Buffalo Bills Fan Advisory Board meeting 4/10

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also pretty worried about the removal of the first two rows of seating, as I am in row 3 behind the bench... Would be GREAT to be in the new front row, I but I will still be the 3rd row, but just in the old 5th row...

Jay, Have any insight on that?ok, this just in...

Just spoke with my ticket rep, she said that I would be the new 1st row. Hope that helps others!

Stand up!

There is no such thing as excessive standing at a sporting event.

If your candy ass wants to sit down then go home.

Over in 126 we routinely all stand up at pivotal moments and then sit down again. The crowd just seems to know what to do and I've never heard any complaints. Maybe because we're not exactly a wine (whine?) and cheese bunch over there.

Over in 126 we routinely all stand up at pivotal moments and then sit down again. The crowd just seems to know what to do and I've never heard any complaints. Maybe because we're not exactly a wine (whine?) and cheese bunch over there.

That's not what I heard, jk...

There is a problem around 132-135... Lower rows stand for THE WHOLE GAME...

Standing at pivotal times or 3rd downs is a no brainer, but some people out way act as though they have floor passes to a concert

Stand up!

There is no such thing as excessive standing at a sporting event.

If your candy ass wants to sit down then go home.

I agree with this. It's very annoying at an NFL game when people yell "down in front." If you don't want to involve yourself in the game, stay at home. Where is the home field advantage to a bunch of fans sitting on their a##es all game?!?!

So the meeting was held in the media room where the post-game interviews are done. Pretty cool to see.

First item was a presentation by the local head of Delaware North, who run the food and retail operations at the stadium. He talked at length about how the stadium renovations would affect things for fans:

- No fewer than 6 registers at each stand

- POS systems installed at all stands, meaning credit cards will be accepted

- Current portable stands are being built in to the existing areas as beer-only lines, should improve traffic flow in concourses and limit the water drippage etc.

- New East End Lounge "sports bar" will only be able to sell beer due to the license it has to be under

- All new equipment at all concession stands with more ability to actually prepare food so more options than pre-made burgers/dogs type stuff.

- New In-Stadium team store will be accessible from outside pre-game with doors into stadium locked. Once game starts, outside doors will be locked and inside doors opened to allow shopping from inside the stadium.

Other updates from renovations:

- Yes, game audio will be in every lavatory

- Unsure if Wi-Fi improvements will be available for this season - concentrating on Wi-Fi requirements for gates and concession stands first and it's proving tougher than they anticipated

- Weather put a bit of a delay on things but they do expect the place to be habitable by the first preseason game

Some other game-day changes:

- Tablets have been approved to be brought into the stadium

- Removing seating in first 2 rows behind each bench, hoping to alleviate complaints about "excessive standing"

Meeting went 45 minutes longer than scheduled and we still have lots of ideas to talk about. I did talk to director of ticket operations about group ticket purchase options and will be continuing that discussion so stay tuned, as it will apply to the TBD tailgate :)

Met Hammer for a beer at Big Tree afterwards, and who sits down next to me but Ruben Brown. He's a good dude. His yearly bike run is coming up, and he's also looking at some event options for the Bills/Bears game in Chicago next season.

disappointing they are removing the first 2 rows behind the benches. Those are some of the best seats.

I agree with this. It's very annoying at an NFL game when people yell "down in front." If you don't want to involve yourself in the game, stay at home. Where is the home field advantage to a bunch of fans sitting on their a##es all game?!?!

I never understood this. Why does standing make you any more involved in the game than sitting? You can't make noise when you are seated? I could just as easily say, if you want to be a douche and stand all game, stay at home.