COWHER gets shot in at DONAHOE and the Bills.....

Friday......he was describing what Tommy Maddox has meant to the development of Roethlisberger and the team in general.

He said in his press conference that "Well obviously, he looked good in our exhibition game at Buffalo the last week of the season." Then Cowher chuckled, and said, I mean regular season game.

As much as an !@#$ comment that was.......I like that he made that game mean more to the Steelers than the Bills did.

It was an obvious shot at TD and MM, and all of the press laughed along with Cowher.

I HATE THE STEELERS, but I can't sit here and say they didn't want it more than we did.

Makes me sick!

We deserve all the shots that the other teams throw at us until we actually make the playoffs.  We sh*t the bed in that last game against a bunch of nobodies, we deserve other teams laughing at us.

215195[/snapback]

We couldn't stop their 41st string QB... shoot away...

Friday......he was describing what Tommy Maddox has meant to the development of Roethlisberger and the team in general.

He said in his press conference that "Well obviously, he looked good in our exhibition game at Buffalo the last week of the season."  Then Cowher chuckled, and said, I mean regular season game. 

As much as an !@#$ comment that was.......I like that he made that game mean more to the Steelers than the Bills did. 

It was an obvious shot at TD and MM, and all of the press laughed along with Cowher.

I HATE THE STEELERS, but I can't sit here and say they didn't want it more than we did.

Makes me sick!

215191[/snapback]

I know there are at least a handful of us on here - myself included - who think this sealed Drew's fate........If we had crapped the bed against any other team's JV sqaud, it would have been totally different than what actually happened. Asses will fly because of that game......it's already started coming to the forefront with Bledsoe.

I know there are at least a handful of us on here - myself included - who think this sealed Drew's fate........If we had crapped the bed against any other team's JV sqaud, it would have been totally different than what actually happened.

215198[/snapback]

The post had nothing to do with Drew Bledsoe, so crusade away. But yes, we, as a team looked pathetic!

We deserve all the shots that the other teams throw at us until we actually make the playoffs.  We sh*t the bed in that last game against a bunch of nobodies, we deserve other teams laughing at us.

215195[/snapback]

Agreed. God, I hope that game is eating at Donahoe and Mularkey so we don't sit around on the roster configured the way it is now!

I know there are at least a handful of us on here - myself included - who think this sealed Drew's fate........If we had crapped the bed against any other team's JV sqaud, it would have been totally different than what actually happened.  Asses will fly because of that game......it's already started coming to the forefront with Bledsoe.

215198[/snapback]

Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can take a step forward.

GO JP!!!

215195[/snapback]

Yep...No real comebacks when you choke like a choking bunch of chokers... :rolleyes:

The post had nothing to do with Drew Bledsoe, so crusade away.  But yes, we, as a team looked pathetic!

215199[/snapback]

Has nothing to do with a crusade, bro.........My point was that as much as it still would have sucked to lose to ANY team that day, the fact that it was the Steelers is obviously very significant. Certain aspects of this team are going to be the focus of TDs anger, and I would be willing to bet it has a lot to do with him already talking about Bledsoe and pay cuts. There is no need for any crusade any more......it's already over with.

Certain aspects of this team are going to be the focus of TDs anger, and I would be willing to bet it has a lot to do with him already talking about Bledsoe and pay cuts.

215211[/snapback]

when did donahoe say anthing about "bledsoe and pay cuts"??? all he said was the position would be evaluted, just like every other position......what are these comments you refer to?

when did donahoe say anthing about "bledsoe and pay cuts"??? all he said was the position would be evaluted, just like every other position......what are these comments you refer to?

215243[/snapback]

It was a Mort report from last weekend.......Several people posted about it on the board. Apparently TD has said that the QB position will be addressed within two weeks (from last weekend) and that Bledsoe will either have to take a pay cut or GET cut.

It was a Mort report from last weekend.......Several people posted about it on the board. Apparently TD has said that the QB position will be addressed within two weeks (from last weekend) and that Bledsoe will either have to take a pay cut or GET cut.

215248[/snapback]

right, a report from mort, rumours and gossip......it wasn't TD who said that, so i'm unclear as to why you'd associate that comment with him and say those are his remarks when that is obviously not the case......he hasn't even confirmed that is actually what is going on behind the scenes and until he does, it's merely media speculation.......

right, a report from mort, rumours and gossip......it wasn't TD who said that, so i'm unclear as to why you'd associate that comment with him and say those are his remarks when that is obviously not the case......he hasn't even confirmed that is actually what is going on behind the scenes and until he does, it's merely media speculation.......

215251[/snapback]

I don't think anything is 'obvious' at this point, other than the fact that TD said he's going to have something to announce about the QB position in two weeks. That much he is on record as saying. Beyond that, don't shoot the messenger, bro. You don't know what TD said to Mort any more than I do.......but there is more evidence to support Drew being on the hot seat at OBD than there is to the contrary.