Buffalo running for their lives! (Yellowstone animals leaving&#33

boyst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_csBXWlUA4

Footage appears to show bison and other animals in an exodus from the park causing a number of bloggers to speculate this could mean the volcano is about to explode, The Epoch Times reports.

The authors say that an earthquake that hit the area on 30 March appeared to have sent the animals scurrying for safety, and that this is could spell disaster for the volcano, which last erupted 640,000 years ago.

Article: HERE

Well, Beerball ruined the fun. See! <--click on. It's from Snopes.

Edited by jboyst62

It is also noted that this is not unusal.

They have been seen doing this every year @ this time. "They run because they can." They are not leaving. Actually they are running from Mammoth Hot Springs to deeper into the park.

It is stupid how this stuff goes viral. Again, they do this every spring.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It is also noted that this is not unusal.

They have been seen doing this every year @ this time. "They run because they can." They are not leaving. Actually they are running from Mammoth Hot Springs to deeper into the park.

It is stupid how this stuff goes viral. Again, they do this every spring.

You know, as soon as Beerball told me about the Snopes thing - well it was like your Lake Norman thing. I remember researching Bison/Buffalo in Ag. It said that every day they will run around the perimeter fencing and often times go thru it if they do not have enough range land. Also that come every season they seem to just walk around in circles for days like they're migrating. It made sense that they were just doing their traveling.

Actually pretty amazing that they stick to the opposite side of the road. They are pretty astute drivers.

They yield to slower traffic, too. They don't text or record videos, either.

Don't you want to go walk, bike riding or for a drive in the country when it finally warms up in the spring?

You mean like I do every day in the warm weather we already have? :nana:

My feet are sunburned. :censored:

You mean like I do every day in the warm weather we already have? :nana:

My feet are sunburned. :censored:

I'm in the CA Central Valley east of the SF area.

Monday it will be 84 and Tuesday 89. :nana:

I'm sure, if the buffalo were trying to escape an imminent disaster like the eruption of Yellowstone, they'd stick to the road and follow traffic laws.

People wouldn't even do that.

I'm just happy they weren't traveling in the left lane and forcing angry rednecks to drive off the road.