Fort Hood, 04/02/2014

I do not even like to think about events like this. My thoughts and heart is with all of the victims today, yesterday and the past. Its a damn shame and such violence of any sort is inexcusable.

Debating what rights we should or should not have, debating morality and ethics - none of that brings anyone back and does not do anyone justice.

Debating what rights we should or should not have, debating morality and ethics - none of that brings anyone back and does not do anyone justice.

But it can help keep events like this from having such tolls in the future. Let's say, for example, that after the first Ft. Hood shooting it was decided after debate that soldiers there should be allowed to carry loaded firearms.

Just a thought.

I do not even like to think about events like this. My thoughts and heart is with all of the victims today, yesterday and the past. Its a damn shame and such violence of any sort is inexcusable.

I'm with you. a lot of people in the Austin area have either worked at Fort Hood, were stationed there, or know someone currently serving there. events like this have a very strong impact on many people here, and most of the local public's attention at this point is focused on the tragic loss of life, and support & prayers for those who have lost someone.

But it can help keep events like this from having such tolls in the future. Let's say, for example, that after the first Ft. Hood shooting it was decided after debate that soldiers there should be allowed to carry loaded firearms.

Just a thought.

I am with you. But I am talking more about the political debates that beat this issue down to a pulp and pit one "side" vs another.

We all need to be on the same side - and that is helping the mentally ill, speaking up against violence and just being nice to each other.

If the idiots in Washington spent more time preaching the simple moralities of life instead of pointing fingers I have a feeling it'd do more good then saying the other side is to blame.

If the idiots in Washington spent more time preaching the simple moralities of life instead of pointing fingers I have a feeling it'd do more good then saying the other side is to blame.

There's no question. The problem is...there's no money in that. And DC is all about cash and virtually nothing to do with citizenship.

Edited by LABillzFan

Just a thought.

What kind of country has a military that can't carry guns? The kind that is totally upside down on just about everything.

I am with you. But I am talking more about the political debates that beat this issue down to a pulp and pit one "side" vs another.

We all need to be on the same side - and that is helping the mentally ill, speaking up against violence and just being nice to each other.

This should be the focus of all discussion on stuff like this. If politicians were truly concerned about protecting people instead of exploiting situations to advance a total government control agenda.

There's no question. The problem is...there's no money in that. And DC is all about cash and virtually nothing to do with citizenship.

that is why we need to return our government to a unit of the people, by the people and for the people. DC does not listen to the public any more and every day, every year regardless of the party in office they simply make themselves more powerful and distant from the public.

What kind of country has a military that can't carry guns? The kind that is totally upside down on just about everything.

This should be the focus of all discussion on stuff like this. If politicians were truly concerned about protecting people instead of exploiting situations to advance a total government control agenda.

guns don't kill people. People kill people. It makes me think of the show American Dad. Stan puts a gun on the table and tells it to kill. It obviously doesn't.

Until we treat the mentally ill there are always going to be issues of violence. I do not know of more regulations need to be made, or if certain checks should be done. But I know many things that do not effect firearm abuse. One person is too many.

In this clear case it is plain to see that you cannot simply remove the weapon from the soldier.

guns don't kill people. People kill people. It makes me think of the show American Dad. Stan puts a gun on the table and tells it to kill. It obviously doesn't.

Until we treat the mentally ill there are always going to be issues of violence. I do not know of more regulations need to be made, or if certain checks should be done. But I know many things that do not effect firearm abuse. One person is too many.

In this clear case it is plain to see that you cannot simply remove the weapon from the soldier.

Maybe they should look into the prescribed drugs these guys are on as well.

Now we are hearing about PTSD. This guy was in Iraq for a few months.

He was transporting vehicles for removal from the country. He was nowhere near and residual conflict. PSTD my ass.

He was transporting vehicles for removal from the country. He was nowhere near and residual conflict. PSTD my ass.

Sadly, that "diagnosis" is a standard fallback for lazy journalism.

My buddy from college was an officer in Iraq- he was there only 6 months and told me he has seen counseling for years just to deal wiht some of the things he saw while he was there. He think of himself lucky because he doesn't remember his Humvee getting nailed, he broke his arm, ribs, wrist, pelvis and leg and doesn't recall a thing until he woke up in Germany.

I don't think it takes much for PTSD-

Also, lets wait until the full investigation- as should the journalists.