Bush in 2016??

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes it even more amazing that the Democrats managed to find a guy who actually manages to be even worse. It boggles the mind.

You really think so? Bush was better than Obama? I think that's incredibly stupid. We should start a thread on that one. I'd say Obama is a light year ahead of Bush

Can't say very many people do. Heck, the majority of people voted against him the first time he was elected, and he still needed a Conservative supreme court to put in office. Then he leaves the country in economic free fall to take off and paint. Oh ya, and all the mess in between

Which makes it even more amazing that the Democrats managed to find a guy who actually manages to be even worse. It boggles the mind.

Haha!! Now that's funny.

It's quite simple really, yet genius. Just find the least qualified candidate (Who he himself stated was not experienced enough just 2 years prior) and energize a base that would never normally vote. Along with guilting single, white women into voting for a minority else they be considered racist. It was quite brilliant actually. Sometimes you must give credit where credit is due... Thats the liberal way after all, the ends always justify the means.

Edited by SmokinES3

Can't say very many people do. Heck, the majority of people voted against him the first time he was elected, and he still needed a Conservative supreme court to put in office. Then he leaves the country in economic free fall to take off and paint. Oh ya, and all the mess in between

The housing market was going to collapse no matter who was in office. There was a chance of reigning in Freddie & Fannie early in Bush's presidency but several key democrats made sure that their big donors were left untouched. They should have heeded Bush's requests to regulate them but chose not to for their own greedy reasons.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB123137220550562585

Because of this, the Bush administration warned in the budget it issued in April 2001 that Fannie and Freddie were too large and overleveraged. Their failure "could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting federally insured entities and economic activity" well beyond housing.

Mr. Bush wanted to limit systemic risk by raising the GSEs' capital requirements, compelling preapproval of new activities, and limiting the size of their portfolios. Why should government regulate banks, credit unions and savings and loans, but not GSEs? Mr. Bush wanted the GSEs to be treated just like their private-sector competitors.

But the GSEs fought back. They didn't want to see the Bush reforms enacted, because that would level the playing field for their competitors. Congress finally did pass the Bush reforms, but in 2008, after Fannie and Freddie collapsed.

The largely unreported story is that to fend off regulation, the GSEs engaged in a lobbying frenzy. They hired high-profile Democrats and Republicans and spent $170 million on lobbying over the past decade. They also constructed an elaborate network of state and local lobbyists to pressure members of Congress.

The housing market was going to collapse no matter who was in office. There was a chance of reigning in Freddie & Fannie early in Bush's presidency but several key democrats made sure that their big donors were left untouched. They should have heeded Bush's requests to regulate them but chose not to for their own greedy reasons.

http://online.wsj.co...137220550562585

Because of this, the Bush administration warned in the budget it issued in April 2001 that Fannie and Freddie were too large and overleveraged. Their failure "could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting federally insured entities and economic activity" well beyond housing.

Mr. Bush wanted to limit systemic risk by raising the GSEs' capital requirements, compelling preapproval of new activities, and limiting the size of their portfolios. Why should government regulate banks, credit unions and savings and loans, but not GSEs? Mr. Bush wanted the GSEs to be treated just like their private-sector competitors.

But the GSEs fought back. They didn't want to see the Bush reforms enacted, because that would level the playing field for their competitors. Congress finally did pass the Bush reforms, but in 2008, after Fannie and Freddie collapsed.

The largely unreported story is that to fend off regulation, the GSEs engaged in a lobbying frenzy. They hired high-profile Democrats and Republicans and spent $170 million on lobbying over the past decade. They also constructed an elaborate network of state and local lobbyists to pressure members of Congress.

Oh, blame Democrats, blah blah. Didn't Bush have both houses of Congress with him after 2002? But those greedy Democrats!! lol

Oh, blame Democrats, blah blah. Didn't Bush have both houses of Congress with him after 2002? But those greedy Democrats!! lol

Did you read the article? Bush barely had a majority in Congress for most of his years in office. That still doesn't mean that you can get legislation passed. If you would read the article you might get an idea of what this discussion is about. If you Google Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxine Waters and Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac you'll find some interesting videos that will show you what real reptiles are like.

Did you read the article? Bush barely had a majority in Congress for most of his years in office. That still doesn't mean that you can get legislation passed. If you would read the article you might get an idea of what this discussion is about. If you Google Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxine Waters and Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac you'll find some interesting videos that will show you what real reptiles are like.

Democrats are bad!

You really think so? Bush was better than Obama? I think that's incredibly stupid. We should start a thread on that one. I'd say Obama is a light year ahead of Bush

Bush was better than Obama. Bush was a congenital moron, but he was a congenital moron who knew how to lead. Obama's just a narcissistic muppet, who's far too worried about building his legacy than he is about doing his !@#$ing job.

Bush was better than Obama. Bush was a congenital moron, but he was a congenital moron who knew how to lead. Obama's just a narcissistic muppet, who's far too worried about building his legacy than he is about doing his !@#$ing job.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! You are such a total duchebag!

I just read Woodward's Obama's Wars. I don't recommend it but I'd forgotten that horrible first couple yers of his presidency when he had no control over the generals and everyone was end running him to the media. Few people are "ready" to be president, but there can't have been as many people as ill-prepared as Obama was.

His PR machine is much better now but back then, it was a leak a week.

I just read Woodward's Obama's Wars. I don't recommend it but I'd forgotten that horrible first couple yers of his presidency when he had no control over the generals and everyone was end running him to the media. Few people are "ready" to be president, but there can't have been as many people as ill-prepared as Obama was.

Bush's first few years weren't much better (Ashcroft and Rumsfeld drove me nuts with that. Rumsfeld in particular, making statements that were rightfully in Powell's purview.)

The primary difference being that Bush gave his deputies too much scope in their jobs; Obama just doesn't seem to give his any direction.

Edited by DC Tom

Honestly, I've never heard it put more succinctly.

Democrats and Republicans alike are BAD.

neither side is perfect. the worst party is the party that wants you to convert to their way of thinking or else.

Exactly, and one party is especially adept at accusing those that disagree of being intolerant. Forced tolerance is a curious proposition at best...

Eg... You're in favor of traditional marriage? You're a bigot.

Compared to what Bush did to the military what Obama did was nothing. Bush did a great job using the military as a prop--Mission accomplished! Of course he got his guidance from Jesus...and Cheney

Cheney obviously saw Bush as a weak leader and stepped in to dominate him

Why don't you read the article and do what I suggested in Post #68? What are you afraid of, learning something?

The one by Karl Rove? Are you seriously that stupid?