Bundy Ranch

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Oops.

http://www.politico....ndy-105982.html

What does any of this have to do with his rights, perceived or not?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone here has claimed Bundy isn't nuts.

Bundy's only mistake was bringing this up now. The culture of dependency seems to have wreaked havoc on the black community.

Unemployment

" Much has changed for African-Americans since the 1963 March on Washington (which, recall, was a march for “Jobs and Freedom”), but one thing hasn’t: The unemployment rate among blacks is about double that among whites, as it has been for most of the past six decades."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/08/21/through-good-times-and-bad-black-unemployment-is-consistently-double-that-of-whites/

Single mother households 67 %?

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/tables/107-children-in-single-parent-families-by#detailed/1/any/false/868,867,133,38,35/10,168,9,12,1,13,185,11|/432,431

Incarceration 6 times more than white

http://www.prisonpolicy.org/graphs/raceinc.html

Nice job war on poverty. No surprise that NY Times took this out of context and ran with it. I believe all Bundy is saying is that the federal and state governments have screwed the black people by hooking them on hand outs. To control them so they can count on their vote. Never addressing any real issues that may help them. Just cut them enough money to satiate them but not enough to really accomplish much. No core problems solved. Pure evil.

Bundy's only mistake was bringing this up now. The culture of dependency seems to have wreaked havoc on the black community.

There's a pretty wide gulf between slamming the culture of dependency and pining for the days of slavery.

There's a pretty wide gulf between slamming the culture of dependency and pining for the days of slavery.

If you listen to him explain it he wasn't endorsing slavery at all. I think his point was/is that one slavery has been replaced by another. You know the guy is a rancher. I don't think for a minute the guy is racist or crazy.He's been put in this position where everything he does and says is being recorded, interpreted and twisted. You have to be a slippery politician to navigate in these waters. He never should have brought anything like this up. The sad thing is this takes the spotlight off the real creeps.

If you listen to him explain it he wasn't endorsing slavery at all. I think his point was/is that one slavery has been replaced by another. You know the guy is a rancher. I don't think for a minute the guy is racist or crazy.He's been put in this position where everything he does and says is being recorded, interpreted and twisted. You have to be a slippery politician to navigate in these waters. He never should have brought anything like this up. The sad thing is this takes the spotlight off the real creeps.

It doesn't take much twisting to interpret this passage, "And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?"

It doesn't take much twisting to interpret this passage, "And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?"

Even if his comparison isn't quite appropriate I think his intentions in his statements are well intention ed. Dead end subsidized life with little or no hope elevating yourself. Drug and gang infested neighborhoods. Single moms with no male partner to balance out the kids. A mess. Or slavery. I guess the ghetto life is better but how much better? Anyway, for what it's worth he never mentioned "picking cotton" in his statement From Right Scoop. A obvious attempt by the media to exaggerate. Lets make Bundy look like a hick racist. With him discredited so is his cause. So lets ignore the BLM pointing guns and tasering people expressing their freedom of speech. And lets ignore those ridiculous free speech zones and focus on this poor fugger and his mis timed statements.

“That’s exactly what I said. I said I’m wondering if they’re better off under government subsidy, and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail, and their older women and their children are standing, sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do, you know, I’m wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were slaves, and they was able to have their family structure together, and the chickens and garden, and the people had something to do? And so, in my mind I’m wondering, are they better off being slaves, in that sense, or better off being slaves to the United States government, in the sense of the subsidies. I’m wondering. That’s what. And the statement was right. I am wondering.”

http://therightscoop.com/breaking-cliven-bundy-responds-to-charges-of-racism-the-statement-was-right/

Edited by Dante

You are about to find out (edit: this wasn't meant to be ominous or obnoxious. Got cut off mid post) -- over the next news cycle.

His views on slavery vs. dependency should have no bearing on his land rights. Furthermore, those views aren't too far off from what other people have stated, even here on this board. Bundy's way of putting it was just a little less gentile.

the man's been sucking off the land for free for over what is it 20 years?

Some would call that a form of welfare ... sucking off the Federal government for free.

And whats with putting the women on the "front line" ?

Human shields or fodder?

Every time you post something in PPP the song "Fools Rush In, Where Angels Fear To Tread" comes to my mind.

Some would call that a form of welfare ... sucking off the Federal government for free.

And whats with putting the women on the "front line" ?

Human shields or fodder?

Never happened.

During his exclusive interview with Sheriff Richard Mack on Monday, Ben Swann asked the sheriff about that soundbite. Did protestors place women where they could be in the line of fire?

“It was a tactical ploy that I was trying to get them to use.” says Mack. Mack goes on to clarify that the ploy was not adopted and that he was not on the scene during the standoff. He continued by saying that he would risk his own life as well in taking a stand.

“I would have been next. I would have been the next one to be killed. I’m not afraid to die here, I’m willing to die here. But the best ploy would have been to have had women in front because one, I don’t think they would have shot them. Two, if they had it would have been the best thing to show the rest of the world that these ruthless cowards will do anything they are told. If they are told to shoot they will shoot. Just like when they shot Vicki Weaver when they blew her head off in front of her little girl while she was holding a baby.” says Mack.

Sheriff Mack says several women he personally knows who were on the scene volunteered to move to the front of the line. Video from Infowars, which we have shown you gives a very clear picture of exactly what was happening. It is important to note for the purpose of clarity that no formation of women and children in the front line actually took place.

http://benswann.com/truth-did-bundy-ranch-protesters-put-women-between-themselves-and-armed-federal-agents/

Even if his comparison isn't quite appropriate I think his intentions in his statements are well intention ed. Dead end subsidized life with little or no hope elevating yourself. Drug and gang infested neighborhoods. Single moms with no male partner to balance out the kids. A mess. Or slavery. I guess the ghetto life is better but how much better? Anyway, for what it's worth he never mentioned "picking cotton" in his statement From Right Scoop. A obvious attempt by the media to exaggerate. Lets make Bundy look like a hick racist. With him discredited so is his cause. So lets ignore the BLM pointing guns and tasering people expressing their freedom of speech. And lets ignore those ridiculous free speech zones and focus on this poor fugger and his mis timed statements.

“That’s exactly what I said. I said I’m wondering if they’re better off under government subsidy, and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail, and their older women and their children are standing, sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do, you know, I’m wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were slaves, and they was able to have their family structure together, and the chickens and garden, and the people had something to do? And so, in my mind I’m wondering, are they better off being slaves, in that sense, or better off being slaves to the United States government, in the sense of the subsidies. I’m wondering. That’s what. And the statement was right. I am wondering.”

http://therightscoop...ment-was-right/

You do realize that his explanation is not any better, right?

You do realize that his explanation is not any better, right?

NY Times thought is was worse because they deliberately misquoted him. Picking cotton has a racist history to it. Anyway, crappy as slavery was it's possible, in his mind anyway, that the current form of subsidized existence may be worse. Whether he is right or wrong it's just his opinion and there is no racism on his part. To me it's obvious and to you not so much. No where to go from here.

Illegally.

Most would simply call it "illegal."

NY Times thought is was worse because they deliberately misquoted him. Picking cotton has a racist history to it. Anyway, crappy as slavery was it's possible, in his mind anyway, that the current form of subsidized existence may be worse. Whether he is right or wrong it's just his opinion and there is no racism on his part. To me it's obvious and to you not so much. No where to go from here.

Here is how clueless that argument is. Bundy is suggesting that at least blacks had the stability of a two-parent family structure during slavery. In reality slaves were not allowed to marry or raise families.

What Bundy did was let his guard down and revealed what is really behind his made-up fantasy world. People like Bundy, the people who showed up with their guns, the people in militias, are all STILL fighting the Civil War. Posse Comitatus. They can't get over the fact that back people are allowed to walk the streets much less get elected to public office.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Here is how clueless that argument is. Bundy is suggesting that at least blacks had the stability of a two-parent family structure during slavery. In reality slaves were not allowed to marry or raise families.

What Bundy did was let his guard down and revealed what is really behind his made-up fantasy world. People like Bundy, the people who showed up with their guns, the people in militias, are all STILL fighting the Civil War. Posse Comitatus. They can't get over the fact that back people are allowed to walk the streets much less get elected to public office.

Or their children could be sold away, what great family values! Great post.

So you got all that from a few things this guy said. You're a pretty perceptive guy.

He's either a racist or an unmitigated idiot.

Take your pick.

Edited by GG