Fan Advisory Board - feedback wanted on a couple of things

Ding ding ding. This is the scenario that they are looking to avoid, and in my experience, is all too common in NFL stadiums. Ideally having cigarettes on your person shouldn't be a problem, but too many jerks ignore the rule, tell complainers to pound sand, and it creates an unnecessary hostile situation.

I think the better plan here is to ban them, confiscate cigarettes if found, and eject only if used. I think banning them sends enough of a message that their use will not be tolerated. No need to eject so long as they are not being used.

This is a pretty good suggestion IMO...no need to go all gestapo about whether or not they make it into the stadium, because as others have pointed out, a truly motivated individual can get them in there. However, if someone does have them but isn't smoking, who cares? The message that smoking won't be tolerated is what they'd be trying to send.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a smoker, but I think it's weird to completely ban from an outdoor stadium. Throwing people out for it? Gimme a break!

Yeah, I'm not a smoker either, but I can't believe they can't find some balcony-type spot on a side of the stadium with favorable winds and have people go there.

Edited by jimmyo

I think the banning of cigarettes completely is a horrible idea. I also was against getting rid of the smoking areas outside. I'm a former smoker fwiw, quit in 2006. I think that this new proposal would create a nightmare at the gates and lead to lots more confrontations.

I think the banning of cigarettes completely is a horrible idea. I also was against getting rid of the smoking areas outside. I'm a former smoker fwiw, quit in 2006. I think that this new proposal would create a nightmare at the gates and lead to lots more confrontations.

Confrontations with security at the gates is considerably preferable to confrontations with other fans when an a-hole lights up at his seat.

Confrontations with security at the gates is considerably preferable to confrontations with other fans when an a-hole lights up at his seat.

It won't necessarily stop the A holes from doing that and it will surely make getting into the stadium a pita.