Johnny Manziel thread

Sure even though Brees was a much better pocket passer coming out of college. Honestly, no one has any idea. Personally, I think he reeks of being a spoiled brat. He put up #s in the same offense that made Case Keenum college's all time leading passer. He played behind 2 tackles who are top 10 picks & threw jump balls to a 6'5" top 10 wr. I can't see him lasting as a starter in the NFL. But that's just my opinion. One of the many great college players who isn't NFL caliber. Nothing wrong with that & he'll make millions. But time will tell.

I understand and respect your position, but at the same time I have a pretty strong hunch that Manziel will have a markedly better pro career than Manuel. I hope I'm wrong because the Bills aren't going to be taking Manziel.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. What a man! Running away from brooms!!! Throwing to uncovered Wrs!!!

The guy has the BB, Mike Vick, & George W bush sign of approval. How can he fail!!!

Who are the majority of people? Mel Kiper, Todd McShay. You have zero idea how actual NFL teams had him ranked.

Ugh.

I brought up EJ's draft status prior to draft bc yoloinohio is the one who mentioned how Manziel is not rated in many peoples top 10.

Geeze man, follow along.

:)

i'm not on the johnny football bandwagon.

his 3/4 release is low and will get blocked at the line of scrimmage.

he can't read defenses fast enough at the NFL level.

his fight or flight instincts will get him killed.

having said all that, he helped himself today.

which is good for the bills as we need two QB's to go in the draft before we pick.

Jaworski: I've moved Manziel from fourth round to third round

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/27/jaworski-ive-moved-manziel-from-fourth-round-to-third-round/

Edited by papazoid

Manziel having such a good pro day is good news for us. If he goes #1 to Houston then there will probably be a run on QB's where the other teams that need to draft a QB (Cleveland, Minnesota) freak out and reach for a QB in round 1 and then the "real" talent falls to us at #9. That's best case scenario for us

Manziel having such a good pro day is good news for us. If he goes #1 to Houston then there will probably be a run on QB's where the other teams that need to draft a QB (Cleveland, Minnesota) freak out and reach for a QB in round 1 and then the "real" talent falls to us at #9. That's best case scenario for us

I expect all 3 QB's( Manziel, Brigdewater and Bortes) will be off the board before we pick.

Your right, it would benefit us greatly

Edited by Bufcomments

Whaley and Marrone put up one helluva smoke screen. But they cant fool you as OBD really wants Manziel and they'll immediately cut EJ upon drafting the Great Savior Johnny Football. :lol: :lol:

@SportsCenter

How did Johnny Manziel do at his pro day? Here's a breakdown.

http://youtu.be/YTsLYLbiSG8

I knew you would see the light :lol::devil::P

Wow, the kid has it and any questions physically are answered today. If he somehow falls to us at #9, the entire Bills org needs to be fired if we dont' take him, but after today I can't see him lasting to 9

This

I say 'pull a Ditka!'. Give up all our picks -it's only 7 players anymore- ala Ricky Williams and get him!

Whoa Chandler, I'm all for Johnny but I think we could do it with less.

Deep down Texas close to Houston town,

Way back up in the scrub among the tumbleweeds

There stood a mansion made of brick and wood,

Where lived a country boy named of Johnny Football

Who never ever learned to read or write so well,

But he could sling a football like ringing a bell.

Go Go

Go Johnny Go

Go Go

Johnny Football

Browns are pulling the old okie doke. They plan to come back and pick Johnny with their 2nd first rounder. Sadly for them, he'll be long gone.

What the ...

and he will be gone.

Screw Manziel, I still think we should give that Tebow guy a chance. :flirt:

about as accurate as EJ

Haha. What a man! Running away from brooms!!! Throwing to uncovered Wrs!!!

The guy has the BB, Mike Vick, & George W bush sign of approval. How can he fail!!!

Who are the majority of people? Mel Kiper, Todd McShay. You have zero idea how actual NFL teams had him ranked.

you are such a troll

My opinion on Johnny Manziel as a prospective NFL Quarterback is well known, so I won't repeat it. Arranging his own pro-day rather confirms my suspicions about him personality wise, but there is little doubt he threw the ball well yesterday and improved his stock. The main comment I make is that I still believe that there will be a Quarterback from the consensus top 3 that slides out of the top 8 picks. I think that quarterback will be Teddy Bridgewater and it wouldn't amaze me to see him "do a Geno."

I think the Texans will take Bortles at #1 (but Manziel wouldn't be a major shock) and the Jags will take whichever one of those is still on the board. I think Cleveland has it's eye on Carr with their 2nd 1st rounder, Oakland is going to plug and play Schaub and take a guy later and I think as defensive guys who have Cassel and McCown as possible placeholders Zimmer and Lovie will each take one of the premium talents there are in that top 8 in other positions. For instance I don't see either of them passing on Mack to pick Bridgewater.

I knew you would see the light :lol::devil::P

This

Whoa Chandler, I'm all for Johnny but I think we could do it with less.

What the ...

and he will be gone.

about as accurate as EJ

you are such a troll

Haha. I just call out trolls. and my point is perfectly valid. It's important to know a person's track record. Your track record on QBs:

- You wanted to trade Mario Williams for John Skelton

- You had mocks last offseason with the Bills drafting Landry Jones in the 1st round

- You are in love with Casey Paschall

- Other guys you have loved: Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbert

No, I get it. I'm a troll for not giving up on EJ after one year. Sorry, I don't think Manziel will be a great NFL QB. And your support isn't helping shape that opinion in a positive way. Happy Friday.

I understand and respect your position, but at the same time I have a pretty strong hunch that Manziel will have a markedly better pro career than Manuel. I hope I'm wrong because the Bills aren't going to be taking Manziel.

I have no idea how good he will be, no one does. I think EJ showed a lot more signs of good QB play than people want to give him credit for. But I can freely say Manziel was the better college QB. But IMO, Manuel is more equipped to be a better pro. Doesn't mean he'll ever get there but I think he has more physical/ Mental tools than Manziel. Now Manziel had an "it" factor in college that is hard to measure. I don't think he gets close to that in the pros but it will be interesting.

Unlike some here, if he does become a star, I'll freely admit I was wrong. I do like good football players and maybe he has matured from being a spoiled douche.

wait.....you mean there is a record of things you have previously said ??.....oh crap.....{laffin}

Haha. Trust me, I have a few I'd like to take back. But I admit I have Bills glasses on. But looking at the draft and the league as a whole, I think I have a pretty decent track record. I was all over Clausen and Gabbert pre draft because I never got their hype. And I strongly dislkine Tannehill and Landry Jones.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Haha. Trust me, I have a few I'd like to take back. But I admit I have Bills glasses on. But looking at the draft and the league as a whole, I think I have a pretty decent track record. I was all over Clausen and Gabbert pre draft because I never got their hype. And I strongly dislkine Tannehill and Landry Jones.

Seeing as Tannehill is the second best QB in the AFC East, I don't know why you wear that as a badge of honor.

Second best quarterback in one of the weaker divisions in the NFL isn't exactly something to get excited about is it? He is a long way short of the best and in my view not a million miles ahead of the two rookies behind him. I think this season is make or break for Tannehill. The Dolphins have invested some cash in their O-Line, they spent big on receivers last off-season, they've signed Moreno to give them a running game (he is also a very good pass protector) - if he doesn't make Miami's offense click this year he is out of excuses in my opinion.

Edited by GunnerBill

Seeing as Tannehill is the second best QB in the AFC East, I don't know why you wear that as a badge of honor.

What does that even mean? He's the 2nd lightest girl at Weigh Watchers? And I won't call him a bust but I don't think he will ever be special. Also, EJ did have a better rookie year than Tannehill. Perhaps EJ deserves a 2nd year. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14876/ryan-tannehill

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15803/ej-manuel

What does that even mean? He's the 2nd lightest girl at Weigh Watchers? And I won't call him a bust but I don't think he will ever be special. Also, EJ did have a better rookie year than Tannehill. Perhaps EJ deserves a 2nd year. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14876/ryan-tannehill

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15803/ej-manuel

EJ had a better year? Really? Besides the whole "hurt three times" thing.

I couldn't quantify Tannehill's rank compared to the rest of the league, but I think he's a good QB. He's got a Phil Rivers ceiling.

Edited by FireChan

Sure even though Brees was a much better pocket passer coming out of college. Honestly, no one has any idea. Personally, I think he reeks of being a spoiled brat. He put up #s in the same offense that made Case Keenum college's all time leading passer. He played behind 2 tackles who are top 10 picks & threw jump balls to a 6'5" top 10 wr. I can't see him lasting as a starter in the NFL. But that's just my opinion. One of the many great college players who isn't NFL caliber. Nothing wrong with that & he'll make millions. But time will tell.

Keenum went to Houston. How is it exactly the same offense? I recall Keenum's style of play being nothing like JM's.

There aren't 2 top ten OTs on that team.

Good memory. It's probably worth nothing that Brees has played in SD and in a dome in NO. He struggles outdoors.

For those wanting Manziel, his arm is not made for Buffalo. I know people want to give up on EJ but the man has a cannon. I highly doubt JF is completing half of those passes EJ did in the 2nd Jets game.

For JM to succeed, he needs to go to a place that had ideal conditions and a coach that will let him freestyle.

Yeah, the weather in SD really messes with a QBs game. Notoriously bad weather....

i'm not on the johnny football bandwagon.

his 3/4 release is low and will get blocked at the line of scrimmage.

he can't read defenses fast enough at the NFL level.

his fight or flight instincts will get him killed.

having said all that, he helped himself today.

which is good for the bills as we need two QB's to go in the draft before we pick.

Can you name any QB who routinely got his passes "blocked at the line of scrimmage".

EJ had the better O line, and that's not saying much. Although I doubt he will next year :bag:

Talleywhacker and the Phins started the season 3-0, and then fell completely apart when their LT quit on them. The whacker was hit more the Bills QB's 58 sacks / 100 hits on Mr Talley.

Now that they have a GM with a brain the Phins already signed Brandon Albert to start at LT, and I can see them spending lots of draft picks to bolster that line. Pickens won't be so easy this year. just my 2 cents.

Anyway, Johnny Football...YEAH!

Keenum went to Houston. How is it exactly the same offense? I recall Keenum's style of play being nothing like JM's.

There aren't 2 top ten OTs on that team.

Yeah, the weather in SD really messes with a QBs game. Notoriously bad weather....

Can you name any QB who routinely got his passes "blocked at the line of scrimmage".

Shocking. You love to argue just to argue.

1) Luke Joeckel went #2 last year. Matthews is probably going top 10. Thus, 2 top 10 draft pick OTs.

2) Kevin Sulim was Keenum's college coach. Thus, the system is very similar to the one at Texas A & M.

3) I have no idea what you are trying to argue with the SD point. I pointed out that Brees played on 2 ideal weather condition teams. His career would be much different if he was drafted by Buffalo.

I couldn't quantify Tannehill's rank compared to the rest of the league, but I think he's a good QB. He's got a Phil Rivers ceiling.

If EJ didn't get hurt, he would put up much better #s. He had 2 less tds in 6 fewer games than RT.

Shocking. You love to argue just to argue.

1) Luke Joeckel went #2 last year. Matthews is probably going top 10. Thus, 2 top 10 draft pick OTs.

2) Kevin Sulim was Keenum's college coach. Thus, the system is very similar to the one at Texas A & M.

3) I have no idea what you are trying to argue with the SD point. I pointed out that Brees played on 2 ideal weather condition teams. His career would be much different if he was drafted by Buffalo.

If EJ didn't get hurt, he would put up much better #s. He had 2 less tds in 6 fewer games than RT.

And if I was a bus, we could all go for a ride. EJ also had the benefit of a top 10 defense his rookie year, Tanny did not,