been done to the Palestinians that virtually no indignation is available for any other claimant to unwarranted mistreatment.

In my unenlightened opinion, this picture of the Palestinian plight is nothing short of grotesquely disproportionate. Let me leave aside the Palestinians who live in Israel as Israeli citizens and who enjoy the same political rights as Israeli Jews (which is far more than can be said of Palestinians who live in any Arab country), and let me concentrate on those living under Israeli occupation on the West Bank........

http://online.wsj.co...4112949138.html

By

NORMAN PODHORETZ

April 9, 2014 7:26 p.m. ET

Provoked by the predictable collapse of the farcical negotiations forced by Secretary of State John Kerry on the Palestinians and the Israelis, I wish to make a confession: I have no sympathy—none—for the Palestinians. Furthermore, I do not believe they deserve any.

This, of course, puts me at daggers drawn with the enlightened opinion that goes forth from the familiar triumvirate of the universities, the mainstream media and the entertainment industry. For everyone in that world is so busy weeping over the allegedly incomparable sufferings of the Palestinians that hardly a tear is left for the tribulations of other peoples. And so all-consuming is the universal rage over the supposedly monumental injustice that has been done to the Palestinians that virtually no indignation is available for any other claimant to unwarranted mistreatment.

In my unenlightened opinion, this picture of the Palestinian plight is nothing short of grotesquely disproportionate. Let me leave aside the Palestinians who live in Israel as Israeli citizens and who enjoy the same political rights as Israeli Jews (which is far more than can be said of Palestinians who live in any Arab country), and let me concentrate on those living under Israeli occupation on the West Bank........

An anti-Palestinian, neo-conservative, son of Jewish immigrants...

Why whoever could have dreamed up such a thing...

Oh wait.

Why do we care?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/world/meast/west-bank-mosque-vandalism/"Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israeli Jewish settlers set the entrance of a West Bank mosque on fire and spray-painted the mosque walls with hate messages against Palestinians and Muslims early Wednesday, Palestinian officials said.

The attack in the village of Deir Istiya was an apparent response to an incident last week in which Israeli settlers, Palestinians and Israeli forces clashed near the village of Qusra, south of Nablus.

"This is not the first time extreme Jewish Israeli settlers set a mosque on fire in the West Bank village of Deir Istiya and spray-painted hate messages," said Ghassan Douglas, a Palestinian Authority official who monitors the activities of settlements and settlers in the West Bank.

"The settlers almost on a daily basis do this to isolated Palestinians and damage their properties.""

Whole lot of crazy to go around

http://www.cnn.com/2...sque-vandalism/"Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israeli Jewish settlers set the entrance of a West Bank mosque on fire and spray-painted the mosque walls with hate messages against Palestinians and Muslims early Wednesday, Palestinian officials said.

The attack in the village of Deir Istiya was an apparent response to an incident last week in which Israeli settlers, Palestinians and Israeli forces clashed near the village of Qusra, south of Nablus.

"This is not the first time extreme Jewish Israeli settlers set a mosque on fire in the West Bank village of Deir Istiya and spray-painted hate messages," said Ghassan Douglas, a Palestinian Authority official who monitors the activities of settlements and settlers in the West Bank.

"The settlers almost on a daily basis do this to isolated Palestinians and damage their properties.""

Whole lot of crazy to go around

Now that's a rock solid source.