Bills Release DE Kourtnei Brown; Claimed by Detroit

Pettine gone has changed the needs.

And its showing.

Mike woulda kept Carrington i think

Brown might have stayed as depth.

I still dont have feel for what Jim is going to bring to the defense.Or what he is going to field . Maybe thats a good thing. No film on Jims defense since Titans. Gotta seperate HC from DC stylings .

This could be an advantage ?

Carrington's agent is Eugene Parker,after the good faith the Bills had shown Byrd and not tagging the guy, and he bolts at the first sniff at any offer not from the Bills, I highly doubt they would have handled him any different.

Carrington's agent is Eugene Parker,after the good faith the Bills had shown Byrd and not tagging the guy, and he bolts at the first sniff at any offer not from the Bills, I highly doubt they would have handled him any different.

Yep. The love for a guy who in what 4 years blocks a couple kicks and not much else, no loss

Yep. The love for a guy who in what 4 years blocks a couple kicks and not much else, no loss

Not really my point .

Carrington was spoken highly of numerous times by Pettine .

Def Cs know a little more than me. : )

so thats what i based my statement upon. Now Brown is gone. New DC is going to have different desires i guess.

But you do have the point Carrington was mostly potential as compared to proven

Pettine gone has changed the needs.

And its showing.

Mike woulda kept Carrington i think

Brown might have stayed as depth.

I still dont have feel for what Jim is going to bring to the defense.Or what he is going to field . Maybe thats a good thing. No film on Jims defense since Titans. Gotta seperate HC from DC stylings .

This could be an advantage ?

I feel like his Detroit defense had really small DE's and LB's...which I do not like.

He seems like the kind of coach who would love a Keith Ellison. He played Ronnell Lewis at DE and he is 6-2, 240 lbs. A perfect example of this would have been him drafting Doug Hogue (6-2, 235) in the 5th round of the 2011 draft.

His LB's back in 2012 were Stephen Tulloch (5-11, 230), Deandre Levy (6-2, 230), Justin Durant (6-3, 230), Ashlee Palmer (6-1, 223) and Travis Lewis (6-1, 246)...some DE's were Willie Young (6-5, 251), Lawrence Jackson (6-5, 261), and Cliff Avril (6-3, 252).

So, looking at that...I think two things...

1.) Are these really the size of players that will hold up in our division and the kind of game we want to play?

2.) If he got any success out of those guys...why can't a Manny Lawson be a DE in his scheme? He has the size of Young, Avril, etc.

Just a couple things that I got thinking about when looking at the players he drafted and used in his scheme...I don't like the fit.

I feel like his Detroit defense had really small DE's and LB's...which I do not like.

He seems like the kind of coach who would love a Keith Ellison. He played Ronnell Lewis at DE and he is 6-2, 240 lbs. A perfect example of this would have been him drafting Doug Hogue (6-2, 235) in the 5th round of the 2011 draft.

His LB's back in 2012 were Stephen Tulloch (5-11, 230), Deandre Levy (6-2, 230), Justin Durant (6-3, 230), Ashlee Palmer (6-1, 223) and Travis Lewis (6-1, 246)...some DE's were Willie Young (6-5, 251), Lawrence Jackson (6-5, 261), and Cliff Avril (6-3, 252).

So, looking at that...I think two things...

1.) Are these really the size of players that will hold up in our division and the kind of game we want to play?

2.) If he got any success out of those guys...why can't a Manny Lawson be a DE in his scheme? He has the size of Young, Avril, etc.

Just a couple things that I got thinking about when looking at the players he drafted and used in his scheme...I don't like the fit.

Lets hope he can flex his thinking then. Build on the players we have and what they were doing last year.

The NFL is ever changing and so should Jim. Marrone saw a Bills defense that caused Offenses some trouble last year , and were at the top of the league statistically. I think Doug has strong suggestions as to how Jim will scheme.

Thanks for the details Bob ! much appreciated

Im really liking that D linemen we brought in from Canada last year

Stefan Charles? Is that him? I wasn't very impressed with him in the last game but saw flashes of possibility.

Edit: he plays very big despite his lack of technique leverage and strength. I think with better coaching he will put together a better skill set designed around his ability to cover space and absorb blockers.

Edited by jboyst62