Bundy Ranch

That once again we're provided the perfect story of the perfect idiot to be the perfect foil to get Generation Selfie talking about anything other than the topics and issues that genuinely warrant our full attention.

and who chose the perfect idiot? why it's those braniacs on conservative radio and tv, isn't it?

and now, some are seriously asking the question whether slavery is preferable to a life of freedom. this from people that ostensibly subscribe to libertarianism. whose deciding what's best for someone else now? i thought that's what y'all (unjustly) criticize liberals for. i thought i'd seen championship level examples of hypocrisy in the past but this beats all.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, there is no need because it has no basis on this issue.

So, just to clarify, what Cliven Bundy said has no basis on the issue of the Cliven Bundy Ranch thread?

You sure you want to make that statement?

The best answer I can give is just like this topic and your crusade of race;

I don't have a crusade here. We are discussing the words the man who is the subject of this thread used and their merits. You are the one claiming the statements he made are not racist. Which, is an absurd statement to make. You're wrong, don't run from that by acting like I'm the one on a crusade. It's the topic being discussed.

my answer has nothing to do with your issue and that is just the same as your issue having to do with the major subject.

Again, not my issue. It's Bundy's issue. And since you're commenting in the Bundy thread I figured you'd have more of a backbone. Especially for being such a tough, country strong farmer. Come on, have some sack.

name='jboyst62' timestamp='1398645357' post='3115079'][/b]

Also, I have just been goading him through this process because its been fun to watch how far off the track he will go to cry about racism when it has 0.0% to do with it.

Again, it's the topic of the thread. How does that have 0.0% to do with it?

Too bad progressives don't get this worked up over something relevant. Imagine the good you could finally do.

I'm not a progressive.

Just to make sure you understand, and GreggyPoo does, too... They're nothing alike.

You're right. They're nothing alike and I've never said they were. Not sure where you think I said they were.

But you know what is alike? Your response to both instances. Your first instinct in both cases, before even knowing the topic or understanding the issue, was to defend the guy being accused of being a racist. Why is that?

All I did was point out a rather interesting connection in your own posting history.

Edited by GreggyT

So, just to clarify, what Cliven Bundy said has no basis on the issue of the Cliven Bundy Ranch thread?

You sure you want to make that statement?

I don't have a crusade here. We are discussing the words the man who is the subject of this thread used and their merits. You are the one claiming the statements he made are not racist. Which, is an absurd statement to make. You're wrong, don't run from that by acting like I'm the one on a crusade. It's the topic being discussed.

Again, not my issue. It's Bundy's issue. And since you're commenting in the Bundy thread I figured you'd have more of a backbone. Especially for being such a tough, country strong farmer. Come on, have some sack.

Again, it's the topic of the thread. How does that have 0.0% to do with it?

I'm not a progressive.

You're right. They're nothing alike and I've never said they were. Not sure where you think I said they were.

But you know what is alike? Your response to both instances. Your first instinct in both cases, before even knowing the topic or understanding the issue, was to defend the guy being accused of being a racist. Why is that?

All I did was point out a rather interesting connection in your own posting history.

Yeah, just giving you notice, I am ignoring you now.

Take care, brush your hair. You're not worth my time on this subject or any subject of race.

Slavery is abhorrent, and I'm 100% certain that no one here is advocating a return to it. I'm also 100% certain that some individuals would be better off under slavery, restricted from choice, than they are left to their own devices. Would they be free? Nope, but they aren't free in prison either.

Bumping this thread in hopes of getting Bundy out of the healthcare business.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/132781-cnn-goes-bundy-trolling-racial-issues-gets-retort-black-bodyguard-dont-expect/

Looks like there are plenty of level-headed black people who are waking up to how the lily-white lefty media try to play them:

CNN REPORTER: You’re protecting this man and he’s wondering whether African-Americans would be better off as slaves. How does that strike you?

JASON BULLOCK, BODYGUARD FOR CLIVEN BUNDY: It doesn’t strike me any kind of way. This is still the same old Mr. Bundy I met from the first day of all this happening.

CNN REPORTER: But aren’t those offensive comments to you

BULLOCK: Not at all.

CNN REPORTER: Not offensive?

BULLOCK: Because Mr. Bundy is not a racist. Ever since I’ve been here he’s treated me with nothing but hospitality. He’s pretty much treated me like his own family. …

BULLOCK: I would take a bullet for that man, if need be. I look up to him just like I do my own grandfather.

BULLOCK: Because Mr. Bundy is not a racist. Ever since I’ve been here he’s treated me with nothing but hospitality. He’s pretty much treated me like his own family. …[/size][/font][/color]

Yeah and what's your point? Many slave owners had slave women that were wet nurses for their white children... Just like the family!

Yeah and what's your point? Many slave owners had slave women that were wet nurses for their white children... Just like the family!

I guess the (obvious) point is................That Mr. Bullock knows Mr. Bundy well......................and we do not.

I guess the (obvious) point is................That Mr. Bullock knows Mr. Bundy well......................and we do not.

Maybe so. Still doesn't mean Bullock can downplay what Bundy said about slavery. There have always been people like Bullock that enable guys like Bundy.

Maybe so. Still doesn't mean Bullock can downplay what Bundy said about slavery. There have always been people like Bullock that enable guys like Bundy.

It could also be said that Bundy was lamenting the breakdown in the colored peoples families and comparing that to prior years when their families were intact. Furthermore, what did Bundy actually say about slavery?

Bumping this thread in hopes of getting Bundy out of the healthcare business.

]

BULLOCK: I would take a bullet for that man, if need be. I look up to him just like I do my own grandfather.

So what? What the heck is this suppose to prove?

"A colored guy"

Really?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, and assume you meant "person of color", but try not to make it so difficult going forward.

So I'm curious, is the plan to change the NAACP to the National Association for the Advancement of Persons of Color?

Is the plan to change the CBC to the Congressional People of Color Caucus?

Frankly, most of us would prefer we STOP referring to them by the color of their skin but by the character of their person, but their leaders find it necessary to label themselves. Are they the only ones who can refer to themselves as Colored People or blacks? And if I can't refer to them as that because I'm white, isn't that being racist?

If they want us to stop referring to themselves as Colored People and Blacks, maybe they should lead by example, no?

Edited by LABillzFan

I'm always curious why so many white people get off on being outraged about anyone falling short of taking a mouthful of black dick. Why don't you guys relax a bit. I know a whole lot of black folks, and few, if any, are as genuinely uptight about racism as the Lilly white crowd that so desperately try to constantly prove that they're among the good ones.

I'd like for one of the racially outraged to explain the logical basis of their impassioned position on this issue.