Source: Bills could have new owner as soon as October

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 19m

Source: Bills won't ease into sale process, could have new owner as early as October http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/04/03/source-bills-wont-ease-sale-process-new-owner-early-october/ …

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 24s

Fact that @ByTimGraham reporting #Bills could be sold by OCT, to me, says team might be preparing to sell to group it planned for all along

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like they already have a new owner in mind and they want to get the ball rolling as soon as possible to make it happen. This could be good or bad. Not sure how to feel about this yet

Sounds to me like they already have a new owner in mind and they want to get the ball rolling as soon as possible to make it happen. This could be good or bad. Not sure how to feel about this yet

I think that it can only be positive with the lease in place. No one is lined up to buy the team to move in 6 years. If this were 2018 I may agree that it could go either way. The timing can only be positive.

Also, if there were talks I am confident that RW was looking for an owner to keep the team in WNY. If they are talking about a new owner in October these talks have had to have taken place. Ralph hated relocation and voted against all of them.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that it can only be positive with the lease in place. No one is lined up to buy the team to move in 6 years. If this were 2018 I may agree that it could go either way. The timing can only be positive.

Generally it's positive but I don't think it rules anything out. Especially if the angle is Toronto not LA.

Really? Going out on a limb there, eh?

Generally it's positive but I don't think it rules anything out. Especially if the angle is Toronto not LA.

I know that when the Hornets/Pelicans sold it was about a year and a half process. There were really 3 candidates from that point on (Benson, Chouest and the bathing suit company guy whose name escapes me).

This leads me to believe that we are not starting from scratch if a sale could be done in October. I feel pretty confident that any candidates that RW may have talked to intended on keeping the team in WNY. I don't think that he was opening negotiations with an LA group for example.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Been telling you guys this. Mary Wilson does not want the team this was made clear years ago. Ralphs will said to sell it ASAP based on league rules, that has been known (and apparently ignored) as well. Now for the final part fans ignore, an owner CAN Move the bills and pretty much ignore the 400 mill fine. No Court will ever force a person or business to be a tenant. AND WNY must prove to a court they suffered 400 million in damages and they will never be able to. Now a new owner may keep the team here, but fans need to quit wishing and start dealing in facts.

I know that when the Hornets/Pelicans sold it was about a year and a half process. There were really 3 candidates from that point on (Benson, Chouest and the bathing suit company guy whose name escapes me).

This leads me to believe that we are not starting from scratch if a sale could be done in October. I feel pretty confident that any candidates that RW may have talked to intended on keeping the team in WNY. I don't think that he was opening negotiations with an LA group for example.

OR....They told Ralph they would keep them here just to BS him into being the front runner. Not everyone is honest in Business, sorry to bust that bubble.

Really? Going out on a limb there, eh?

Thanks smarty pants. I followed that by saying I'm not sure which way I think it's going to go yet. I want to have hope that someone with local ties is the buyer but I have a bad feeling that it's someone involved with Toronto