Aldon Smith is an idiot.

boyst

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw something on twitter saying the 49ers have yet to pick up their option on a fifth year for smith and the deadline to do so is in three weeks. What timing.

They almost have to, otherwise he and Colin kaepernick will both be hitting free agency at the same time (only 1 tag being the problem)

was there any context to this? Did he just say the word bomb in frustration? The guy's past does not really allow me to give him the benefit of doubt but it just seems like such a dumb move even he couldn't do it.

Haven't seen an actual quote yet.... Going out on a limb that it's simply after being chosen for secondary screening he pitched an absolute fit (that much is confirmed) and said something like "yea good work guys I totally have a bomb"

But these guys are full of surprises so who knows what new levels of dumb he might've achieved.

Saw something on twitter saying the 49ers have yet to pick up their option on a fifth year for smith and the deadline to do so is in three weeks. What timing.

Yep he is same time frame as Marcel Dareus. They have until May 3rd. If Im the 49ers I wait. I think they will extend Kaep and then it will only make Smith a FA. But it just seems like they can't trust Smith and I wouldn't pick up that option - he needs to get some things straightened out first. Obviously the Kaep situation needs to play out but that is looking like it might be nothing. A QB is different than a DE - I think they get that deal done.

Yep he is same time frame as Marcel Dareus. They have until May 3rd. If Im the 49ers I wait. I think they will extend Kaep and then it will only make Smith a FA. But it just seems like they can't trust Smith and I wouldn't pick up that option - he needs to get some things straightened out first. Obviously the Kaep situation needs to play out but that is looking like it might be nothing. A QB is different than a DE - I think they get that deal done.

Not to hijack the thread, but the Bills are mere weeks away from having to commit to Dareus. While I'd be shocked if they didn't exercise the option, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

GO BILLS!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but the Bills are mere weeks away from having to commit to Dareus. While I'd be shocked if they didn't exercise the option, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think it is a bad sign if they don't exercise his option,FWIW. They can still give him an extension this year either way.

But the article said he was not intoxicated but appeared as if he had been drinking earlier in the day. Wait a minute...to me that smells like BS. I sometimes drink 4-6 beers at lunch time and by 4pm im out cutting the grass or playing golf. That is the police covering their big fat asses IMO.

But the article said he was not intoxicated but appeared as if he had been drinking earlier in the day. Wait a minute...to me that smells like BS. I sometimes drink 4-6 beers at lunch time and by 4pm im out cutting the grass or playing golf. That is the police covering their big fat asses IMO.

Push or riding mower? Be careful.lol.

I don't think the police really cared if he was drinking - it's not relevant to the charge.

It might be relevant to the 49ers though, didn't Smith just go through rehab?

I don't think the police really cared if he was drinking - it's not relevant to the charge.

Yes and he was drinking enough that he showed up to morning practice drunk, pre-rehab.

in fact, because its not relevant to the charge "appeared he had been drinking earlier" is probably about as far out on a limb as they would want to go unless they were going to pursue some sort of public intox and get a BAC on record.

im not sure theres much covering of butt needed if they have him saying anything bomb related.

You sometimes drink a six pack during lunch?

Now, why would you need to end your point by saying police "covering their big fat asses"? There are many times police question or detain someone temporarily for questioning just to determine what is exactly taking place only to release that individual and say, "Have a nice day"....doesn't mean there was anything nefarious in mind by the officer or law enforcement official, just means they're doing their job by insuring everyone's safety or determining what is at hand...if nothing, there ya go..if something, let's find out what that might be....but in your comment I detect some latent hostility toward members of law enforcement....just a thought