Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

Seriously, is he dumb? Or just crazy? If he is really serious about owning a team (which I have my doubts, I think he just wants his name in the news), why doesn't he jsut STFU? He's so desperate for attention it's pathetic. He probably googles his name every hour to see if anyone is talking about him.

You should read the article and not just the headline. Trump also said Sterling's comments were "terrible and despicable and he should be punished". Saying the guy was set up by a bad girlfriend is simply stating facts.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, is he dumb? Or just crazy? If he is really serious about owning a team (which I have my doubts, I think he just wants his name in the news), why doesn't he jsut STFU? He's so desperate for attention it's pathetic. He probably googles his name every hour to see if anyone is talking about him.

He didn't condone the comments. He just said that both of these people are bad people. She is knew exactly what she was doing and did set him up. I guarantee that was not the first time he made those comments.

You should read the article and not just the headline. Trump also said Sterling's comments were "terrible and despicable and he should be punished". Saying the guy was set up by a bad girlfriend is simply stating facts.

If you're a racist idiot that has been evading the repercussions of your (well-documented) views for years, you are bound to be set up at some point. Saying the guy was set up by a bad girlfriend suggests that everything would be OK, as long as most people don't know about these views.

If you're a racist idiot that has been evading the repercussions of your (well-documented) views for years, you are bound to be set up at some point. Saying the guy was set up by a bad girlfriend suggests that everything would be OK, as long as most people don't know about these views.

I don't think ANYONE is debating that Sterling is a racist, including Trump. You are making a huge assumption by saying that Trump bringing up the girlfriend was a way to say everything would be okay otherwise, HUGE ASSUMPTION!

I don't think ANYONE is debating that Sterling is a racist, including Trump. You are making a huge assumption by saying that Trump bringing up the girlfriend was a way to say everything would be okay otherwise, HUGE ASSUMPTION!

Just quoting from the article above, because we're debating the context.

“She’s called the girlfriend from hell, but what he said was terrible and despicable and very strong action is going to be taken. There’s no question about it,” Trump said of Sterling’s girlfriend. “She’s a terrible human being and he gave horrible answers and disgusting answers.”

I'm just not understanding what makes her a terrible human being in this whole ordeal. What would make her a better human being? The obvious implication is that her role in leaking this tape makes her horrible. If there is something I'm not getting right here, like she forgot Sterling's birthday or something, please fill me in.

He didn't condone the comments. He just said that both of these people are bad people. She is knew exactly what she was doing and did set him up. I guarantee that was not the first time he made those comments.

No, he just deflected the blame to the girlfriend.

Just quoting from the article above, because we're debating the context.

“She’s called the girlfriend from hell, but what he said was terrible and despicable and very strong action is going to be taken. There’s no question about it,” Trump said of Sterling’s girlfriend. “She’s a terrible human being and he gave horrible answers and disgusting answers.”

I'm just not understanding what makes her a terrible human being in this whole ordeal. What would make her a better human being? The obvious implication is that her role in leaking this tape makes her horrible. If there is something I'm not getting right here, like she forgot Sterling's birthday or something, please fill me in.

I think the point Trump is making is that his girlfriend recorded a private conversation and made it public. She took the trust he had for her and betrayed it. I think we can all agree that isn't a nice thing to do. I think that's all Trump was implying. BTW, so this thread doesn't get completely off point and my post aren't misconstrued, I replied to C Biscuit's post where he said "dumb, crazy and not fit to be an owner" because he said the girlfriend did a bad thing, IN ADDITION to the despicable thing Sterling did.

Just look at Trump's Twitter. He writes tons of terrible things. He likes to bully people. And Sterling is a POS. Who cares how it got out?

I think the point Trump is making is that his girlfriend recorded a private conversation and made it public. She took the trust he had for her and betrayed it. I think we can all agree that isn't a nice thing to do. I think that's all Trump was implying. BTW, so this thread doesn't get completely off point and my post aren't misconstrued, I replied to C Biscuit's post where he said "dumb, crazy and not fit to be an owner" because he said the girlfriend did a bad thing, IN ADDITION to the despicable thing Sterling did.

It's a bad thing to expose a racist? What if he admitted to beating women? Or cheating on his taxes?

Maybe she did void his trust. But personally, I love when ccrappy human beings get exposed.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I think if you look at Sterling's record in a wide variety of playing fields, you might get a good measure of what the man's trust is worth. I think it's pretty secondary to his conduct and his beliefs.

Just look at Trump's Twitter. He writes tons of terrible things. He likes to bully people. And Sterling is a POS. Who cares how it got out?

It's a bad thing to expose a racist? What if he admitted to beating women? Or cheating on his taxes?

Maybe she did void his trust. But personally, I love when ccrappy human beings get exposed.

I don't think I said exposing a racist is a bad thing, did I ? All I said is that Trump pointed out that his girlfriend betrayed him.

I think if you look at Sterling's record in a wide variety of playing fields, you might get a good measure of what the man's trust is worth. I think it's pretty secondary to his conduct and his beliefs.

Agree 100%. Sterling is a POS and you won't draw me into an attempt to defend his actions. I have read about the man,and the appropriate question should be, why didn't the NBA or someone else take this guy down years ago. There's enough in his past to bury him without this last transgression.

I don't think I said exposing a racist is a bad thing, did I ? All I said is that Trump pointed out that his girlfriend betrayed him.

It strikes me that Trump said this because he's said a lot of terrible things that he doesn't want to get out. JMO. But my main point is, why even comment? This is Trump's MO. He needs to add his 2 cents into everything. You think he won't meddle with everything the team does? He is a media whore and the exact opposite of what this team needs.

Agree 100%. Sterling is a POS and you won't draw me into an attempt to defend his actions. I have read about the man,and the appropriate question should be, why didn't the NBA or someone else take this guy down years ago. There's enough in his past to bury him without this last transgression.

Because David Stern is a freaking clown.

Somewhere on the radio this morning someone said Sterling had asked his G/F to tape their conversations (not only the one that came out). I find that Very hard to believe. If someone finds a link to substantiate that let me know.

It strikes me that Trump said this because he's said a lot of terrible things that he doesn't want to get out. JMO. But my main point is, why even comment? This is Trump's MO. He needs to add his 2 cents into everything. You think he won't meddle with everything the team does? He is a media whore and the exact opposite of what this team needs.

That's who he is. But why does being a "media whore" as you say, disqualify him to be an NFL owner ? Before I get into a pissing match on advocating Trump as owner, I'll go on record as saying he is not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice. But, all of us should take his candidacy seriously, because he has the money, the connections and the moxie to make it happen, and, as far as I know, he's the only official candidate that has said he wants to buy the team and keep it in Buffalo.

He may well be a clown but there is a very good reason he's doing nothing about Stirling...he's not the NBA commissioner anymore. :doh:

We know that, I think the point is, why didn't Stern do anything that past decade+, when he WAS the commissioner. Edited by TXBILLSFAN