How Many Fetuses Equal A Cord of Wood?

Yeah, that boggles my mind as well. Especially considering that energy is always a constant concern.

Abortion is one of the most polarizing concepts that we have. Abortion providers would be well advised not to thumb their noses at abortion opponents.

The energy provided by the fetuses is insignificant. It is the whole idea that fetuses are being used to heat the air people work in that is repugnant.

Here in North America we have energy to burn.

Where you stand on this issue is most likely closely related as to your thoughts on when life begins. Are you sure you got what KD was saying?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burning them in a "cremetorium" that is not used for heating anything.

Then one is aknowledging them a child/person. That is where the diagreement lies. When the pro-life people push the definition all the way back to conception they will have illegalized abortion.

Lump it in with the arms, legs, gall bladders, or other bio GROWTHS, then there is no problem with protecting pro-choice. You are pro-choice, right? Maybe you are not? If what you suggests happens, then pro-choice is @ risk.

There is no middle ground here. There is no emotional ground here. There are no woulda, coulda beens. That is all I am saying.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Then one is aknowledging them a child/person. That is where the diagreement lies. When the pro-life people push the definition all the way back to conception they will have illegalized abortion.

Lump it in with the arms, legs, gall bladders, or other bio GROWTHS, then there is no problem with protecting pro-choice. You are pro-choice, right? Maybe you are not? If what you suggests happens, then pro-choice is @ risk.

There is no middle ground here. There is no emotional ground here. There are no woulda, coulda beens. That is all I am saying.

So your deeply held moral beliefs are cemented in politics? I guess some of us here feel this issue is about humanity.

That is all you're saying?? Personally I have no idea what you're saying. There is no emotional ground here? WTF are you talking about. I suggest you talk to a woman, on who is a huge supporter of pro-choice and of keeping abortion legal, who has just had an abortion.

There is no emotional ground here? Wtf?

2 thoughts on this. 1st, not all terminated pregnancies are due to elective abortion. Should those that were terminated naturally or for medical safety of the mother also be essentially tossed in the trash as well?

2nd, why not treat all dead that way as well? It comes down to basic decency and dignity at some point, or at least it should.

2 thoughts on this. 1st, not all terminated pregnancies are due to elective abortion. Should those that were terminated naturally or for medical safety of the mother also be essentially tossed in the trash as well?

2nd, why not treat all dead that way as well? It comes down to basic decency and dignity at some point, or at least it should.

I would think they burn what is left of a miscarriage too.

Medical safety, I would think the same too. If you are told your baby would have severe birth defects, would you have a funeral for that, whatever you call it? I doubt it. If you are told that the baby will kill you if you have it, that is up to the woman and family. Some still go through with it and they die, and the baby is fine. I would not that think that type of abortion has a funeral either for the fetus.

If a woman actually delivers a small baby you have a funeral, that is what the people would want.

I personally think we should burn all the dead and you can still have a funeral.

Edited by Security

That is all you're saying?? Personally I have no idea what you're saying. There is no emotional ground here? WTF are you talking about. I suggest you talk to a woman, on who is a huge supporter of pro-choice and of keeping abortion legal, who has just had an abortion.

What if she only took the morning after pill that didn't allow the fertilized egg (a human?) burrow itself in uterus, is there an emotional attachment there, too? I think not.

I suggest you talk to a woman, on who is a huge supporter of pro-choice and of keeping abortion legal, who has just had an abortion.

Please use English next time you reply. I can figure out what you are saying here. "On" should be one? Typo, right? I will cut you that slack, afterall, its me. ;-) ;-P Anyway, why would I talk to a woman who just made that choice? I don't care to get emotionally wrapped up in her choice. I have no place to get emotionally wrapped in that choice. Even if I did, it won't change my beliefs on this matter. She made the choice, now live it between herself & whatever beliefs (or God) she adheres to.

You know what I am talking about. You suggested that they burn the fetus as they would any other person. If they do that, they are acknowledging that the fetus is a "person." When that happens, pro-choice comes under attack.

Yes, this is an emotional debate. I am leaving the emotion only between a woman and her choice. I am not here to change anybody, they decide what they want to do in this matter.

What if she only took the morning after pill that didn't allow the fertilized egg (a human?) burrow itself in uterus, is there an emotional attachment there, too? I think not.

For the pro-lifers... There sure is! And that's a problem, IMO!

I would think they burn what is left of a miscarriage too.

Medical safety, I would think the same too. If you are told your baby would have severe birth defects, would you have a funeral for that, whatever you call it? I doubt it. If you are told that the baby will kill you if you have, that is up to the woman and family. Some still go through with it and they did, and the baby is fine. I would not that type of abortion has a funeral either for the fetus.

If a woman actually delivers a small baby you have a funeral, that is what the people would want.

I personally think we should burn all the dead and you can still have a funeral.

My issue isn't with cremation, it is with throwing the carcass in with the rest of the trash and then using it for energy recovery, all 50 kBTUs of it.

#1: Of course there are emotional grounds here between the woman and her choice. That is where it stops on elective abortion.

#2: Of course not! Is that what's happening?

#3: So we should give a amputated leg, removed gall bladder, or removed bio growth a dignified burial? Man, that's pretty crazy... I bet the funeral directors love you on the slow months. ;-)

So essentially waste some energy so people can feel more humane in their abortion practices. :lol:

Actually that is half of the story.... the other half which was largely being ignored were women who wanted babies but unfortunately had miscarriages and had to have their babies removed that they loved. Those babies were treated just the same manner wit no consideration for the families wishes. It is also a government run health system. Coincidence?

Actually that is half of the story.... the other half which was largely being ignored were women who wanted babies but unfortunately had miscarriages and had to have their babies removed that they loved. Those babies were treated just the same manner wit no consideration for the families wishes. It is also a government run health system. Coincidence?

I see your point. I would think they would honor the woman's wishes, no matter how crazy they are. How many woman have had a miscarriage in their own toilet, or wherever? Quick call the undertaker! I am not making light of it, it probably happens every minute of the day. I am not a woman, so I will never undertstand the attachment. It seems as this debate gets heated, the attachement grows and grows. Most of these misfortunate situations are a fact of life... Now we are bogging down the medical community with it.

Please use English next time you reply. I can figure out what you are saying here. "On" should be one? Typo, right? I will cut you that slack, afterall, its me. ;-) ;-P Anyway, why would I talk to a woman who just made that choice? I don't care to get emotionally wrapped up in her choice. I have no place to get emotionally wrapped in that choice. Even if I did, it won't change my beliefs on this matter. She made the choice, now live it between herself & whatever beliefs (or God) she adheres to.

You know what I am talking about. You suggested that they burn the fetus as they would any other person. If they do that, they are acknowledging that the fetus is a "person." When that happens, pro-choice comes under attack.

Yes, this is an emotional debate. I am leaving the emotion only between a woman and her choice. I am not here to change anybody, they decide what they want to do in this matter.

I'm not asking you to get emotional in the woman's decision you twit. I'm asking you to consider how emotional it is for her. And no, I'm not suggesting they burn the fetuses as they would any other person I'm suggesting they burn it as any other medical waste. BTW what crematorium burns people?

Abortion is one of the most polarizing concepts that we have. Abortion providers would be well advised not to thumb their noses at abortion opponents.

The energy provided by the fetuses is insignificant. It is the whole idea that fetuses are being used to heat the air people work in that is repugnant.

Here in North America we have energy to burn.

Where you stand on this issue is most likely closely related as to your thoughts on when life begins. Are you sure you got what KD was saying?

No question about that, I just find it laughably hypocritical. It's perfectly ok to kill off that fetus but oh boy, we better handle the remains humanely!!

If someone asks for the fetus after a miscarriage for burial or other ritual, I'd think there would be an issue on the spot if the hospital didn't produce the fetus. Different issue.

I'm not asking you to get emotional in the woman's decision you twit. I'm asking you to consider how emotional it is for her. And no, I'm not suggesting they burn the fetuses as they would any other person I'm suggesting they burn it as any other medical waste. BTW what crematorium burns people?

I am sorry if I am being a twit. I don't understand what you are saying here. Your first two sentences contradict each other. If I consider it, I surely will get emotional! I practice pro-life but honor pro-choice, if you can believe that.

I will go back and read your past reply. Maybe I read it wrong. What do you mean by your last sentence, explain.

#1: Of course there are emotional grounds here between the woman and her choice. That is where it stops on elective abortion.

#2: Of course not! Is that what's happening?

#3: So we should give a amputated leg, removed gall bladder, or removed bio growth a dignified burial? Man, that's pretty crazy... I bet the funeral directors love you on the slow months. ;-)

To #2 - Yes, that is what is happening.

To #3 - Please show me where I or anyone ever indicated that a gall bladder should be buried. :wacko:

You didn't, now treat the miscarried fetus or abortion the same way. Of course, unless the woman wants to treat it with dignity.

So, you admit throwing the fetus on the fire and heating buildings with it is not treating it with dignity?