How Many Fetuses Equal A Cord of Wood?

I guess I'm guilty of something there. Didn't realize you had such stringent rules for posting here. I won't follow your unwritten rules but good to know you think there are restrictions about what to post in a thread

Are the idiots that brought up Paul Ryan and Barbara Boxer just as guilty?

You still don't get it do you Scalyman? Most of us here were looking at the the use of fetuses to provide heat vs. cremation vs. medical waste as a moral issue and you and EiI tried to make it some kind of an effort to promote your political position. That's one of the big problems of the Left. Right or wrong doesn't come into play when it pertains to your political goals.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still don't get it do you Scalyman? Most of us here were looking at the the use of fetuses to provide heat vs. cremation vs. medical waste as a moral issue and you and EiI tried to make it some kind of an effort to promote your political position. That's one of the big problems of the Left. Right or wrong doesn't come into play when it pertains to your political goals.

Do you know what PPP stands for?

"Again, until you and EiI started your blabber this was a discussion based on morals, not on politics."

Gotta any good wine to go with this cheese? This has got to be a joke? What kind of idiot would say this here? Now we can't even talk politics on the politics board.

Tom-- The royalty check is in the mail for the use of the word idiot.

This has gotta be a first. That is, being accused of turning a political discussion into a political discussion. LoL... Now it is caledl: "morals." And I thought Rich in Ohio used to be bad! Oh my!

Do you understand that the discussion here was about morals and ethics and you were chiming in with your points being firmly based on a political position? I honestly think you'd sell your mother if it meant a bump in the Left's political position.

Ladies and gentlemen...your progressive partners at work.

Rep. Ryan’s crime? Co-sponsoring the Sanctity of Human Life Act.

If “Serenity” had bothered to actually read the bill, she’d see that it contained no language suggesting that a rapist could sue his pregnant victim to keep her from aborting the unborn child.

It was Mother Jones’ Kevin Drum who dreamed up the lawsuit scenario that spread like wildfire through

circles.

But instead of doing her research, “Serenity” felt her time would be better spent making Paul Ryan look like a rapist.

"Again, until you and EiI started your blabber this was a discussion based on morals, not on politics."

Gotta any good wine to go with this cheese? This has got to be a joke? What kind of idiot would say this here? Now we can't even talk politics on the politics board.

Tom-- The royalty check is in the mail for the use of the word idiot.

This has gotta be a first. That is, being accused of turning a political discussion into a political discussion. LoL... Now it is caledl: "morals." And I thought Rich in Ohio used to be bad! Oh my!

I hardly expect someone who has a post count like yours that can't properly quote and respond here to understand the issue, but I'll try to enlighten your dumb ass. We were talking about a moral issue and the proper and right thing to do with an aborted or miscarried fetus. You and your partner Dumber made it clear that to you guys any moral issue was trumped by your political views. Don't you and your pal feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that your morals are what the Huffington Post says they should be?

I guess there is no better place than to be accused of turning a discussion political. @ least we are protected by the PPP Clause.

There has been some incredibly shameless posts through the years here, Rich in Ohio, 3rdnlng, etc... etc... But what they posted above is truly is laugahable, now they're are trying to make this board NOT PPP. You just can't win w/some of these Class A clowns.

Dammit! It is their political thread posted on their political forum and be damn, they are going to talk about bi-partisan morals! No politics allowed! LoL...

Hey Jr., how's about splitting a few fetus' and passing it this way... It is getting cold in here!

This has gotta be a PPP first!

:lol:

Saved:

snapback.png3rdnlng, on 26 March 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

You do realize my thread was called "How Many Fetuses Equal A Cord Of Wood" and you polluted the discussion and dragged it down to politics! Shame on you Gatorman!

You have completely made up the post above by deleting the content of my post #104 and putting your own trash in it and then quoting it. You've crossed the line.

Edited by 3rdnlng

I guess there is no better place than to be accused of turning a discussion political. @ least we are protected by the PPP Clause.

There has been some incredibly shameless posts through the years here, Rich in Ohio, 3rdnlng, etc... etc... But what they posted above is truly is laugahable, now they're are trying to make this board NOT PPP. You just can't win w/some of these Class A clowns.

Dammit! It is their political thread posted on their political forum and be damn, they are going to talk about bi-partisan morals! No politics allowed! LoL...

Hey Jr., how's about splitting a few fetus' and passing it this way... It is getting cold in here!

This has gotta be a PPP first!

Who was saying you couldn't post what you did? I was pointing out where your "morals" came from, you dumb ass.

Rep. Ryan’s crime? Co-sponsoring the Sanctity of Human Life Act.

You can say that again!

I am acknowledging that certain fetuses are medical waste, just like arms, legs, gall bladders, apendix (what is the plural version of that word), and other discarded biological growths.

I guess I am on the wrong side w/the moral police.

Bibically life begins with breath and ends when you breath no more- acts that cause injury or death to a living person are dealt with with one set of penalties (an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life) but causing a miscarriage is treated as a property crime to be settled by a fine.

Bibically life begins with breath and ends when you breath no more- acts that cause injury or death to a living person are dealt with with one set of penalties (an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life) but causing a miscarriage is treated as a property crime to be settled by a fine.

Biblically (what I think you meant) begins at conception. Not birth.

Then please explain how Scott Peterson was convicted of double homicide?

You can say that again!

I am acknowledging that certain fetuses are medical waste, just like arms, legs, gall bladders, apendix (what is the plural version of that word), and other discarded biological growths.

I guess I am on the wrong side w/the moral police.

Which fetuses are medical waste and which aren't?

I'm of the opinion that if it's not viable outside of the human host, then it's medical waste.

If for whatever reason the mother wants to keep a fetus for burial purposes, or if someone wants to keep their amputated leg in a case on their mantle, then there could be a process for that, but the decision to offer that service would be up to the hospital. There are some serious safety concerns when it comes to how these things are handled. The safest is to discard and incinerate.

Now when you incinerate, you can let that energy go to waste, or you can use that energy to help offset electricity/gas bills. Personally, I think the socially responsible thing to do when incinerating, if you have the option, would be to convert it to energy/heating.

Now when you incinerate, you can let that energy go to waste, or you can use that energy to help offset electricity/gas bills. Personally, I think the socially responsible thing to do when incinerating, if you have the option, would be to convert it to energy/heating.

I'll mention this again since it appears that my first mention of this got lost in all the bickering: human tissue, fetus or no, is terrible fuel for heating anything. it takes a hell of a lot more energy to burn tissue than can be released by burning it. all moral questions aside, it seems ridiculous to even entertain the concept of burning animal tissue as a source of heat energy. it would be like tossing a slab of raw meat into the fireplace on a chilly night, expecting to gain the same warmth as you would had you instead used wood.

the hospital has to be augmenting their existing heating system by adding the resultant heat radiation from their biomedical incinerator. either that, or they're dessicating/mummifying the tissue first. mummies would burn pretty easily.

I'm of the opinion that if it's not viable outside of the human host, then it's medical waste.

If for whatever reason the mother wants to keep a fetus for burial purposes, or if someone wants to keep their amputated leg in a case on their mantle, then there could be a process for that, but the decision to offer that service would be up to the hospital. There are some serious safety concerns when it comes to how these things are handled. The safest is to discard and incinerate.

That's a fair enough opinion. Not necessarily mine, but one I bet that was formed by a little bit of thought and didn't include how it could affect abortion laws.