Anyone in Billings, MT?

Just Jack

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure somebody does. But Billings isn't scheduled to get internet access until 2017.

Where I live we have pretty slow DSL (that's the fastest...outside of that you're pretty much looking at satellite). The company is upgrading the area to fiber optic soon though. In fact, I just got a letter in the mail inviting me to the local High School for a meeting with the company about what the changes will mean to their customers and when they can expect the upgrades to take place. A short presentation with a question and answer session afterwards. Refreshments will be offered.

Seriously, it's a different world here.

Where I live we have pretty slow DSL (that's the fastest...outside of that you're pretty much looking at satellite). The company is upgrading the area to fiber optic soon though. In fact, I just got a letter in the mail inviting me to the local High School for a meeting with the company about what the changes will mean to their customers and when they can expect the upgrades to take place. A short presentation with a question and answer session afterwards. Refreshments will be offered.

Seriously, it's a different world here.

So that is where some of our Federal tax dollars are going. 15 Billion since 2008?

http://benton.org/node/178020

:P

Why don't they just let the market bear the burden? Then the Inter-Mountain West bites the hand that feeds them. ;)