[closed]Manuel Ranked 8th Best QB In This Years Class

RyanC883

I think I'd actually have him 2-3 in this class.

This is laughable. He was 3-4 in last year's class. This year's class is MUCH better.

Oh, and this has been discussed in detail in multiple places.

Edited by SBUffalo

I had Manuel rated as a 3rd round pick last year but still the most upside in that weak QB class- I think EJ has a lot of things you'd like in a QB size, mobility, strong arm, big hands, leadership, intelligence but he does seem to lacking some things, if those things can be acquired through hard work then I think we will be ok ,if they are innate things you have or don't then we are in trouble.

In regard to reality one flaw in this notion is that Manuel is not in this year's senior class.

Any year's draft is an interactive competition wholly based on the realities of who is available and who is picked where that year. Trying to compare players draft positions across years is simply an incorrect fantasy which lives in the illusion that any GMs rankings have an absolute correspondence with reality. As smart as Casserly might be about football, I think he actually had his hands on the trigger of the Skins or Texans when he passed 5-6 times picking Tom Brady.

He has the wonderful QB judgment to his credit of picking bust Heath Shuler as his franchise guy. Casserly dies deserve credit for picking some greats a couple of decades ago but in the past 10 years or so teams should probably feel even better when he disagrees with them.