OT - Snowfall totals?

BB27

8 inches so far. We except 15 more inches tonight and 6-10 inches tomorrow. Winds are over 55 miles an hour. Funny I hit my local bar, closed it out and hit the park across from it. I cleared snow off the picnic table, blasted my Ipod, put my baclava on and enjoyed the snow. All of a sudden two police showed up. They shook my hand, said they knew it was gonna be me, and said the park closed at 6. I am gonna cook some dinner and go back out :rolleyes:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This qualifies as a big storm these days? When you get six feet in a few days you have a blizzard. Till then, get back to freakin work.

215001[/snapback]

This coming from a guy in San Diego, where a inch of rain causes panic. :rolleyes:

I'd say a foot to a foot and a half in Penfield NY and still coming hard. I was out driving around late last night. I love this stuff!

About 12" so far in Long Island, still snowing as of 9 AM, lots of wind .

Also had a storm surge warning for the coast, expecting surge to be 2-4 feet over normal levels. This could cause us some troubles as we are about 4 feet above sea level.

This qualifies as a big storm these days? When you get six feet in a few days you have a blizzard. Till then, get back to freakin work.

215001[/snapback]

Its no joke. Boston is gonna get 40 inches. The winds are 50 mph+. Its intense out right now

All of a sudden two police showed up.  They shook my hand, said they knew it was gonna be me,

214989[/snapback]

LOL, to paraphrase TMQ, this is the kind of hidden indicator that is essential to an insider's understanding of Pete. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it means.

not much snow, but a nice thick sheet of ice here in richmond, if i tried this morning i know i could have pushed my van along the ice sideways. treacherous driving, but passable with care! i am sure schools will be out again monday. 3 straight snow days, less than 6" of snow.......NICE!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Southern California. No snow. Yesterday was in the 80s. Back to your shovels.

214934[/snapback]

In the interest of competitive spirit for us Southlanders, while the're been not a flake on my steps in Santa Monica we're already over 9 feet for the season in my SoCal house an hour north of LA. I'm considering a blade for the Tacoma ;-)

I agree, I have never seen it "snow" three straight days in the south, however, I have determined why there are so many accidents...

NO ONE stays off the roads. If anything, there are more people out than normal. Maybe it was just at blockbuster or something, but I was scared to death driving around (had to work) whilst people in 4x4s went by me at at least 45 MPH.