Paul Ryan's Budget Proposal

Yup. Ryan's budget proposal was one sentence. We will balance the budget by incrementally slashing people's health care only.

Sorry, I see your point. He slashes/eliminates people's access to health care in paragraphs, not sentences and we are all going to die anyway, so its all good! And Democrats are bad for trying to enslave the poor by giving them health care. You are a POS

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I see your point. He slashes/eliminates people's access to health care in paragraphs, not sentences and we are all going to die anyway, so its all good! And Democrats are bad for trying to enslave the poor by giving them health care. You are a POS

There's a significant rise in the number of people who die because they're unable to get information.

True story.

No, it's incrementally reducing people's dependence on government; which we can no longer afford to provide, and puts us on a sustainable path. The reality is, that it would actually be immoral to continue to proceed with an expansion of services, or even the status quo, pretending that nothing was wrong, and kicking the can down the road, until we got to a point where collapse was inevitable, which would actually starve the sick, the elderly, and the infirm. If you have any true desire to have government services for these individuals, than the only moral way to proceed to to make those services solvent.

Oh, I see, it good for everyone that people can't go to a doctor! Hooray! I be it's even more healthy for those that can't get care. Here I thought you guys were just filthy Nazis, but you are actually curing people by making them stand on their own two feet, unless their feet get infected or something.

Thanks for saving western civilization for us!

Oh so you're read his budget proposal. I'm sorry I didn't realize that. Did you hear evil Dick Cheney didn't like it?

Pure evil. Talk about war on the poor. Savagely slashing health care for the poor like this is cruel, mean spirited and wrong. I'm sure it will be wildly popular in the tea party, though. What the hell are those people going to do if they get, sick, injured or need information? Die?

http://www.nytimes.c...-budget.html?hp

yup, curl up and die

What do people call Farm Aid?

or the yearly Farm Bill??

Like being thrown under the bus” was how organic farmers and others in the industry described their fate a little more than a year ago when Congress failed to agree on a new farm bill and instead extended the 2008 version.

Continues USDA Rural Development programs. Provides $15 million to support rural business development and growth

real people must starve but a business must thrive

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Oh so you're read his budget proposal. I'm sorry I didn't realize that. Did you hear evil Dick Cheney didn't like it?

Oh please Chef, didn't you read the original post, where Gator (continues to) demonstrates that he doesn't have the first clue about Paul Ryan's lack of support from conservatives (re: T.E. A. Party) .

He actually believes that we agree with his plans simply because we are Republicans.......................laughably clueless.

Oh, I see, it good for everyone that people can't go to a doctor! Hooray! I be it's even more healthy for those that can't get care. Here I thought you guys were just filthy Nazis, but you are actually curing people by making them stand on their own two feet, unless their feet get infected or something.

Thanks for saving western civilization for us!

What prevents individuals from going to the doctor? I mean, other than the ACA, of course, which is already working to create doctor shortages.

What prevents individuals from going to the doctor? I mean, other than the ACA, of course, which is already working to create doctor shortages.

And already working to explicitly prevent people from going to the doctor, by limiting networks.

The arguments about the ACA are starting to become less polarized by "Democrat" vs. "Republican," and starting to polarize more along the lines of "those that know the difference between health coverage and health care," and "idiots."

Lack of funds, maybe?

Your solution to an alleged doctor shortage is to eliminate demand for doctors by cutting off the funds available for people to see doctors? You don't see that as immoral?

Well, I do, and your immoral attempts to justify taking away people's health care are sickening

And you don't see

:lol:

It's Mr. Emoticon!

Even Sarah Palin said that this budget was crap

Sarah Palin: Paul Ryan budget plan a 'joke'

So, do you think Ryan's plan goes far enough or not far enough? From your link:

Sarah Palin has a message from one former vice presidential candidate to another: Rep. Paul Ryan, your budget is a “joke.”

The House Budget Committee chairman released his annual budget proposal Tuesday, and the wish list of GOP priorities includes big changes to Medicare and food stamps and ending control over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

But while Ryan’s budget is well-received among many conservatives, the former Alaska governor said the plan doesn’t do nearly enough.

(PHOTOS: Sarah Palin’s career)

“The latest Ryan (R, Wisconsin) budget is not an April Fool’s joke,” Palin wrote on herFacebook page Tuesday. “But it really IS a joke because it is STILL not seeing the problem; it STILL is not proposing reining in wasteful government overspending TODAY, instead of speculating years out that some future Congress and White House may possibly, hopefully, eh-who-knows, take responsibility for today’s budgetary selfishness and shortsightedness to do so.”

“THIS is the definition of insanity,” she continued.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Lack of funds, maybe?

That has never been a problem in the American system. Medicare and Medicaid ensure this. Additionally, clinics are available for the truely destitute, hospitals cannot turn away individuals for their inability to pay, and most have huge endowments which are used to cover care for the indigent. Until recently catastrophic plans were available for next to nothing; and doctors offer hugely reduced rates to patients who pay with cash. No one in America went without care or access unless they chose to go without care or access.

Your solution to an alleged doctor shortage is to eliminate demand for doctors by cutting off the funds available for people to see doctors?

My solution was to not implement a plan that lead to a doctor shortage; and to expand the doctor supply by eliminating government interference and a host needless and counter-productive regulations, making the occupation more attractive.

You don't see that as immoral?

No, I don't see increasing supply to meet demand while simultainiously working to make sure every American has access to quality care to be immoral.

Well, I do, and your immoral attempts to justify taking away people's health care are sickening

Thant's only because you don't understand incentivization, and supply/demand curves.

And you don't see

That's because I do understand incentivization, and supply/demand curves.

That has never been a problem in the American system. Medicare and Medicaid ensure this. Additionally, clinics are available for the truely destitute, hospitals cannot turn away individuals for their inability to pay, and most have huge endowments which are used to cover care for the indigent. Until recently catastrophic plans were available for next to nothing; and doctors offer hugely reduced rates to patients who pay with cash. No one in America went without care or access unless they chose to go without care or access.

My solution was to not implement a plan that lead to a doctor shortage; and to expand the doctor supply by eliminating government interference and a host needless and counter-productive regulations, making the occupation more attractive.

No, I don't see increasing supply to meet demand while simultainiously working to make sure every American has access to quality care to be immoral.

Thant's only because you don't understand incentivization, and supply/demand curves.

That's because I do understand incentivization, and supply/demand curves.

Hello McFly??? He is trying to slash and burn medicade, that's what he is planning to "balance the budget" with, cuts to services to the poor. He also wants to gut medicare. You think that won't hurt the 10 million people who are going to lose their health insurance?

And your stupid supply and demand argument is so ignorant as to be believed. So if we spend less on health care demand will go down? will that make people healthier? Wow! If we just don't spend the money, people will get well! Magic medicine.

Hello McFly??? He is trying to slash and burn medicade, that's what he is planning to "balance the budget" with, cuts to services to the poor. He also wants to gut medicare. You think that won't hurt the 10 million people who are going to lose their health insurance?

He seeks to reform medicare and medicade, and turn them into healthy, sustainable programs that can be used to service the elderly and truly needy for the next 100 or more years. I understand how you might not realize this, however, given that you haven't read this, or any related portion of the Ryan budget by your own admission, and instead are regurgitating drivel you read in an Op-Ed.

And your stupid supply and demand argument is so ignorant as to be believed.

Your handling of the English language continues to stun.

So if we spend less on health care demand will go down? will that make people healthier? Wow! If we just don't spend the money, people will get well! Magic medicine.

I'm not sure what's worse, your writing ability, or your reading comprehension.

Reread what I wrote, slowly and carefully this time, and then try again.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It has more substance than anything you bring to the table.

So in your mind that means it's good right?

Or has she all of a sudden become smart and insightful?

no it just shows that the R's have a long way to go to show a united front.

I will agree that wasteful Gov't spending needs to be cut and not increased. To do that you need END the wars today and bring out kids home.

If you want to cut medicare and offer pay per plan medicare you are dooming the elderly, this would be essentially force the elderly to go w/o insurance.

it's one thing to SLASH everything its another to realize what damage it would do.

If the Ryan budget goes - Red States beware - ALL aid for Hurricanes, tornado's, floods and drought will be gone!!!

No crops due to drought? too F'ing bad, starve :censored: .

Cows dying due to drought? too F'ing bad, starve :censored: .

I will agree that wasteful Gov't spending needs to be cut and not increased. To do that you need END the wars today and bring out kids home.

If you want to cut medicare and offer pay per plan medicare you are dooming the elderly, this would be essentially force the elderly to go w/o insurance.

it's one thing to SLASH everything its another to realize what damage it would do.

If the Ryan budget goes - Red States beware - ALL aid for Hurricanes, tornado's, floods and drought will be gone!!!

No crops due to drought? too F'ing bad, starve :censored: .

Cows dying due to drought? too F'ing bad, starve :censored: .

Hysterical much?

Ladies and gentlemen, your progressive left. If everyone on the right doesn't agree, it's a civil war with a long way to go to a united front.

But listening to progressives piss and moan about how Obamacare didn't go far enough, stimulus donor kickback didn't spend enough, and drones are killing people randomly...well, that's just good discussion to strengthen for their party.

Idiots.

Edited by LABillzFan