Just Jack

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo, I guess nobody is in Billings.

I live in MT, but it's a big ass state.

its big but not that big.

Driving from Billings to Butte 3 1/4 hours is a pittance compared to many other states.

Driving from Billings to Kalispell well I'll give you that one

Jacksonville to Miami is 5 1/2 hours add 3 + to Key West

Buffalo to Albany is 5 hours, to NYC is 7 hours, outer Long Island ....

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

its big but not THAT big.

Driving from Billings to Butte is a pittance compared to many other states.

But why pick those two cities? They're not that far apart. I live 4 hrs from Billings. Kalispell is 7 hours away and there are much further drives. MT is the 4th largest state, and not much smaller than CA. Only TX and AK have drives that make MT look like a "pittance".

its big but not THAT big.

Driving from Billings to Butte is a pittance compared to many other states.

What surprised me is how big Wisconsin is. Not that it is really that big... But it took us like 8 hours to head all the way north towards Superior, WI... Same distance as it is to get to Buffalo. It didn't help that half of the trip was mostly two lane, no expressway or interstate (from where we came from).

But why pick those two cities? They're not that far apart. I live 4 hrs from Billings. Kalispell is 7 hours away and there are much further drives. MT is the 4th largest state, and not much smaller than CA. Only TX and AK have drives that make MT look like a "pittance".

Where are you? (if you don't mind my asking)

Sooooo, I guess nobody is in Billings.

I live in MT, but it's a big ass state.

Tell me about it. One guy said that Yellowstone was only 70 miles away. Find the closest entry point listed in my GPS is the NE entrance. It has me going around the north and coming in that way because 212 is closed until mid/late May. So we ended up going into Gallatin instead.

Apologies if I offended your state. Its an easy drive, with lots of scenery. I chose those 2 because those are the cities I have to travel to for work.

I was relating an east to west drive and not east west north and south through back-roads and around numerous mountain ranges.

Tell me about it. One guy said that Yellowstone was only 70 miles away. Find the closest entry point listed in my GPS is the NE entrance. It has me going around the north and coming in that way because 212 is closed until mid/late May. So we ended up going into Gallatin instead.

Did you stop into Bozeman? Nice place, plenty of eateries and the meal cost is reasonable being a college town.

What surprised me is how big Wisconsin is. Not that it is really that big... But it took us like 8 hours to head all the way north towards Superior, WI... Same distance as it is to get to Buffalo. It didn't help that half of the trip was mostly two lane, no expressway or interstate (from where we came from).

the roads you drive make all the difference.

hours of seeming endless flat land makes a short ride seem long.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Apologies if I offended your state. Its an easy drive, with lots of scenery. I chose those 2 because those are the cities I have to travel to for work.

I moved here 3 months ago, I dont have too much loyalty to the state and didn't take offense. I just didn't/don't think the comparisons make sense. Buffalo to NYC is east west? And Long Island? Anyway, guess I'll just call myself confused....

the roads you drive make all the difference.

hours of seeming endless flat land makes a short ride seem long.

True to an extent. I have always had this argument w/my wife. I would rather drive the slightly longer trip from Chicago to Buffalo than the trip we make from Buffalo to Boston frequently to see her sisters. For me, the long flatter trips (yes more boring) are less tedious and easier than the more uphill, downhill, curvier & scenic trips! Don't get me wrong, NY-MA are some of the most scenic, nicest drives in the country, but sucky to drive, especially in less than favorable weather... Rain, fog, snow, etc... Now, she would claim the opposite, saying that the long flat trips are tedious... Then again, I am doing most of the driving! LoL Many years ago I used to have a boss that was from St. Louis, old guy... Would go visit his family... He would say that he would read the paper while traveling down I-57... LoL... Where else can you do that? Old geezer didn't even realize he was multi-tasking! ;-) ;-)

True to an extent. I have always had this argument w/my wife. I would rather drive the slightly longer trip from Chicago to Buffalo than the trip we make from Buffalo to Boston frequently to see her sisters. For me, the long flatter trips (yes more boring) are less tedious and easier than the more uphill, downhill, curvier & scenic trips! Don't get me wrong, NY-MA are some of the most scenic, nicest drives in the country, but sucky to drive, especially in less than favorable weather... Rain, fog, snow, etc... Now, she would claim the opposite, saying that the long flat trips are tedious... Then again, I am doing most of the driving! LoL Many years ago I used to have a boss that was from St. Louis, old guy... Would go visit his family... He would say that he would read the paper while traveling down I-57... LoL... Where else can you do that? Old geezer didn't even realize he was multi-tasking! ;-) ;-)

straight roads, cruse control and a good alignment ... makes it easy to multitask, (even with the wife - if you get my meaning)

the btch about Florida is that after driving for 16 hours another 8 to 10 of straight flat road sure puts a hurting on you trying to stay awake.,

straight roads, cruse control and a good alignment ... makes it easy to multitask, (even with the wife - if you get my meaning)

the btch about Florida is that after driving for 16 hours another 8 to 10 of straight flat road sure puts a hurting on you trying to stay awake.,

LoL... So true! I never realized how freaking far NOLA to Miami is! Man, that's a hike and a half!

So is this now a Road Head thread?

Ha! Truckin', I got my chips cashed in... Oh wait, wrong song!