Paul Ryan's Budget Proposal

no it just shows that the R's have a long way to go to show a united front.

I will agree that wasteful Gov't spending needs to be cut and not increased. To do that you need END the wars today and bring out kids home.

If you want to cut medicare and offer pay per plan medicare you are dooming the elderly, this would be essentially force the elderly to go w/o insurance.

it's one thing to SLASH everything its another to realize what damage it would do.

If the Ryan budget goes - Red States beware - ALL aid for Hurricanes, tornado's, floods and drought will be gone!!!

No crops due to drought? too F'ing bad, starve :censored: .

Cows dying due to drought? too F'ing bad, starve :censored: .

how is it that cutting wasteful government spending is to immediately end our involvement in wars, but not to reduce or eliminate spending in areas that are already in existence in both the private sector as well as state and local governments? much of what the left deems to be important government spending and 'caring for american citizens' already happens on a local level. why does it never occur to them that if the federal government took less for purposes of helping people, then that money can stay where it is most needed to help people?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it just shows that the R's have a long way to go to show a united front.

So, post a link to a Sarah Palin facebook comment that actually says that she disagreed with Paul Ryan's budget and make it look like she agrees with the left, when in reality she doesn't think Ryan went far enough. You either didn't read the comments you linked to or deliberately tried to mislead the rest of us. Every time you visit here you try to pull some kind of schit. Haven't you figured out by now it doesn't work?

yup, curl up and die

What do people call Farm Aid?

or the yearly Farm Bill??

Like being thrown under the bus” was how organic farmers and others in the industry described their fate a little more than a year ago when Congress failed to agree on a new farm bill and instead extended the 2008 version.

Continues USDA Rural Development programs. Provides $15 million to support rural business development and growth

real people must starve but a business must thrive

hahhhahahahahahahahahah the farm bill. You are funny.

Yeah. $15mm is wasted on Ag. Yup. But let's give $1.5b to somoenone who can't even grow a dandelion.

He seeks to reform medicare and medicade, and turn them into healthy, sustainable programs that can be used to service the elderly and truly needy for the next 100 or more years. I understand how you might not realize this, however, given that you haven't read this, or any related portion of the Ryan budget by your own admission, and instead are regurgitating drivel you read in an Op-Ed.

Your handling of the English language continues to stun.

I'm not sure what's worse, your writing ability, or your reading comprehension.

Reread what I wrote, slowly and carefully this time, and then try again.

What are you trying to do, throw every last stupid dodge at the wall and hope it something, anything sticks? Massively slashing funding for a program isn't reform, it's cruel, evil and malicious. Your defense of this is simply stupid

What are you trying to do, throw every last stupid dodge at the wall and hope it something, anything sticks? Massively slashing funding for a program isn't reform, it's cruel, evil and malicious. Your defense of this is simply stupid

Tell me, where is the funding going to come from?

The is nothing in that budget proposal that blows my mind. I still think we are going in the worng direction for Healthcare at all level whether it be Seniors, the Poor, etc. I am not sure block granting Medicaid is evil, but then again, I think overall we are digging our own grave with regards to healthcare and how its delivered and how it is paid for.

What struck me about that proposal is all the things the Federal Government is involved in, and whether they really need to be involved at all.

What struck me about that proposal is all the things the Federal Government is involved in, and whether they really need to be involved at all.

That's because you, like most people, are not paying attention. Now add on the state and local governments and it's almost criminal.

That's because you, like most people, are not paying attention. Now add on the state and local governments and it's almost criminal.

I know the Federal Government is involved in many things it right should not be, but to see so many specific examples is overwhelming.

More than anything in that proposal that Americans should be getting behind is a flat tax or some sort- we just finshed our taxes, owe a bunch yet again, on top of quaterly payments- and my wife and I just sat there looking at the stack of forms thinking "christ, there has to be an easier way"- an easy, flat tax on income or property or consumption makes so much more sense from strictly and efficiency standpoint. The tax code is an abomination, but I do understand a politicans motivation for keeping it status quo.

McCutcheon tells us, to an extent that even Citizens United hadn’t quite, that Chief Justice John Roberts detests this electoral redistributionism, and as Jeffrey Toobin wrote this week, has as his goal “the deregulation of American political campaigns.” Roberts’s opinion says: “It is not an acceptable governmental objective to ‘level the playing field.’” You can’t ask for it to be put more plainly than that. (Roberts doesn’t face voters and has a job for life and can speak with more candor than senators.)

Savagely fighting the delivery of health care to financially struggling people; slashing the federal programs that help these people get by; rigging elections so that rich conservatives (who outnumber rich liberals substantially) have more control over who wins them. These may seem disparate battles, especially the third one, but the motivation in each case is the same: Protect the well-off from redistribution of their wealth to those who don’t deserve it.

You’ll rarely hear an elected Republican admit this. But it’s usually the motivation. And we saw it this week in starker relief than we usually do. But don’t despair too much: They may yet prevail on campaign spending, but Ryan is going to lose, and Obamacare is going to win. So maybe, even though they won’t talk about it openly, people are onto them anyway.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/04/a-most-revealing-week-for-republicans.html